The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
What have Arsenal done to yer to come off the last decade of Wenger's ***** to then deserve that?

I mean the football would at least be entertaining but the club would be moving on no better course than it is now.
Why is he even in contention lmao. The british LVG is coming back to bring he's so called exciting brand of footballed: passing for the sake of passing.

On Rodgers as impressive as they were last season teams in Scotland have definitely found a way to play against his style and a lot more of his results now seem to more be as a result of having better players more than anything else whereas last season no one could touch them. They've struggled against a number of teams and even lost a game 4-0, they still are by far the best team though and play some decent football but if I was making a call it wouldn't be enough to impress me into trying to get him.

On Rodgers as impressive as they were last season teams in Scotland have definitely found a way to play against his style and a lot more of his results now seem to more be as a result of having better players more than anything else whereas last season no one could touch them. They've struggled against a number of teams and even lost a game 4-0, they still are by far the best team though and play some decent football but if I was making a call it wouldn't be enough to impress me into trying to get him.
Its the british media desperate to push him and others into the spotlight. The only british manager under contention should be Sean Dyche as he has worked wonders at Burnley. Eddie Howe is one of the most overrated managers out there, who is very similair to Brodge in passing for the sake of passing plus people forget Bournmouth have backed him heavily and he's got nowt to show for it.

Its the british media desperate to push him and others into the spotlight. The only british manager under contention should be Sean Dyche as he has worked wonders at Burnley. .....

Dyche wouldn't last half a season at a big club where he'd have to play football and attack mate.

He's at his level. Credit to him for a wonderful season but for Burnley to go SO many months without winning a game of football and STILL not move from 7th recently says it all about how ***** this league is in any quality outside of a handful of clubs.

Dyche wouldn't last half a season at a big club where he'd have to play football and attack mate.

He's at his level. Credit to him for a wonderful season but for Burnley to go SO many months without winning a game of football and STILL not move from 7th recently says it all about how ***** this league is in any quality outside of a handful of clubs.
They have had a horrific injury list and still been competitive. Think you're being a bit too harsh on Dyche mate, he has had too constantly sell hes best players and still managed to get his team above the relegation fodder plus it would be nice to see how he would do at a club with a much higher budget.

Its the british media desperate to push him and others into the spotlight. The only british manager under contention should be Sean Dyche as he has worked wonders at Burnley. Eddie Howe is one of the most overrated managers out there, who is very similair to Brodge in passing for the sake of passing plus people forget Bournmouth have backed him heavily and he's got nowt to show for it.

Think your being harsh on Howe personally, saved Bournemouth from relegation back in the football league, then get them promoted numerous times to get them to the PL.

Bournemouth have never looked under threat since being in PL really and play a good brand of football. Yes they have spent money, but a lot of small clubs spend more than you would expect these days.

11th in League, with a team like Bournemouth, in PL is still a good season. They are one of the smallest teams in the league when it comes to infrastructure, a lot of bigger teams in that regard who are below them.

Think your being harsh on Howe personally, saved Bournemouth from relegation back in the football league, then get them promoted numerous times to get them to the PL.

Bournemouth have never looked under threat since being in PL really and play a good brand of football. Yes they have spent money, but a lot of small clubs spend more than you would expect these days.

11th in League, with a team like Bournemouth, in PL is still a good season. They are one of the smallest teams in the league when it comes to infrastructure, a lot of bigger teams in that regard who are below them.

He's style of football is just the media putting a spin on it, it isn't that good to watch. He is very much passing for the sake of passing and he has spent quite a sum of money and most of the signings have been rubbish to be fair. Got a looong way to go for me.

Surprised Dyche is not the Everton manager. Who refused who and for what reasons? Cannot see him at Arsenal. I see a certain Argentinian currently managing in Spain as the next Arsenal manager.

Exactly.

Dyche. Pulis. Warnock. Hippo Head at Everton. Pardew. Hodgson et all. They're all cut from the same cloth. They know one way of playing. And one way only. (Or NO way in Pardew's continued blagging existence in management.). Put them at a bigger club, where they have to both spend on quality and not battling yard dogs, and open up and play attacking, expansive football in the main and be tactically savvy to change depending on which part the league they're playing; and they're totally F-ed by their limitations. As has been evidenced in glorious technicolour managing bigger clubs like Allardyce falling flat on his **** the two biggest of his career, Everton and Newcastle. Hodgson the single worst L'pool manager ever. And a complete joke managing the National side. Pardew at Newcastle. The list goes on and on with that 'type' of limited coach. They are who they are and get the jobs they get at small, struggling clubs with limited ambition above mid-table survival for a reason.

