• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 79K
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the china dude buy Liverpool then they will buy Messi from Barca lol

:D

His answer wasn't quite like that though. He was basically asked "What kind of transfer funds would you give the manager?" and he said "Whatever the manager wants - even if he wanted Messi we would try to get him".

Even if we had the money to buy Messi, I'm pretty sure he's not gonna leave Barca for a very long time. But it's nice to know we're not gonna have to dig up scraps to meet the required transfer funds.

Here's an unhappy thought:

If the cowboys have a 'puppet' among the other 3 members of the deciding board, then it's possible that they could block any sale that there greedy little minds don't like. They could attempt to squeeze more money out of any prospective bidder than he's preparerd to offer & thus queer a deal through sheer avarice - this is not beyond D & D I fear.

Here's an unhappy thought:

If the cowboys have a 'puppet' among the other 3 members of the deciding board, then it's possible that they could block any sale that there greedy little minds don't like. They could attempt to squeeze more money out of any prospective bidder than he's preparerd to offer & thus queer a deal through sheer avarice - this is not beyond D & D I fear.

That's where the pressure on RBS comes in. If RBS makes it clear that there will be no refinancing and the debt will be called in, the twits are hopefully screwed because they'll have to find £250m within 24 hours of the debt being called in or risk walking away with around £210m (plus around £50m in lost interest which won't be paid on their intercompany loans) losses between them.

To be honest, I'm happy that this Huang knows who Messi is, not like the City owners before their takeover :D

A reported approach by a Chinese businessman, Jian-hua ‘Kenny’ Huang, to buy Liverpool is shrouded in confusion as sources in China and America have told sportingintelligence that he does not have the money to buy the club, that he declined to sign a confidentiality clause requested of all interested parties, and that “it is simply not plausible” that he can effectively strike a deal with RBS bank in order to take control.

Some reports have claimed that Huang is a billionaire and that he owns a 15 per cent stake in the Cleveland Cavaliers NBA basketball franchise.

In fact he is not a billionaire, and has never owned any shares in the Cavaliers, and there are no plans for him to own any in the future.

One source in China says: “Kenny has no capability of buying Liverpool.”

A different Chinese businessman, Albert Hung, made an offer to buy a stake in the Cavaliers more than a year ago, but even that deal hasn’t gone through.

“Kenny was never the main investor, nor in fact did he ever have any personal financial involvement in such a deal at all,” one source says.

Huang has a commercial connection with the Cavaliers as the middleman who introduced the Cavs to a beer company to do a sponsorship deal, but he has never owned any stake in any major sports franchise.

Huang owns a company in Hong Kong, QSL Sports Limited, which describes itself as a “sports investment company” but its simple website, which hasn’t been updated in several months, ceased working today, with users given the message: “The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit.”

QSL Sports Limited’s main interests to date have been in promoting China’s second-tier semi-professional basketball league (the NBL), and in promoting a new Chinese youth league in baseball (CYBL); baseball is still a fledgling sport in the country.

Until May this year, QSL’s co-founder and primary financial backer was a bona fide billionaire businessman, Adrian Cheng, whose family have been ranked by Forbes as the 112th richest family in the world, worth $7.7bn.

But Cheng and Huang parted company two months ago and a QSL statement at the time said: “QSL co-founder Mr. Adrian Cheng will no longer be involved in QSL’s businesses and development and its related charitable foundations. QSL will now be 100 per cent owned by Mr. Kenny Huang.”

Skeptical sources in China claim that Huang only came to prominence as a front man for an unnamed wealthy Hong Kong family within the past couple of years and that he no longer has that association.

Sources in London with an understanding of what Kenny Huang apparently hopes to achieve at Liverpool say he has offered to effectively buy Liverpool’s debt of £237m from RBS, cutting out any involvement in a formal bidding process being handled by Barclays Capital under the direction of Liverpool’s chairman Martin Broughton.

Yet even those close to Huang cannot explain how buying the debt from RBS would definitely hand him or his backers control of the club. One RBS source described as “absolute bollocks” the idea that RBS would unilaterally sell Liverpool’s debt to Huang or had been involved in advanced talks to do so.

The club’s American owners, Tom Hicks and George Gillett, owe RBS £237m as a result of what was effectively their leveraged buyout, and the pair have also subsequently leant Liverpool another £144m via a Cayman Islands branch of their Liverpool investment vehicle, according to accounts for the financial year ending summer 2009.

It has been claimed that Huang has the backing of an unnamed Asian sovereign wealth fund, which if true could put billions at his disposal. The operative words are “if true”.

If an Asian sovereign wealth fund wanted to buy Liverpool, why would it not go via conventional channels, namely BarCap and Broughton?

Why would it use Huang as a front man, when he has no previous history of sports deals on the scale of a Premier League football club?

