The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
The Mirror are saying Wilshere could be out for up to 3 months.

I'd heard he had just started light training again which would surely mean he is closer then 3 months. Not going to read much into it until he/Arsenal comment on it. It would be the way though, RVP in 09/10, Vermaelen in 10/11 and maybe Jack now all out for a very long time after picking up something seemingly small.

The Mirror are saying Wilshere could be out for up to 3 months.

I'd heard he had just started light training again which would surely mean he is closer then 3 months. Not going to read much into it until he/Arsenal comment on it. It would be the way though, RVP in 09/10, Vermaelen in 10/11 and maybe Jack now all out for a very long time after picking up something seemingly small.

He told Ian Wright yesterday he's in light training. Tbh - when the Mirror come up with an "exclusive" (or most media outlets to be fair) you can pretty much tell it's BS.

JackWilshere Jack Wilshere

I can confirm I will be out for around 2-3 months! I am working hard in the gym to stay fit and I am gutted but I will be back stronger!

Big loss. Guess we'll have to roll with the Ramsey - Song - Arteta midfield 3 for a while.

I'm really unsure about Ramsey in Wilshere's role, does anyone know when we get Diaby back?

I'm really unsure about Ramsey in Wilshere's role, does anyone know when we get Diaby back?

Wenger said end of August, beginning of September. He should be fit in a while. The sooner we have him back, the better.

Meh, I haven't actually looked at the stats but I don't get the impression that Arteta has the legs or the defensive ability to pull it off, all I hope is Benayoun can slot in there.

I'd play Arteta more in the Wilshere role with Ramsey little further up the field.

I wouldn't. Ramsey's creativity ability isn't there yet. He retains the ball by passing it backwards or sidewards but rarely forwards.

Disagree about Ramsey, Sulsey. I've said before that I don't think his form is anything to do with his ability or his injury, more that he's not been played with the right players in the right role. He's been far more restricted this season because he's had to play with Rosicky and Nasri for most of the time; meaning he has to be the one to stay back and help out Frimpong - he's too similar a player to TR7 for them to form an effective partnership/understanding and Nasri was just awful in the ´cesc role'.

Played with Diaby, Jack or someone similar - who drives from deeper in midfield rather than looking to occupy the same space as Ramsey does, I think he'll do very well. One of his best games last season I thought was at home to Villa. We lost, but he and Wilshere had a superb understanding and were pulling all the strings from midfield. 

Gutted to lose Jack for so long, though. Especially since he could have been back earlier, but tried to push himself for the Utd game and overdid it. He's a key player for us now, and with the season going as it is so far, this is a huge blow. Hopefully it's a one-off and not the first of many or we're really buggered.

About time Wenger had a good look at the club's physios IMHO.

Ramsey would be far better in Wilshere's role than Arteta, I think this midfield 3 could work well while Jack's absent.

SACK them all there awfull !

fallstreet_1298298927.jpg

Also Calum - L2SpellCheck

Ramsey would be far better in Wilshere's role than Arteta, I think this midfield 3 could work well while Jack's absent.

Inclined to agree, although Arteta has excellent passing statistics that suggest he could also do a job further back - he made 5 long passes/game last season, for example. But Ramsey - the younger, fitter option if nothing else - does like to make Fabregas 2009/10-esque runs from deep onto cut-backs etc.

I wonder if we'll stick to 4-3-3, though - I really hope not.

Last edited:
Disagree about Ramsey, Sulsey. I've said before that I don't think his form is anything to do with his ability or his injury, more that he's not been played with the right players in the right role. He's been far more restricted this season because he's had to play with Rosicky and Nasri for most of the time; meaning he has to be the one to stay back and help out Frimpong - he's too similar a player to TR7 for them to form an effective partnership/understanding and Nasri was just awful in the ´cesc role'.

Played with Diaby, Jack or someone similar - who drives from deeper in midfield rather than looking to occupy the same space as Ramsey does, I think he'll do very well. One of his best games last season I thought was at home to Villa. We lost, but he and Wilshere had a superb understanding and were pulling all the strings from midfield. 

Gutted to lose Jack for so long, though. Especially since he could have been back earlier, but tried to push himself for the Utd game and overdid it. He's a key player for us now, and with the season going as it is so far, this is a huge blow. Hopefully it's a one-off and not the first of many or we're really buggered.

About time Wenger had a good look at the club's physios IMHO.

Agreed, something is definitely wrong, with the high number of similar injuries, and recurring injuries, especially when they are just about to recover.

Back