The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Bendtner: "I will never go back to Arsenal. If I can have it my way, I will never play for them again."

I'm guessing a jubilant 'hoorah' just got cried around the world from Arsenal fans.

LOL XD

can sunderland have an option to buy the player while on loan, like 10m atleast ?

Football premier-league: Exclusive

Good read. Makes some interesting and genuine points in there.

That is a ******* atrocious article.

From the 'article' said:
“I can’t understand why, if we’ve got two billionaires on the board, they couldn’t just put in some money, buy three players in preparation so we’re not scrambling around at the last minute. I’m really disappointed.

Too many things wrong there to list.

“I’m not wishing them any bad at all and I’m hoping they have a great, successful time at Arsenal but if you look at Santos for instance, we know very little about him, he is a Brazilian, evidently he’s just come to the fore in the last three years.

No, what you mean is YOU don't know anything about him because you know **** all about footballers outside Britain. 'Evidently he's just come to the fore in the last three years' is about as flawed a statement as you can make. For starters, he won trophies in Brazil and was well-regarded about five years ago. Secondly, coming to the fore in the last three years is hardly a bad thing, for ***** sake: the same can be said of the likes of Luka Modric and Luis Suarez. How long they've been about doesn't matter one jot.

“Can [Park Chu Young] jump from France to our division because the two Frenchmen who came last season, only one of them did reasonably well the other one just couldn’t cope with it at all.

What. The. ****. Seriously. How does this man even get a platform to air his views?

1. Arsenal bought two Frenchmen last year, one of which did well. The one that did well came from the French league, like Chu-Young. 2. Arsenal have a wonderful track record of Frenchmen coming in and doing well. 3. Arsene Wenger is one of the best in the business at recognising talent, and you reckon you know better than him?

“I would have bought two centre-halves for definite, I would have bought [Gary] Cahill as well as Mertesacker.

So then Arsenal would have five defenders, three of which could reasonably expect to start, and with a promising Ignasi Miquel's progress being blocked by a stupidly expensive Gary Cahill.

“We’ve bought Alex Oxlade-chamberlain in and please god the boy is going to be a wonderful player but it might be like Theo Walcott where it takes three or four years before he comes through and we can’t even find a centre-half at the moment and we’re spending £12million and eventually up to £15million.

You know you're going a bit loopy when you can't find Per Mertesacker.

“It just does not make any sense. Where is the planning going on here, we were supposed to be bring youngsters through, hardly any of them are left now. When players realise that Arsenal aren’t going to go and buy players, real big superstars, they want to move.

HERP DERP MY BRAIN HAS BEEN MELTED BY THE SHEER STUPIDITY OF THIS MAN'S VIEWS

On one hand he's saying go out and buy 'superstars', on the other he's saying Arsenal don't bring through enough youngsters. Christ alive...

Last edited:
That is a ******* atrocious article.

From the 'article' said:
“I can’t understand why, if we’ve got two billionaires on the board, they couldn’t just put in some money, buy three players in preparation so we’re not scrambling around at the last minute. I’m really disappointed.[/quote[

Too many things wrong there to list.

No, what you mean is YOU don't know anything about him because you know **** all about footballers outside Britain. 'Evidently he's just come to the fore in the last three years' is about as flawed a statement as you can make. For starters, he won trophies in Brazil and was well-regarded about five years ago. Secondly, coming to the fore in the last three years is hardly a bad thing, for ***** sake: the same can be said of the likes of Luka Modric and Luis Suarez. How long they've been about doesn't matter one jot.

What. The. ****. Seriously. How does this man even get a platform to air his views?

1. Arsenal bought two Frenchmen last year, one of which did well. The one that did well came from the French league, like Chu-Young. 2. Arsenal have a wonderful track record of Frenchmen coming in and doing well. 3. Arsene Wenger is one of the best in the business at recognising talent, and you reckon you know better than him?

