The Anfield Saga

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 79K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kirdi has given an interview. He says he needs two more months of checking before he might buy. That would take us past RBS' deadline for having the loans paid. He says that Rafael did nothing for Liverpool. And he says that he will be the full owner but he's backed by big companies who want to remain anonymous for the moment.

He can f*** right off.

In the words of yourself, he can **** OFF.

Kirdi has given an interview. He says he needs two more months of checking before he might buy. That would take us past RBS' deadline for having the loans paid. He says that Rafael did nothing for Liverpool. And he says that he will be the full owner but he's backed by big companies who want to remain anonymous for the moment.

He can f*** right off.

Yep. This Kirdi fella is ******* me right off.

At least Huang's party made an effort to come in contact with the fans, even if it's indirectly through SOS. To be honest, I'm not sure of anybody now. This takeover is starting to sound like we're shifting from one nightmare to the other.

---------- Post added at 06:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

RBS offers loan to potential Liverpool buyers?

Do I sense desperation? Is this in regards to certain rumours that we've lost most of the interested buyers? And here's what's being talked about at LFC forums -
You not heard?

Some reckon that the reason all genuine interested parties have backed off or simply not returned to the table is because while being allowed to look at the club`s `books` there are some serious financial irregularities in view with strong talk of embezzlement involving Gillet and his family.......

Apparently all will be revealed by October.......
Is this why the Indians backed off? What exactly did H&G do to the club's finance that is bad enough to scare away most of the interested parties? *Headache, headache*

Last edited:
RBS loans may be for stadium financing and/or player purchases. They said something like that a few months back - that they'd be happy to continue to work with new owners, just not the leeches. Would be very surprised if RBS didn't get their debt paid off in full because the club just has no realistic prospect of every paying it off on its own revenues.

Only factual thing which is known re.Gillett and something which doesn't look right about his finances and Liverpool FC is that he took out a loan in the States to pay back money RBS wanted. He took it out from the rich man's equivalent of cash converter, and what he was converting was control of a company which may be part of how he owns Liverpool. If that is what happened, then there's all kinds of problems with him doing that - especially if he didn't tell RBS or the other loan company about each other.

Big problem with the club is purely the debt. The club can't carry the amount of debt Hicks and Gillett have put on it. Apparantly the debt is now increasing at the rate of around £3m per week (bank debt + intercompany debt owed to H&G). You can buy a lot of Luke Youngs for that kind of money... Throw in Tom and George essentially saying that they'll fight things through the courts if they don't get at least the intercompany loans of c.£160m back and it's fairly understandable that most sane people with money are swerving this one. Think there's only one Liverpool supporter in the world with the money to sort this out properly, and he's got other problems on his plate, so we're kind of crossing our fingers that Huang's backers do turn out to have both money and the best interests of the club at heart.

Here's another interesting read from the forums.

From the latest balance sheet I would say the total assets were more like 250 mil (this is a hard one as alot are valuations and so on) but lets say somewhere in the middle of our figures. On the purchase you would not have to purchase the Cayman form of KOP or the first parent, BUttttt remember when the owners said they invested 128 mil of their own money??? Well they actually did, but instead of it being a cash injection its is listed as a loan and is on the LFC balance sheet as a debt, not only that but they are charging the club 10 points on it (annually) so that is why it shows as 144 mil?? I believe (thats because they dont pay of the loan they instead let the interest compound and add it to the debt)
SO anyway I can't imagine the H&G walking away from that one anytime soon. Thus brings up the total club debt to around 420 mil UK.
If this is true, then the club's debts are much worse than we were led to believe. Might explain why Huang is so reluctant to pay over the odds to H&G.

Well, not unknown because this is what some of us have been saying for three years - and we got called all the names under the sun for pointing it out :) Club debt has been known about for a long time, but people didn't want to listen. Things have now got even worse because to refinance earlier this year, RBS forced G&H to turn the debt into PIK loans which have a much, much higher rate of interest. And it seems like they've also defaulted on paying interest too. There'll be more on this coming out in the papers very soon - David Maddock mentions it in his last piece in The Mirror, but some of the broadsheets will be covering this soon and Bascombe has apparantly had sight of the document which confirms it (whether you believe him or not... I don't read NOTW so take him with a pinch of salt for a number of reasons).

