The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Wow, 50 million? You gonna give Arteta or Henry that? I'm guessing the players we have fit "their" systems (aka Arsenal system) so no need to loosen purse strings?

Sounds like a way that companies minimize risk when bringing in new management....
Maybe a few sales to bump up the kitty?

If Arsenal only has that budget. There only gonna fall further behind. And Arsenal fam TV will be great again next season :)

David Ornstein
@bbcsport_david

Arsenal close to appointing boss, next week likely. Start of continental model: head coach slots into predefined structure, will contribute to recruitment decisions & have veto. Transfer targets were discussed with interviewees, pre-sales budget ~£50m #AFC https://bbc.i

Or the might have learned that flaunting all the money they've saved up isn't really a good thing when negotiating with clubs and players.

Still, I will be surprised if net spends is over 70 million.

Or the might have learned that flaunting all the money they've saved up isn't really a good thing when negotiating with clubs and players.

Still, I will be surprised if net spends is over 70 million.

Agreed, I don't think we really need to spend any more on forwards. A centre back and centre mid should be the priority. It will be interesting to see what happens with wilshere and ramsey and if they sign new deals.

Agreed, I don't think we really need to spend any more on forwards. A centre back and centre mid should be the priority. It will be interesting to see what happens with wilshere and ramsey and if they sign new deals.

I think Wilshere contract is done deal. Ramsey will either sign a new contract or be sold so. Yeah I agree new CM and CB is needed, but first priority for me would be getting in a new goalkeeper.

I think Wilshere contract is done deal. Ramsey will either sign a new contract or be sold so. Yeah I agree new CM and CB is needed, but first priority for me would be getting in a new goalkeeper.

Yer I was thinking about the goalkeeper, for me it would depend on how much cash we have. I think cech/ospina could work for 1 more year if they are both happy. It would be my third purchase for me. Just think cb and cm are more vital at the moment.

Cazorla is going back to Villarreal as his contract was up this summer.

Has he been injured or what. Forgot all about him?

Yeah hasn't been able to play a game this past two seasons. Had quite routine surgery on his ankle or was it achilles, but the wound wouldn't close and had to redo the surgery almost ten times if I remember correctly. Was a risk of losing the leg actually so pretty great to hopefully see him playing again even if it's not at Arsenal.

Cazorla was never at villareal? Unless he was very young.

He was probably my favorite player, so creative and jovial and determined. Hated he was hurt but they just could never get his injury right

Cazorla was never at villareal? Unless he was very young.

He was probably my favorite player, so creative and jovial and determined. Hated he was hurt but they just could never get his injury right

He started his senior career there after they acquired him from Oviedo and then later on returned for second spell before being bought by Malaga and then Arsenal.

My favorite as well and technically the best player at the club.

It would be so Arsenal to appoint Arteta, what a ridiculous appointment if that is the choice, how anyone really tries to justify it is beyond me.

Plus there are options and good ones at that out there. I think it's unrealistic to expect the likes of Allegri because lets face it, he has something better at Juventus right now.

But why not Emery? Ancelotti? Etc etc.

It would be so Arsenal to appoint Arteta, what a ridiculous appointment if that is the choice, how anyone really tries to justify it is beyond me.

Plus there are options and good ones at that out there. I think it's unrealistic to expect the likes of Allegri because lets face it, he has something better at Juventus right now.

But why not Emery? Ancelotti? Etc etc.

Maybe it is finally time to get some new blood in? It is getting boring how lower table teams shuffle the old farts to keep them up and top guys shuffle the flashier names.

I am not suggesting Arteta is good, he is way out of his league with management for Arsenal but still would take him or Emery over Ancelotti for sure.
Just look what move Bayern did with appointing Niko Kovac for head coach. Lets be honest, if you dont watch Bundesliga u probably have no idea who he is.

David Ornstein
@bbcsport_david

BREAKING: Arsenal to appoint Unai Emery as new manager. Thorough process produced 46yo Spaniard as unanimous choice. Available after leaving #PSG (1 Lg1 title, 4 cups), previously Sevilla (3 EL wins), not fluent English. Announcement + press conference likely later this week #AFC

****, I was actually getting around to the idea of Arteta becoming the next Arsenal manager.

Back