The Anfield Saga

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 79K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zeb - So basically Huang's gang ( b-boom ) are the ponies to back then ? oO)

No idea mate. Not enough details for me to give an opinion but I've liked what I've heard so far.But more details needed. Lads who are in the loop in this are saying that it's as good as it'll get if Huang's gang take over. They might have been lied to. They might have got it wrong. We'll see - they're currently the only ones who've had a proposal broadly acceptable to the board as a whole (ie 3v2 vote with H&G not happy).

Said at beginning that this will be messy. Don't have inside track. Have trust that the lads passing on the info (both journos and ITKs) are good reds and are being as accurate as the info that they get. But that ain't a guarantee of anything. And this could all go **** up still.

Enjoy the show would be advice. Don't stress stuff. Just keep going to get H&G out. Have a watch of that dvd I've posted to remind yourselves of why we're in this position. Not going to swear. But I hate those ****s for what they've done to my club and the danger they've put it in.

---------- Post added at 04:13 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:47 PM ----------

Jim Broughton has dug into Kirdi's history. His claim to business fame was running a takeaway. He did once play football though. Not an international though. Man's full of it - but does he have backers?

In other news, Guardian is saying that RBS may not put us into administration in October but instead run us themselves. Which is nice, but the Guardian forget to say that when banks run businesses it is only ever done to cut costs and make them more profitable. Should be fun if it happens... We've also somehow managed to run up another £75m in bank debt since January. Fowler knows.

Mirror is saying that our resident leeches want Kirdi's 'bid' and will go to court to prevent a bid which they don't like being accepted. Got to love 'em. They've both got form for doing this kind of thing so here's hoping they're just spouting more BS and RBS will kick them both back into line.

Reports from India that two Indian billionaires are getting ready to bid. Both have been linked in the past.

Huang camp very, very quiet. As is Rhone group.

Great way to sober yourself up is to think that by the time you've read to here, Liverpool will be another £1k in debt at the rate it's totting up this year. And that's just the bank debt. Doesn't include the toxic loans Hicks and Gillett have put on the club which is owed to them. I'm heading back to get more booze. :)

Cheers for the, as always, informative & no nonsense analysis Zeb. If SOS ever need a chief of intel - you're it.

Does the timing of this takeover strike you as a bit sinister ? I mean, why couldn't the horse trading have started a month earlier ? As things stand, it looks as if it won't be sorted until the transfer window is closed, which means we'll have just January to boost our quality-thin squad with some major signings before the new FIFA player expenditure rule kicks in. It's always been a ****** to get the top talent to switch clubs mid-season. Has somone with other loyalties been dragging their feet, I wonder ?

I admit, it's probably paranoia on my part - but why when time is short, is this takeover seemingly running at a snails pace ? Woy must be doing his nut having to rationalise the expenditure of a measley £6 mil on Poulsen when at least 5 x £20 mil + players are required for us to have a serious swing at the top honours ! :S

Sales process under Broughton wouldn't have got underway until fairly late on, and you'd think that potential bidders would have been checking out what BarCap have prepared for a few weeks before making non-binding bids to the board to check out whether they're broadly acceptable.

The ITKs have said that the reason for going public when they did was that Huang's group suspected that H&G were bringing in a false bidder to prevent a sale and to put public pressure on RBS and Broughton not to allow them to cling on any longer. Makes some kind of sense for me, but there's a lot I don't like still yet holding fire to see if backers do come forward. I've enough speculation to qualify me for a full suit of tin foil armour, never mind just a hat :)

Would imagine once a formal offer is in and the board votes, things will happen quickly - providing H&G don't get to **** about.

At the moment, just seems like a lot of monkeys throwing poo at each other and a co-ordinated attempt to make one final push to get H&G out before the October deadline. Genuinely do feel that if we get past the transfer window without being sold then our fate as a mid-table club is sealed for the forseeable. Mid-table at best heh - could realistically be a lot, lot worse.

And I may owe an apology to Showmethemoney. Increasing amount of rumours of a bid being prepared from Dubai, not DIC by all accounts though possibly involving the Sheikh personally.

Very worrying times ahead then :S

Jim Boardman's piece on Kirdi's business credentials: http://www.anfieldroad.com/news/201008073868/yahya-kirdi-fantasy-island-without-the-planes.html/

I'd probably trust Kirdi to be able to sort me out with a pizza. Hooking me up with £600 million? Probably not...

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Bamba said:
Evening all. Just checking in to try and bring a bit of balance to what was always going to be a bit of a rollercoaster. It’s exactly a week since news of Red Ken’s proposed takeover was revealed, and in that week he’s gone from being hailed as our saviour to derided as a publicity-crazy psycho. But after the drama of the bid revelation, there was always going to be a period of comparative silence, the more so because a) it’s the weekend and b) Martin Broughton has, correctly, insisted on a bit of decorum from any party wanting their bid to be taken seriously. Still, it’s worth reminding everyone that Ken Huang has not made a public statement and neither has CIC denied their involvement in the LFC takeover bid. The initial splurge of info was necessary, on balance, because it ensured a level of transparency leading into this bid process. But that doesn’t make Huang’s party a gang fame-hungry narcissists. Their bid is real. Their backing is real. Their intent - to be LFC’s new owners as soon as viably possible - is real.

