The Anfield Saga

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 79K
Status
Not open for further replies.
the more you hear, the worse it gets...

Going beyond the Liverpool specific stuff, the danger of the collective agreement breaking up is one which the Premier League really has to avoid. Certain clubs pushed hard to end shared ticket receipts for league matches, and we saw the results almost immediately with the 'smaller' teams no longer being able to challenge for titles based on that shared revenue. If tv rights go the same way, that will kill any chance of a smaller club being able to compete in the Premier League. It's hard enough now for clubs to get up and stay up.

Going beyond the Liverpool specific stuff, the danger of the collective agreement breaking up is one which the Premier League really has to avoid. Certain clubs pushed hard to end shared ticket receipts for league matches, and we saw the results almost immediately with the 'smaller' teams no longer being able to challenge for titles based on that shared revenue. If tv rights go the same way, that will kill any chance of a smaller club being able to compete in the Premier League. It's hard enough now for clubs to get up and stay up.
while it wouldnt effect our clubs negatively directly, it would be like la liga style tv rights. it would destroy the league final vestiges of competitveness. football is going down the *******

Last edited:
If it does happens it'll be good for Liverpool, they can get some wingers then.

Tony Evans:
Ped, the thing is so convoluted, I've forgotten what straight is. The Chinese have their budget. All in, they will spend about £800m on the club in the short term - price, players, stadium.

****, that makes you really drool with possibilities.

****, that makes you really drool with possibilities.

Let's have a look at what you would have won..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLRnOlY1ldY"]YouTube- Bullseye 1983 - Star Prize Gamble.[/ame]

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 AM ----------

Press statement due from Huang shortly. Should confirm that he'll be in Britain next week for talks with Broughton and board.

And here I was, thinking that they're already having talks for more than a week. :S I sincerely hope it's about final agreements on the deal.

Its such a shame, looks like no deal will be done before the end of the transfer window. This is could be a very, very difficult season for Liverpool if a deal doesn't go through. Very worrying times and surely a sign of what may be to come for Man Utd?

SSN's are reporting that Kenny Huang has pulled out of the process/deal. Is this true or just part of a PR stunt?

If true, then it looks like a season where we struggle to reach 4th is ahead, and possibly another year of the wank yank's in charge :( this is rather disspointing tbh, i had faith in Broughton to conclude the deal...

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Link to sporting intelligence article & huang statement.

clicky

saddened by this!

It aint' looking good anyway.
We really need to strengthen.

I honestly don't know what to say, I'm ******* distraught

this going to be the last season us liverpool fans will see fernando torres in a red shirt he will be off now that no takeover is happening bad day for us red fans

i really whant to kill hicks and gillett for destroying this great club

this going to be the last season us liverpool fans will see fernando torres in a red shirt he will be off now that no takeover is happening bad day for us red fans

i really whant to kill hicks and gillett for destroying this great club

Why will Torres leave? oO)

He said 1-2 weeks ago he was happy here, and wanted to play for in his words 'the best team in England'

I don't think Torres or any players will want to leave.

He said 1-2 weeks ago he was happy here, and wanted to play for in his words 'the best team in England'

I dont think it's a case of Torres et al wanting to leave, its more the fact that RBS will want to call in the debt should we not get taken over meaning we need to sell...

cause you have to pay RBS a lot of money very soon, Your not getting get that much money from any players bar torres, mascherano and Gerrard. Also Didnt torres say this when this take over went public. Well thats strange isnt it...

I love your optimism but I believe that if Benitez had stayed he'd be gone already and he has to say that if he's here for another year. But I do think that a takeover will be done by next season, now the task is to get it done by January so we can strengthen.

Because we are in millions upon millions of debt. Unless one of the other parties takes over, we are screwed. There'll be no more 100k p/w players/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back