Why would it let him effectively manage its funds?

These are all questions that may or may not be answered in the coming weeks.

Liverpool insiders at the highest level insist there are multiple interested parties involved in talks about buying the club and that a preferred bidder should emerge in due course, perhaps within a few weeks.

Due diligence on any bidder, and their ability to take to club forward, specifically in funding a new 60,000-plus seat stadium that could cost up to £400m “is of the utmost importance, now more than ever” one source said.

“There is formal process and BarCap runs it,” said another source. “You cannot simply go to RBS or Wachovia or Bank of America and try to do a unilateral deal because it won’t work and it won’t stack up.

“Mr Huang did not want to sign a confidentiality agreement and you have to ask why.”

A source who knows Huang well said: “Kenny is good at making deals, as in facilitating deals for other people. He would certainly be capable of bringing people together. But Kenny is also very, very good at promoting Kenny.”​
I've just found that on a website called sporting intelligence by Nick Harris; i mean i have no idea how reliable or true that is; but it certainly add's something to think about....

I don't want to be ******* Manchester City. I want to be successful, of course, but I don't want to buy every striker with a pulse. :S That's just not Liverpool.

Ok, I've been on to my ex. And I'm going to speculate a bit on here based on what she's said. This is speculation.

I don't buy into the idea that this is a CIC investment. Huang's previously worked closely with ludicrously rich Hong Kong families (the Chengs and the Hungs in particular) but his main work has been with an American businessman called Les Alexander, who owns the Houston Rockets basketball team.

So even if CIC turns out to be a red herring, I'm cautiously optimistic that Huang's group may have some decent backing.

I don't want to be ******* Manchester City. I want to be successful, of course, but I don't want to buy every striker with a pulse. :S That's just not Liverpool.
You're worried about having too much money to buy players at a time like this? :P We're almost on the verge of getting dragged further down the table because of the debt and greedy owners. I'd happily accept a "Man City"-situation rather than get killed by The Two Stooges.

i think the tv channel Dave should take over..bring in some no-nonsense and no nancy boy style football that has been present for awhile now :)

I wouldn't want too much money either. What Man City are doing is stupid, and I imagine no-one would want their team to be managed that way. Mancin's buying all these players, yet he doesn't even know who he's replacing. The only players that are guaranteed to stay are the new siginings, he couldn't give a **** about the others. Buying players for the sake of buying them.

Should he decide to join, I'd like him to sort out all the debts first, even before funding for players. If he could do that he is immediately a legend.

Hope this goes through, and for people worrying about himm buying too much, I think Roy has more sense than that, he's an experienced manager.

Hope he can takeover, but if he doesn't we really need to sell.

it's so frustrating sitting here not knowing whats happening! i just want a deal to go through (the right deal) and for the yanks to dissapear! :|

Aye.

But if you're bored there's stuff you can be doing to help things along. It's about forcing H&G out and not giving RBS any option but to make it clear that they have to go.

eg

have a read of this thread on RAWK and send Mr.Heste a polite letter asking him to make sure that H&G don't remain at the club: http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=259237.0

pass along this petition to everyone you know and ask them to sign it: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/100/petition-against-the-rbs-loan-to-lfc

Always stuff you can be doing (even when there's other stuff you should be doing :D).

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

This has just been posted by one of the lads on RAWK. He's been kosher so far:

This may well now be moving towards its end-game. There's a board meeting this afternoon (nobody knows whether all five will be in the same room, where it will take place or whether it's a conference call). There is lots and lots to tell, but for now my priority is not to say anything that may jeopardise any deal. Two things, though. 1) I've spent the last 24 hours trying to re-establish from those who know him, and his team, what sort of an owner Ken Huang would be. Again, the people I trust most have re-iterated that nobody who does business on an international scale is a perfect fit for Liverpool F.C. We're talking Money Men, here. But they're convinced that Huang is a decent man, understands what's special about LFC, reveres our legend as much as our potential and is as good as it's ever going to get in modern football terms. He's in a hurry, because he wants a big season for Liverpool. He wants to give the manager funds to spend now. 2) Nobody should be in any doubt as to the critical role Martin Broughton has in this process. His reputation is at stake, and he is under the closest possible scrutiny. That was part of the rationale in letting this story go wide yesterday. This is now out in the open where everyone can see what's happening. This club and its worldwide support has a million eyes, and nothing can be done under the table. It is now up to him, as much as anybody, to do the right thing.

For now, I'd best shut up. I want this to happen.

It's lovely to think that the days of rumours to do with players like Derek Riordan could be gone soon ^__^

boy-and-dog-praying.jpg

Zeb, I actually did just Lol :D
Picked the wrong time for this to happen, in the summer when I'm off school D: More time to ponder, and think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back