The Anfield Saga

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 79K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a Liverpool fan but I really hope this deal or another one goes through, I can't stand to see a club which is so integral to the history of English, and World football be run to the ground by a pair of selfish money-grabbing non-football-fans.

Best of luck for getting new owners and the new season Liverpool.

Apparently the Chinese guy who wants to buy them is a graduate from New York and was the first Chinese to work in the New York Stock Exchange

Apparently the Chinese guy who wants to buy them is a graduate from New York and was the first Chinese to work in the New York Stock Exchange
read that yesterday, dosnt really mean much :S

:D

It's a huge PR war at the moment with both sides spinning away.

This is the latest front as details of the opening bid is getting leaked by Huang's group:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=811527&sec=england&cc=5739&cc=5739
Thanks, Zeb. If there's any truth to that article, then it's more doubtful that there are any bidders other than Huang. And it would seem The Despicable Duo have lost their minds if they put a £800m price-tag on a "worthless" share. No one is gonna pay that much even without the debt. I believe their little game was to ask £800m and then sell it for around £600m after negotiations. Looks like it didn't really work out as they had planned.

This made me chuckle on the petition:

# 2,277:
8:37 am PDT, Aug 3, Kenneth Huang, China

Lol

Keep it serious though guys because some poor sod has to go through and clean up the nonsense ones or the ones which have swearing in them :)

Ya...

some poor sod at TLW is going to have to clean it up anyways but please restrain your impulse to sign it as Steven Gerrard or someone to make his/her job easier. :)

Right quick update time

There was, as established by Bamba earlier today, a board meeting in regards to the offer for the club from Kenny Huang and his backers, further to that there is commitment on both sides to ongoing dialogue from all sides bar one exception.

Such is George Gillett's desire to walk away with a substantial return, he has took it upon himself to try and discredit Kenny Huang in anyway possible, which includes sending out various agents to China and the US dig dirt on our potential new owner in order to smear him in the press.

By doing this he hopes to put doubt in the mind of supporters and more importantly, those that have the immediate power to make a decision at Anfield, chiefly Martin Broughton, and remove Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

The motivation behind this is to remove the only credible bid on the table for the club, thereby extending his stay of execution until the finance agreements are up in October, and then rely on RBS reluctance to put the club into administration and grant them a further extension.

But enough of that devious little ****

In regards to the Huang bid to buy the club, couple of commitments that they have made in their bid, commitments that the board of LFC, BarCap and RBS are aware of

They will remove all the debt on the club

They will invest heavily in the playing squad

They will start work on the stadium as soon as is practicable, as it is absolutely key to their long term plans for the club

They will promote the club in both China and the US, aiming bring in global giants as commercial partners with the intention of building the club to a level of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich

The only caveat to this is that IF George is successful in moving the goalposts, there is doubt as to whether they will be happy to watch the club depreciate further for a further 12 months and may withdraw their interest.

Lad who posted that is the other one who has an inside line on this and has not been wrong so far.

Rory Smith at the telegraph asked the club if there was a board meeting today. The club said no. However, it was technically the board of Kop Football Holdings who were meeting and not the board of LFC so make of that what you will.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

The second bid on the table is the Rhone one from back in March. It's £120m for the vast majority of the club.

The Premier League met with one of the bidders tonight. (This is in the papers now). That's because the club must inform PL of any change of ownership 10 days before it happens and the potential owner has to pass financial and fit and proper tests.

Lad who posted that is the other one who has an inside line on this and has not been wrong so far.

Rory Smith at the telegraph asked the club if there was a board meeting today. The club said no. However, it was technically the board of Kop Football Holdings who were meeting and not the board of LFC so make of that what you will.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

The second bid on the table is the Rhone one from back in March. It's £120m for the vast majority of the club.

The Premier League met with one of the bidders tonight. (This is in the papers now). That's because the club must inform PL of any change of ownership 10 days before it happens and the potential owner has to pass financial and fit and proper tests.

H&G are never gunna accept the Rhone bid are they?
and i'm guessing it was Huang and his people who met with the PL?

H&G are never gunna accept the Rhone bid are they?
and i'm guessing it was Huang and his people who met with the PL?

H&G are never going to accept the Huang offer either. But Purslow, Ayre and Broughton might. And with RBS pushing from above and the very future of the club at stake, here's hoping.

Unknown who has met with PL tonight. Would imagine/hope Huang given that is at least better than the Rhone bid...

H&G are never going to accept the Huang offer either. But Purslow, Ayre and Broughton might. And with RBS pushing from above and the very future of the club at stake, here's hoping.

Unknown who has met with PL tonight. Would imagine/hope Huang given that is at least better than the Rhone bid...

true; but you'd think that those 3 (P, A and B) would be sensible enough to accept the highest offer? tha also looks the best?

if it is Huang that has met with the PL; then what does that mean? does it mean it's more likely that the takeover will be completed?

I wish I knew for sure mate but the two lads are fairly sure that the decision now rests with Broughton which would seem to imply that the board is now deadlocked. Think it's going to be ten days+ of absolute war in the press between Huang's group and the owners.

The Key thing is will they pass the really testing "fit anf proper" person test.<)

Should see the optimism on the Liverpool forum. "Post your starting eleven after Haungs takeover" With someone posting this
Reina
Johnson Agger Carra Coentrao
Defour Gerrard
Aguero Cole Van Der Vaart
Torres
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back