Total debt on the club at Kop Holdings' level is now probably going to be somewhere around £490m (£330m to RBS plus £160m to inter-company loans). And it's increasing at £3m a week....

Heh, we're catching up to United then :'(

He can f*** right off.

A couple of minutes ago he said a deal was just days away, & now it's 2 months. Does this guy suffer from a multi-personalty disorder ? If so, everyone should lay off the expletives as he can't help himself. On the other hand, if he's attended the Hicks & Gillett School of Absolute Truth-Speaking, I agree - he can go away quickly with our collective boot up his ****.

Why does LFC attract all the Arthur Daley's of the money markets ?

I repeat my earlier plea: come in, football-mad sheikh & spend all your petro-dollars on us. NOW. ! :S

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Total debt on the club at Kop Holdings' level is now probably going to be somewhere around £490m (£330m to RBS plus £160m to inter-company loans). And it's increasing at £3m a week....

Mate, have a heart - please nix on the increase-of-debt bulletins - you're starting to hurt me mentally. I know the chancers have ruined & continue to ruin our beloved club with every day they remain as this rump of a regime ( ' In the name of God, GO ! ' ), but enough already !
This affair has turned me into a borderline manic-depresive - I don't want to go the whole hog ! ( Yes, I'm aware I'm sticking my head in the sand, but there we are ).

Keep up the brilliant analysis of this mockery of a takeover, but the debt problem - NOOOOO ! :'(

Last edited:
lol about Kirdi. His PR handlers really shouldn't let him out on his own - all the spin about 'buying liverpool on Sunday' totally ballsed up by him speaking. Would be funny if it wasn't our club heh.

Debt's going to be something I think we're going to hear a lot about mate. Sadly, it's at the very heart of the problem here and is why so many sane businessmen are looking at the books and walking away for the moment. Understand where you're coming from, but better to know what might happen than for it all to come as a surprise,no? Only really brought it back up because it is going to be hitting the newspapers again soon though ;)

Deadline for bids is Friday. Proof of funding was meant to be in by today.

BarCap telling times that they are confident two bids will be there by Friday. Here's hoping because administration really won't be pleasant due to the portion of the debt which is owed to tumours.

Despite the rivalry between Liverpool and Manchester United,it would be a huge shame to see a big and decorated club as Liverpool go down into administration.

Bamba said:
Just a quickie, brethren. I'm absolutely confident the Huang takeover is bang on course. I hate being evasive. I'd promised I wouldn't come back onto this thread until I had solid news, but I feel the anguish everyone is going through and felt I should pop in and try to calm the fear, understandable as it is. Hold your nerve and talk about football for a day or two. It's coming to a head. I really can't say any more.

Soooo.... Brad Jones? Wtf?!

Soooo.... Brad Jones? Wtf?!

Woy clearly dosen't fancy our brazilian keeper, so Jones will be the Reina back-up. Until the takeover is done ( sigh ), we'll be forced to scrape the barrell, as usual - total bummer.

Have a sneaky feeling of goodness about Poulsen though. (H)

I am done with all this PR nonsense. I'll come back when there's solid news on who has acquired us, if ever. In the meantime I'm gonna play some games, drool over lingerie models and troll other forums. :P

Bamba said:
Possibly my last bulletin on this ‘ere takeover - I certainly hope so. The Huang bid has been presented to Barcap. There’ll be a little to-ing and fro-ing as Barcap inevitably try to persuade them to increase their offer. Over the next 24 hours Huang & co will get to a point where they say “this is it - this is as high as we’re prepared to go”. Offer will go to LFC board - possibly even tomorrow. Therefore, logically, there’s not much more your Uncle Bamba can tell you. The next we’ll hear from now on in will come when an Official source announces that the bid has been accepted - or not. Here’s hoping.

End-game approaches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back