So then Arsenal would have five defenders, three of which could reasonably expect to start, and with a promising Ignasi Miquel's progress being blocked by a stupidly expensive Gary Cahill.

You know you're going a bit loopy when you can't find Per Mertesacker.

HERP DERP MY BRAIN HAS BEEN MELTED BY THE SHEER STUPIDITY OF THIS MAN'S VIEWS

On one hand he's saying go out and buy 'superstars', on the other he's saying Arsenal don't bring through enough youngsters. Christ alive...

I agree some of his statements are plain stupid, like the one's you pointed out, but he does make some comments I do agree with e.g.
“If it doesn’t work out in the first few months this year you can bet your boots [Robin] Van Persie will be the next one who wants to move.

“I think realistically if they get in the top four that would be their best target. I can’t see them ever overtaking Manchester United with this team and I can’t see them overtaking Manchester City who just seem to be putting the jigsaw in place. Every time you open the paper they’ve just got another outstanding player."

I agree some of his statements are plain stupid, like the one's you pointed out, but he does make some comments I do agree with e.g.
“If it doesn’t work out in the first few months this year you can bet your boots [Robin] Van Persie will be the next one who wants to move.

“I think realistically if they get in the top four that would be their best target. I can’t see them ever overtaking Manchester United with this team and I can’t see them overtaking Manchester City who just seem to be putting the jigsaw in place. Every time you open the paper they’ve just got another outstanding player."

So what you mean is, the majority of the stuff he says is complete horseshit but we should overlook that for two paragraphs in which he puts forward some pretty useless opinions which aren't helpful or constructive. Wonderful.

Football premier-league: Exclusive

Good read. Makes some interesting and genuine points in there.

i see what u mean. but there is a consideration.

though frank is considered a legend (in a way) to arsenal, he hasnt played under wenger thus tell the other side of the story making him look negative, and therefore it turns like into an insult. porbly might be thinking that arsene should be fired. lol (brainless)

i never like these view, but with consideration. (but i am supportive for peps like kweon, dixon, or even Henry. they know wenger we'll)

but i purely agree with godCubed!

its cleary impossible we cant go get senidjer or even eot'o under his 300k p/w. and i cant see it happening.
and ffs, pls stop with the 'buy english' tantrum'. they dont realize it, but to me, its all maybe about racism and xenophobic-ness.

there are times we cant go all english alright. [**** the criticizers!!!].

So what you mean is, the majority of the stuff he says is complete horseshit but we should overlook that for two paragraphs in which he puts forward some pretty useless opinions which aren't helpful or constructive. Wonderful.

Nope, I just expressed my views on what parts I agree with and which ones I don't.

Nope, I just expressed my views on what parts I agree with and which ones I don't.

Well that is basically what you're saying.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, and most of the post wasn't aimed at you, but the media seems to think that just because a person is a former pro his views should be worth listening to. Most 60+ year old former pros are still stuck in the past, and treat everything like they would back then. They're usually the ones talking about the fabled English grit and how zonal marking doesn't work. Therefore, it usually gets me riled up when someone posts something by some old timer who has the majority of his views based on the ****** Alf Ramsey era.

Kind of off-topic, since it's Holland-related and not Arsenal, but Van Persie has scored four goals and assisted on one for Sneijder.

Let's hope he continuously bangs 'em in for us.

Kind of off-topic, since it's Holland-related and not Arsenal, but Van Persie has scored four goals and assisted on one for Sneijder.

Let's hope he continuously bangs 'em in for us.

But then again, that was San Marino. How many clubs in the Premier League can you say are comparable with San Marino.

ah i cant wait for Saturday !!

8 days untill real football returns :)

Good thing we didn't because Gourcouff is ******* awful.

we wont get him anyway as we have Mikel and Yossi ! and this vid makes me very excited :D

[video=youtube;o6PeuZnrvdk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6PeuZnrvdk[/video]

Arsenel have got a quality player in Mertesacker but you still need a good goalkeeper.

Back