The Anfield Saga

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 79K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure why, but I don't think he'll leave...

Apparently, Zeb's ITK on RAWK, has predicted all this.
so. I hope he's ******* right!

He ******* best have done. How do you know this?

because i've just had a nip over to RAWK, and saw several people quoting people's saying that Bamba has said all this will happen.

Me personally, i think this could be PR, as Huangs statement is very vague. although maybe this is just me being an optimist?

Don Vito Corleone said:
It's DIC all over again

Only difference is that Parry was an idiot, but an honest one

Broughton is no more than a H&G stooge, at every juncture he's been as awkward as possible, Huang has seen more hoops thrown at him during this process than a travelling fair and has got fed up having to jump through them

*shrug*

Guess we'll see what happens.

edit:: also, as far as the ITKs know, Kenyon had nothing at all to do with Huang's bid.

United hat off (this is way beyond rivalry) this is bollocks, pure and simple. really dont much more to say on this. the premierleague will finally realise too late the dangers of loose rules and poor owners when one of the biggest clubs in the world takes another step to administration. sickening for football fans and embarrasing for this country

the thing i don't get is.
Hicks & Gillet would have walked away with a tiny profit - tiny yes, but neverthe less, a profit it is.

If, it does come to October 6th, H&G will walk away with nothing. As it's looking likely they won't be allowed to refinance (yn) and RBS will sieze control of the club...

the thing i don't get is.
Hicks & Gillet would have walked away with a tiny profit - tiny yes, but neverthe less, a profit it is.

If, it does come to October 6th, H&G will walk away with nothing. As it's looking likely they won't be allowed to refinance (yn) and RBS will sieze control of the club...

Tom and George won't be walking away with any profit unless the club is sold for more than £440m. It may be that even then they'll need it to sell for £500m just to break even because they may have loaned the money for the inter-company loans.

There is no-one currently out there who will pay £500m for us and then find another £300m - 400m for a stadium and then find yet more funds for player purchases which are needed because of the squad being run down for two full years as a result of the owners not wanting to invest in the playing side.

Might be that Huang is making a point and will come back to the table. Might be a lot of good reds have been sold a dud. Might be that Huang's bid was to force the price low for another bidder. So much unknown. Other than the fact that Tom and George are desperate to hang on unless they see a clear profit and until then, they'll continue to run us down because we cannot afford to be building up £40m+ in interest repayments without ever bringing the debt down.

As idiotic as Hicks & Gillete are surely even they know it would have been better to sell the club now and atleast walk away with part of their investmant rather than letting R.B.S take control of the club in a few months time. This isnt over and i fear it isnt for the good. And i will admit that when i saw the news on SSN i had a lump in my throat and my eyes filled with water, the yanks and Broughton dont care about the fans, they just care about how much they are going to pocket from the deal.

Something I'd like cleared up, does Huang really have the financial backing?

I mean, the Chinese [may have been the CIC, or one of his other backers] said they would only provide 20%, the American said that they in fact had nothing to do with this what so ever. If i have missed a post, just quote it, I was rather insure over all of this, and Huang's real intentions.

Something I'd like cleared up, does Huang really have the financial backing?

I mean, the Chinese [may have been the CIC, or one of his other backers] said they would only provide 20%, the American said that they in fact had nothing to do with this what so ever. If i have missed a post, just quote it, I was rather insure over all of this, and Huang's real intentions.

Some senior journalists at some normally impeccable news outlets are saying that Huang had sufficient backing to be taken very seriously by BarCap and RBS and that he had proven that those funds were there to be used.

Who his backers were, whether they involved CIC etc., was never made known.

----

gavstacey - you have to remember that Tom and George have put debt on the club via inter-company loans. So going into administration might actually result in a better outcome for them than if the club is sold normally. Because when a club goes into administration, a majority of the people owed money have to agree to what happens (remember what happened with Portsmouth? The Inland Revenue disagreed with the plans put forward and so Portsmouth couldn't sort things out until the Inland Revenue were happy) and the administrator is meant to be independant and to try his best to make sure that everyone owed money gets paid off.

Tom and George can't take us into administration themselves because the debt owed to them has terms attached which stop them from doing it.

So Zeb, you reckon the Yanks actually want us to go into administration because they'd get more out of it? How does that work?

So Zeb, you reckon the Yanks actually want us to go into administration because they'd get more out of it? How does that work?

No mate, I'm saying that if the alternatives are a bid which leaves them taking a loss of £80m each or going into administration and reducing that loss to £50m each because the administrator sells off every single thing in the club, then to them administration is a better option. They don't give a f*ck about the club or its future. They just want as much money as they can make off the back of it, and right now they're in danger of losing a lot of money so they'll be looking to lose as little as possible.

----

@chriss22 - could you link me to where you've grabbed that from mate? That would be news if it's happening. edit: nvm. Ack if this is being run by The Times tomorrow.

Echo is meant to be running something interesting tomorrow. No idea what yet though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back