Howe has shown good tactical nounce, whilst playing some super footie, to suggest of any English manager, he's the one that has a shot at least of surviving at a big club. And he's bought quality at the top end of the bracket he's shopping. He's built the model for a successful, sustainable modern day football club the superb work he's done down at Bournemouth. Doing it the right way that's entertaining to watch.

I love how Wenger is getting the "Lady Di" treatment by the media and fans.

5 minutes ago everybody hates the guy, he retires and suddenly he swarms with praise and there's stories coming out how he stayed with Arsenal out of deep love for the club, as if getting paid $15 mllion a year had nothing to do with it.

Speaking of new manager, my money would be on some young hipster who's likely to actually stay around for a while.

Speaking of new manager, my money would be on some young hipster who's likely to actually stay around for a while.

One amazing long term prospect would be Nagelsmann. Bayern also made bold move for not that known coach.

Ozil missing the game through illness, is it just me or is he ill at least once every month or two. Feel like he misses games due to illness more than anyone else by a decent margin

One amazing long term prospect would be Nagelsmann. Bayern also made bold move for not that known coach.

Having seen his side up close twice this year, his tactics were terrible the qualifier.

It was bad enough playing such a high line with both FB's staring in our half with the rapid pace we have in behind the fist game at home and get punished for it. To then do the exact same and get wallopped the second game was criminal. And I presume he blundered on the same way regardless as they finished rock bottom of a pretty poor Europa League group.

Wouldn't strike me as anywhere near experienced enough or ready for a major job. Still real surprised Munich had any interest in a 30-year-old, 2 and a half season manager.

Having seen his side up close twice this year, his tactics were terrible the qualifier.

It was bad enough playing such a high line with both FB's staring in our half with the rapid pace we have in behind the fist game at home and get punished for it. To then do the exact same and get wallopped the second game was criminal. And I presume he blundered on the same way regardless as they finished rock bottom of a pretty poor Europa League group.

Wouldn't strike me as anywhere near experienced enough or ready for a major job. Still real surprised Munich had any interest in a 30-year-old, 2 and a half season manager.

And Bayern went for Niko Kovac...

So by your logic, let them still take Pulis, Big Sam, Pardew or wathever coaches keep rotating and keeping PL teams/tactics in stagnation. Or just take some big manager who would be for few seasons and leave. Everybody else is bad and unproven.

I get the point that Arsenal is Huge club and needs experiences. But risks need to be taken, coaches needs to grow from somewhere and the best come out of nowhere.

Imagine the scenes in summer if Poch would join Arsenal :D

Will not happen, right now as we stand it's a step down anyway.

I genuinely want to see all arsenal fans misery again if it's Rodgers! :P

If it's true that the Arsenal board want to keep things tight this summer with transfer budget and fail to qualify for CL. I think they are going to have to take a punt on someone, it's really hard to see the likes of Allegri, Sarri, Ancelotti or whoever else interested if those circumstances occur.

Last edited:
Arsenal's chief executive Ivan Gazidis - the man who will ultimately recommend a new head coach to owner Stan Kroenke - believes Mikel Arteta could be the man to replace Arsene Wenger, Sky Sports News understands.

-----

What the **** is Gazidis smoking!

Will not happen, right now as we stand it's a step down anyway.

I genuinely want to see all arsenal fans misery again if it's Rodgers! :P

If it's true that the Arsenal board want to keep things tight this summer with transfer budget and fail to qualify for CL. I think they are going to have to take a punt on someone, it's really hard to see the likes of Allegri, Sarri, Ancelotti or whoever else interested if those circumstances occur.

Still dont understand the beef with Rodgers. Maybe some fan jokes etc, but no way he is bad managers. Just seems grudges hold against him and hold that he is not worthy anything.

Next Arsenal Manager: The Case For Brendan Rodgers (Serious)

Back