I’ve said previously and I’ll say again - there’s a lot more that could be revealed about this bid, the consortium and the ailing health of Hicks and Gillette’s financial empires. But as has also been politely pointed out, the wisdom of radio silence is not in the limiting of information to your troops, rather making sure the enemy don’t know where you’ll hit them next. We all know these boards are scanned far and wide, so let’s not give anything away this late in the day.

Broughton has requested that all interested parties show the mettle of their bid and their worth by Wednesday. Things will begin to heat up again over the next day or two and I’m confident that Red Ken’s will end up being the only serious bid on the table.

If Huang's bid is successful, when do you think he will takeover Zeb?

If Huang's bid is successful, when do you think he will takeover Zeb?

October 6th is when RBS have said, unofficially, that action will be taken by them. So any time between the end of next week and then really.

There really shouldn't be too much that isn't known about the club and its finances at the moment because RBS have got such a hold on Hicks and Gillett and it's not in their interests to derail any bid which has backing and is acceptable by hiding things from potential buyers. So the formal due dilligence process should be quite speedy, providing that RBS and Broughton have uncovered all of H&G's dirty little secrets as far as the concern us.

So it could be very, very quickly. But it will depend a lot on Hicks and Gillett too and how much power Broughton and RBS actually have over the sale process to prevent them trying to screw it up. Broughton says there are 'commitments' from the owners that the Kop Football Holdings board will be the ones making the decision and they'll abide by it, and you'd think that RBS will have ensured that those commitments would be watertight.

If anyone ever fancies working in marketing and PR, this sale is going to be a brilliant example for study. :S

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

The Times said:
Tony Barrett
Updated 1 minute ago

The Chinese consortium leading the race to buy Liverpool is expected to step up its interest this week by making a firm offer for the club.

Kenny Huang, a Hong Kong-based businessman, has delivered an outline takeover proposal to Martin Broughton, the Liverpool chairman, and having gone public with its plans, the consortium is understood to be putting the finishing touches to a formal offer that it will put to Barclays Capital (Barcap), which is overseeing the sale.

Broughton has made it clear to all parties that they must provide proof of having the necessary cash to complete a deal.

If successful, the Chinese bid would lead Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr, the Liverpool co-owners, to be replaced by a consortium backed by a Far Eastern sovereign wealth fund, believed to be an offshoot of China Investment Company.

YouTube- ‪Churchill: "This is not the end" (nov. 1942)‬‎

Been a quiet weekend thank god. I expect a lot more rumours floating around tomorrow and continuing during the week I believe that a deal will be done by the transfer window deadline as every day that passes leaves the club in more debt. This makes it look like a bad investment and makes it less likely that Dumb and Dumber will walk away with a profit.
At this stage H&G should just try flog the club asap as their reign has been a disaster and they would even admit so themselves.
Hope its Huang that completes a takeover but i personally feel that any owner will be popular once the debts are wrote off!

I still love Hicks and Gillete. They make me laugh alot.

First interview

Gillet: " A spade will be in the ground within 60 days " ( about the new stadium)

Gillet - I hope you ment 1160. its been around that...

Hicks " We assure the fans of liverpool, that we know what you want. you want to win "

Win what Hicks? **** all? The only thing you've won is support from Man Utd fans mate.

Despite it all. They still blame each-other.
Here are some interesting videos.

YouTube- ‪George Gillett lies - Part 1‬‎

YouTube- ‪George Gillett lies - Part 2‬‎

YouTube- ‪George Gillett lies - Part 3‬‎

Liverpool-v-Sunderland----001.jpg

YNWA,
Joel

Braking news: Its expected the deal will be done by Sundays game at arsenal, its on Sky Sports news right now.

Looks good news for liverpool. :)

Just been said on SSN, that the Syrians expect a deal to be signed (not completed but signed) by kick-off against Arsenal on Sunday.

Big movements for Liverpool.

Also, the Syrian "is not a billionaire, but he's well off" according to his representative.

Braking news: Its expected the deal will be done by Sundays game at arsenal, its on Sky Sports news right now.

so we only have the yanks for couple more days then

happy days

can someone explain to me how it's good if it's the syrian? :s
he's a mug and gillets using him to drive the price up...
any deal that H&G like is a deal that we as fans should not like!

also, is it not funny/fishy that this is coming out not long after Huang announced he wants to meet with SoS? :S
i'm definately against Kirdi's "bid"...

Last edited:
Something is up :S This isn't right.

Not really mate - anything that benefits tom & jerry CANNOT be good news ! The Syrian clique are rumoured to have offerd £600mil, which means the 2 clowns walk off with a big profit from all their shabby dealings, ie: £250mil which could have been spent on the new stadium & badly needed team rebuilding.

Mr. Huang - you're in danger of being check-mated ! :S

This isn't as good news as thought. This Syrian businessman isn't in it for the long-term benefit of the club, as I said he is a Businessman, admittedly not a very good one at that either.

His bid is the one that is favoured by H&G so that must say something, surely. Oh and also yes he wants to build a new stadium, he also wants to build a shopping centre right next to it to maximise his profit. Read into that what you will.

Come on Huang the ball is in your court!!

However, interesting news on this Syrian fella is that he is representing the sharjah family of Dubai, the rulers of emirates, they so happen to be billionaires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back