The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
You guys do realize that Lugano already joined PSG right?

When? Didn't hear anything about that. :(

Oh now linked with Malouda? Wenger sign few experienced players doesn't mean sign washed up players. (Rumors I know and both are not washed up but close to)

More rumours spreading about a move for Malouda. I don't see Benayoun and Malouda as problems solved, but I am in favor of players that are proven and actually play at the Prem level.

Also, first post on the Arsenal thread. Pleasure to meet my fellow Gooners officially.
While I'm not really in favour of either of them. I'd rather Malouda if we did get one though.

If we end up getting Cahill/Samba, M'Vila and another midfielder then it'll actually have been a really good transfer window for us. Wenger just really needs to get deals done on good players. Apparently he is off to France today, fingers crossed it's to hammer out a deal with Rennes for M'Vila.

I had nowhere else to post this sorry (No Man City thread) but I found it intriguing comments to say the least...

Samir Nasri: ''Today, I feel like I'm in a team that can win titles.''

"My décision was made in June. I wanted to leave after our difficult end of season. Arsene wanted me to stay."

"I'm glad Arsenal got a good sum. I prefer to leave like that than at end of my contract. I did the same with Marseille.''

"It was time for me to leave Arsenal. There were signs that helped mydecision. Cesc's departure. Our end of season. Defeat in League Cup final. City are on their way up.''

"What counts is having a team, great players & a solid squad to win titles. Arsenal are obliged to sell best players and bet on Arsene's youth policy."

''I could have joined Manchester United but I wanted to write history rather than participate in it. I think there's more to do with Manchester City.''

Wow.

The most interesting thing I found is the amount of times he brought up Arsenal's poor end to the season, makes you think that results do actually have an affect on the team.

Pretty controversial/damning stuff from Samir in France Football today I have to say.

"It was time for me to leave Arsenal. There were signs that helped mydecision. Cesc's departure. Our end of season. Defeat in League Cup final. City are on their way up.''
At least he includes himself in there.

What counts is having a team, great players & a solid squad to win titles. Arsenal are obliged to sell best players and bet on Arsene's youth policy."

When Good players keep leaving Arsenal like Nasri did how can Arsenal have great players and solid squad.

''I could have joined Manchester United but I wanted to write history rather than participate in it. I think there's more to do with Manchester City.''

Could have said I could have joined ManUtd, but they didn't offer me as much as City did.
When we didn't make improved bid how could he join us?

Andre Santos, Per Mertesacker and Park Chu-Young look to be the three they are signing. As well as potentially Yossi Benayoun.

When Good players keep leaving Arsenal like Nasri did how can Arsenal have great players and solid squad.

Could have said I could have joined ManUtd, but they didn't offer me as much as City did.
When we didn't make improved bid how could he join us?

This. Lets get things straight, he priced himself out any move. once we heard his demands no way were we going back in

I don't see Wenger not playing with a high defence, so no, please, Mertesacker not.
We would be exposed anyway.

Andre Santos, Per Mertesacker and Park Chu-Young look to be the three they are signing. As well as potentially Yossi Benayoun.

Lol so basically the worst lb, the worst cb, the worst st and the worst midfielder we've been linked with.

Lol so basically the worst lb, the worst cb, the worst st and the worst midfielder we've been linked with.

Santos isnt a bad deal, Mertesacker is though, Park can be a real success.

Mertesacker, really? Mertesacker?!

75 odd caps for Germany. He needs someone who is quick to play alongside him. Otherwise they are ****** playing high line.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Not at all worst LB. He is decent. In fact more than decent. There aren't quality full back available. He is very good going forward. Scored 10 goals in 50 games which is superb record for a LB. He is easily upgarde on Gibbs and Traore.

Also not the worst CB if you can use him properly. Play him alongside who is quick and can cover the ground, you will see how good he is.

75 odd caps for Germany. He needs someone who is quick to play alongside him. Otherwise they are ****** playing high line.

This is it though. he is a good defender, but there goes their high line. Unless Wenger is actually making a tactical change

Shouldn't really buy players that require that if it's possible. And right now there are options out there that could play in our high line without relying on their partner.

I don't like to be too critical of Wenger but just pull your f**king finger out, stump up an extra 5 mill and buy Cahill and not have the worry of whether he will cope with the high line.

[video=youtube;UEhlvsHF1L8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEhlvsHF1L8[/video]

He looks great going forward but a slight liability of dribbles out of defence like that.

Curtis touched on this before, made an excellent point in that he thinks Wenger is going 4-3-3 this season because of his central options. In that case the high d-line isnt as hugely required as in the 4-2-3-1 (in order to squeeze the space between the dc and mc), and Mertesackers signing makes more sense, because his weakness gets covered.

However this will put the onus on Ramsey, and the wide players to get goals, at least 15-20 each

Back