The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
You guys do realize they aren't just hiring an ex player for the sake of it. Arteta is incredibly thought of by the Manchester City team, particularly Pep, and is a huge factor behind their centurion achievement.

I'll admit there is huge risk attached, but it's an exciting appointment, imo, and one that any Arsenal fans who done their homework should be welcoming. Someone with 2018 tactics. At least the club are sticking true to their club heritage and not going for an Allegri/Simeone type manager.

Genuinely wish him the best of luck!

That's been almost as mad as the ridiculous Buvac link. The amount of Arsenal fans/ ex-players wanting either of those.

You have a club, at every level, steeped in one way of playing for over 2 decades. And you want to bring in the very antipathy of that and think it wouldn't lead to yet more carnage and down seasons whilst everyone's mindset was slowly changed?

Like players in transfer windows, people just see a 'name' and want him regardless of whether he's an actual fit.

Yeah Allegri and Simeone would be bizarre. But maybe that’s what needed a change. But Arteta definitely getting praise for his coaching. Still a risk.

Lewin was there longer than Wenger. Holy ****.

Well, it pretty much says that the new gaffer is bringing in his own staff. They've said they're completely restructuring the backroom, and Burgess knows his stuff. As much as I'd love to see Arteta be given a chance I don't think they will risk it. I'm just hoping they listened to Wenger and uphold the values of the club. Give the new manager a chance and don't over react like the vast majority of clubs do these days when they are 10th position after 3 games into a new season.

You guys do realize they aren't just hiring an ex player for the sake of it. Arteta is incredibly thought of by the Manchester City team, particularly Pep, and is a huge factor behind their centurion achievement.

It's great that he is well respected within the man city structure but at arsenal he won't have pep's backing. I just worry that some ego's within the team might not give him the necessary chance to prove his worth. Would Arteta command that respect by himself?

Who ever get's the job I will support and back, I just worry that this is a bigger job then people think and it will need a strong character to get us challenging again.

It's great that he is well respected within the man city structure but at arsenal he won't have pep's backing. I just worry that some ego's within the team might not give him the necessary chance to prove his worth. Would Arteta command that respect by himself?

Who ever get's the job I will support and back, I just worry that this is a bigger job then people think and it will need a strong character to get us challenging again.
And that signing would be very uninspiring. 30 before next season starts and hasn’t been great this season.

Gutted not to see Lacazette in World Cup. Tottaly worth the call. And no Laporte also...

Gutted not to see Lacazette in World Cup. Tottaly worth the call. And no Laporte also...

Tbh good for Arsenal. Just Ospina, Xhaka, Elneny, Ozil, Iwobi and Welbeck going so most of the squad will have proper pre-season.

He's not better than Griezmann/Mbappe. Not a target man (Giroud) which is what Deschamps wants. Was unlikely to get the call.

If Arsenal only has that budget. There only gonna fall further behind. And Arsenal fam TV will be great again next season :)

David Ornstein
@bbcsport_david

Arsenal close to appointing boss, next week likely. Start of continental model: head coach slots into predefined structure, will contribute to recruitment decisions & have veto. Transfer targets were discussed with interviewees, pre-sales budget ~£50m #AFC https://bbc.i

Better option than Dembele or Thauvin

winger and support forward, and not better. Dembele is a generational talent. He's keeping Martial & Coman out of the squad, and can be no complaints because he's just that talented.

winger and support forward, and not better. Dembele is a generational talent. He's keeping Martial & Coman out of the squad, and can be no complaints because he's just that talented.

Where the F are these mad rumours coming from that Barcelona want to off-load him 1 season in?

Aside from a good chunk of whatever they got going straight to Dortmund to pay off what they still owe, why would anyone think they'd bin such a talent after a season?

Where the F are these mad rumours coming from that Barcelona want to off-load him 1 season in?

Aside from a good chunk of whatever they got going straight to Dortmund to pay off what they still owe, why would anyone think they'd bin such a talent after a season?
Few reports he’s not really settled. Had a few injuries and less game time once Griezmann signs.

Wow, 50 million? You gonna give Arteta or Henry that? I'm guessing the players we have fit "their" systems (aka Arsenal system) so no need to loosen purse strings?

Sounds like a way that companies minimize risk when bringing in new management....

Back