The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
That's a terrible team.
[/CENTER]

would hardly call it 'terrible'. Gibbs is an England international standard left back when fit. Fabianski is a capable backup. Diaby,Benayoun and Koscielny are all established premier league players, whilst Chu Young has played at world cup's and the such. Really wouldn't say it's that bad, and I am very happy with the depth we have in our squad.

sorry but i had to laugh at you playing Chamakh on the wing XD

would hardly call it 'terrible'. Gibbs is an England international standard left back when fit. Fabianski is a capable backup. Diaby,Benayoun and Koscielny are all established premier league players, whilst Chu Young has played at world cup's and the such. Really wouldn't say it's that bad, and I am very happy with the depth we have in our squad.

A better squad than what you had, but there are a lot stronger second XI's out there in our league.

A better squad than what you had, but there are a lot stronger second XI's out there in our league.

Agreed but we have a 2nd team now which we have not had for a while :D

wasn't really denying that, just to dismiss it as terrible is a bit silly.

Agreed but we have a 2nd team now which we have not had for a while :D

This is, of course, assuming that everyone stays fit, and with Wilshere's medium term injury and RVP, Yossi, Rosicky and Gibbs' injury records that's hardly guaranteed.

^

3 of the 4 players you mentioned are backups though.

Yes Calum, but that still effects the quality of your second team, does it not?

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

You can add Arteta and Walcott to the list of those who occasionally harbour niggly injuries, too.

Yes Calum, but that still effects the quality of your second team, does it not?

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

You can add Arteta and Walcott to the list of those who occasionally harbour niggly injuries, too.

yeah its time we had a little luck with injurys.

yeah its time we had a little luck with injurys.

Staying fit isn't necessarily to do with luck: it's a skill like any other. Some people have it - Frank Lampard, for example - and some don't. Quite a few of Arsenal's players don't. You take the rough with the smooth.

This is, of course, assuming that everyone stays fit, and with Wilshere's medium term injury and RVP, Yossi, Rosicky and Gibbs' injury records that's hardly guaranteed.

Tbf - Wilshere's meant to be back for Swansea and it's his first injurt¡y at this level. Not exactly prone to injuries!

^

3 of the 4 players you mentioned are backups though.

Still think Gibbs will be first choice. Wenger wants to give him a chance and Santos needs time to settle anyway...

I'm curious to see how Arteta and Ramsey fit in. Hopefully they'll rotate with Wilshere so all 3 get plenty of playing time over the season. Of course Arteta's had a few injuries so he could well be first choice & Ramsey could still get chances... Will be a big pity if Ramsey's opportunities are limited too much IMO. I know that's what we (or I) always say about youngsters, but I just feel he can be a top top player with the right players around him (and given more freedom) and when given time. The leg-break set him back, but I still think he can be a massive part of the club in years to come.

Staying fit isn't necessarily to do with luck: it's a skill like any other. Some people have it - Frank Lampard, for example - and some don't. Quite a few of Arsenal's players don't. You take the rough with the smooth.

I also firmly believe our physios suck balls. That Vermaelen was kept out for a season with what was originally a week long injury is scandalous and Wenger kept saying he didn't know what was wrong with him. Can't be the pitches - they're the best kept in the league. Could just be bad luck I suppose...

Tbf - Wilshere's meant to be back for Swansea and it's his first injurt¡y at this level. Not exactly prone to injuries!

If you'll note, I carefully left him out of that category to avoid such Jossrages. ;)

I also firmly believe our physios suck balls. That Vermaelen was kept out for a season with what was originally a week long injury is scandalous and Wenger kept saying he didn't know what was wrong with him. Can't be the pitches - they're the best kept in the league. Could just be bad luck I suppose...

I reckon your physios are a bit **** too. It's hard to tell whether Arsenal just have a horrifically injury-prone squad as a whole or if your physios are doing a bad job. You'd hope it was the former, considering Arsenal's size and Arsene's care in selecting his staff.

sorry but i had to laugh at you playing Chamakh on the wing XD

or we just have to put roy or Ox man, or even arshavin to sutian that formation.

besides. it better plan B be 442

Woot Arteta and Park !!!

7.jpg

The Pics Funny. But i dont care about Nasri anymore, he wanted to leave, he got his wish and we got 25 M.

End.

Last edited:
Back