The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
If Samba signs I think can live with wasting 7million on a German tree :)

YoungGunsBlog Jamie Sanderson

Per Mertesacker has left the German training camp this morning and is London bound for his Arsenal medical.

Yeah but tbh he is very good defender. We played fairly high line with Vidic but we had Rio. Vidic is not as slow as Mertesacker but considering all their other CBs I would say he is better than all bar Verma. Worth a risk.

So why can't you play with slightly deeper line? Its not like there is a tactic and you have to buy players who only fit that tactics. Sometimes you can buy can make few modifications.

Mertesacker > Cahill bar pace.

**** all this. Like I said if possible buy Lugano if the deal to PSG is not done yet.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Wenger should tell Song to stop roaming forward and making them susceptible to counter attacks. He should play as DM like Mikel does and should anchor the midfield. Else Wenger should play him box to box and play Frimpong as pure DM. That solves the high line problem.

"Uruguay captain Diego Lugano will be unveiled as a Paris St Germain player this afternoon following his move from Fenerbahce, the French club have confirmed."

If Samba signs I think can live with wasting 7million on a German tree :)

What's wrong with Mertesacker? Last year people cried for Arsene to sign a composed, aerially dominant leader centre half. He signs Mertesacker, one of the most aerially dominating, composed defenders there is and yet people STILL complain?

What's wrong with Mertesacker? Last year people cried for Arsene to sign a composed, aerially dominant leader centre half. He signs Mertesacker, one of the most aerially dominating, composed defenders there is and yet people STILL complain?

I assume you haven't seen him run. He's like a baby seal on quicksand.

Not to forget experienced one. More than 70 caps for Germany and still a regular German international. Good enough in my book.

I assume you haven't seen him run. He's like a baby seal on quicksand.

Can just drop the D-line back, and Kos/TV5 have some pace to them. Do people expect a 6 and a half foot tank to outpace Messi as well? It's a good signing, for a good price and good age. Signifies that Wenger's letting go of some of his stubbornness in specific tactical ways and 'Arsenal' type players, which is something else I thought people would be happy about.

He's slow, can't turn, and will have a torrid time in the Premier League. Watched him numerous times last season which is what I base my opinions on rather than the number of caps or whatever **** you've found on wikipedia. Experience does not equal quality, look at Squillaci, and Bremen conceded a ridiculous number of goals last year, can't put that all on him but as their first choice cb and captain you can't clear him of all responsibility either.

I hate the 'Premier League proven' **** but I'd fancy someone like Samba or Cahill to hit the ground running over someone who's never played in the PL and is acclimatised to the very slow Bundesliga.

It's not just about pace, he's going to get beat all the time because he has the hips of an 80 year old.

Show me one area of my post I used anything from Wikipedia.

rorysmith_tel Rory Smith by DarrenArsenal1

Arsenal have had a 2nd bid for Gary Cahill rejected. "Way short" of £12m price. Full story on Tel website (and across BBC outlets...) soon.

He's slow, can't turn, and will have a torrid time in the Premier League. Watched him numerous times last season which is what I base my opinions on rather than the number of caps or whatever **** you've found on wikipedia. Experience does not equal quality, look at Squillaci, and Bremen conceded a ridiculous number of goals last year, can't put that all on him but as their first choice cb and captain you can't clear him of all responsibility either.

I hate the 'Premier League proven' **** but I'd fancy someone like Samba or Cahill to hit the ground running over someone who's never played in the PL and is acclimatised to the very slow Bundesliga.

It's not just about pace, he's going to get beat all the time because he has the hips of an 80 year old.

So's your gk unless you get players like that. Beggers can't be choosers

Andre Santos has arrived......as in literally:

andresantoslondon.jpg

Can just drop the D-line back, and Kos/TV5 have some pace to them. Do people expect a 6 and a half foot tank to outpace Messi as well? It's a good signing, for a good price and good age. Signifies that Wenger's letting go of some of his stubbornness in specific tactical ways and 'Arsenal' type players, which is something else I thought people would be happy about.

Only works if Wenger does drop the D-line, which is what some people worry about

If wenger drops the d-line its a great deal bad deal if he doesnt.

Only works if Wenger does drop the D-line, which is what some people worry about

Thing is they've left it so stupidly late the quality they need is pretty much unavailable now due to the deadline looming, or they've been bought by another club. I'm looking forward to playing Arsenal now-just so PJ can show his quality and shut up the people who slagged him off, and realise what they missed out on

I'm sure Wenger has that already planned, and if they sign Cahill or whoever else, they have great variation and adaptability in their games.

Back