The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I think Arsenal actually played pretty well, created lots of chances - even a couple before Atleti went a man down - but were really just thwarted by Oblak. Certainly the most fluent I've seen them in a while

Delighted to have extended my contract with @arsenal. Really looking forward to the exciting years ahead. Thank you for all the support from everyone! #COYG

Hope this holds from Atletico.

Nottin' personal toward arsenal, but it'd make sorting the Super Cup in Tallinn that much easier.

Think Arteta will get the Arsenal job.

I do wonder how many of the arsenal players would actually respect and listen to his ideas. It would be an incredibly brave choice to pick him and i would be amazed if it turned out to be a successful choice.

Arsenal head of medical services Colin Lewin has lost his job after 23 years at the club. Shock decision delivered this morning and understood to have left many #AFC players + staff stunned and upset. Lewin leaves as part of a medical department restructure that could see more go

You guys do realize they aren't just hiring an ex player for the sake of it. Arteta is incredibly thought of by the Manchester City team, particularly Pep, and is a huge factor behind their centurion achievement.

I'll admit there is huge risk attached, but it's an exciting appointment, imo, and one that any Arsenal fans who done their homework should be welcoming. Someone with 2018 tactics. At least the club are sticking true to their club heritage and not going for an Allegri/Simeone type manager.

Genuinely wish him the best of luck!

Also what most of the people seem to miss is that our whole structure is changing and there will be less weight on Manager or as it looks like he will be the Head Coach now.

We will see how this will go, but I will be fully behind him and wish him the best of luck. Really happy about the reshuffle of backroom team as that was one of the main grievances I had with Wenger that he and his guys became complacent and I think he surrounded himself with "Yes" men that didn't question him.

Been away for a while, but had to come back for this.

Back