The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
2ibyl4p.gif

I don't really understand signing Mertersacker over the likes of Cahill and Jagielka. The word that comes to mind when thinking about him is clumsy.

I don't really understand signing Mertersacker over the likes of Cahill and Jagielka. The word that comes to mind when thinking about him is clumsy.

Cause people don't want Jags. He's too old. Apparently. Idiots.

Hmm 29.... to old. Maybe thats where Arsenal are going wrong. 29 should be a good age for a CB.

Experience, leadership, maturity, compsure, strength, good header....perfect bill. Either him or Cahill would have been perfect for Arsenal. I rate Cahill as highly as Jagielka

Experience, leadership, maturity, compsure, strength, good header....perfect bill. Either him or Cahill would have been perfect for Arsenal. I rate Cahill as highly as Jagielka

Me too but Wenger clearly doesn't think he is as good as Mertersacker. Jagielka is a proven EPL player and an England international. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't sign him.

Me too but Wenger clearly doesn't think he is as good as Mertersacker. Jagielka is a proven EPL player and an England international. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't sign him.

Unwilling to pay a fair price. Doing the same thing with Cahill-just making stupid bids and trying to unsettle the player/turn his head.

Price

Edit: Zoomed

Unwilling to pay a fair price. Doing the same thing with Cahill-just making stupid bids and trying to unsettle the player/turn his head.

Whatever the offer was that they offered for Cahill £6m or whatever, whats the point. What is £12m to a club in the financial state that Arsenal are. Just pay the money. Simple.

Joachim Löw confirmed Mertesacker given permission to leave the Germany squad's training camp to hold transfer talks. Expects him back at the training camp tonight, having signed for 'a new club'.

Disappointed, already said what I feel about him ability wise, but he's also the cheap option, typical Arsenal. Really hoping Cahill or Samba join too.

Last edited:
The tree is all but officially confirmed. Says Canal+

It's a start, but lets keep going!!

@Arsenal
Arsenal.com
Arsenal Football Club can confirm they have agreed to sign striker Chu Young Park from AS Monaco

Reports suggesting we have agreed a fee with BWFC for Cahill.

Dont understand why he wont spend 12m for Cahill. What's 12m for a decent centre back when you look at what Ferdinant cost Utd

Back