The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I doubt Chamakh will ever be his old self again. :(

He linked up pretty good with Wilshere last season so hopefully they'll continue that this season. That's only hope though and I believe he wont be banging them in. Would be glad if he even got 5-10 goals.

But Chamakh had half a good season, before he was 'exhausted' Since January he hasn't been in the same form. He's had plenty of chances to score, but he just cant anymore. I think we'll offload Chamakh in the Summer transfer window, as well as Squillaci, and Bendtner. Hopefully, RVP stays! If he stays, then we should be able to attract better players. I hope we sign Gotze or Hazard during the summer. I think during the Winter transfer window we'll sign Yann M'Vila, although, considering his cost, it seems unlikely. Still, in Arsene we Trust!

He linked up pretty good with Wilshere last season so hopefully they'll continue that this season. That's only hope though and I believe he wont be banging them in. Would be glad if he even got 5-10 goals.

the this is we also got him for free. no not that big a problem. hope the scores like he did in his first 6 months.

But Chamakh had half a good season, before he was 'exhausted' Since January he hasn't been in the same form. He's had plenty of chances to score, but he just cant anymore. I think we'll offload Chamakh in the Summer transfer window, as well as Squillaci, and Bendtner. Hopefully, RVP stays! If he stays, then we should be able to attract better players. I hope we sign Gotze or Hazard during the summer. I think during the Winter transfer window we'll sign Yann M'Vila, although, considering his cost, it seems unlikely. Still, in Arsene we Trust!

I really hope we wont sign M'vila. We have Song who's currently in top 3 defensive mids in prem. They rejected 20m bid for him and he'd ask too much wages. Rather spend that on Arshavin / Rosicky replacement.

That's a good point. And plus, we have Frimpong - who looks very promising. I agree with you actually, we need to sign a Arshavin/Rosicky replacement. I think Arsene is rather reluctant to buy because of all the promising young talent we have. Jack Wilshere, Aaron Ramsey, Emmanuel Frimpong, Francis Coquelin , Wojech Szcezny (sp.), Carl Jenkinson (Who's better than I though originally), Joel Campbell, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott (sort of counts as a young player), Chuks Aneke, Benik Afobe, Jon Toral, Kyle Ebeciello, Hector Bellerin, Iqnasi Miquel etc etc etc. If we sign a ready made player, it would overshadow their development, and, who knows, they could have developed into a better player.

ryo is arshavin replacement atm ;). tbh, giving of arsahin for free will be weird, since he is our most expensive player bought atm. reckon he might leave. rosicly might just retire with us or something nad be a back up player.

plus we have vela who is coming back too.

That's a good point. And plus, we have Frimpong - who looks very promising. I agree with you actually, we need to sign a Arshavin/Rosicky replacement. I think Arsene is rather reluctant to buy because of all the promising young talent we have. Jack Wilshere, Aaron Ramsey, Emmanuel Frimpong, Francis Coquelin , Wojech Szcezny (sp.), Carl Jenkinson (Who's better than I though originally), Joel Campbell, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott (sort of counts as a young player), Chuks Aneke, Benik Afobe, Jon Toral, Kyle Ebeciello, Hector Bellerin, Iqnasi Miquel etc etc etc. If we sign a ready made player, it would overshadow their development, and, who knows, they could have developed into a better player.

It's not that it will overshadow their development completely. He just doesnt want to make mistakes which cost much. Easier to sign lot of younger players. If they dont make it who cares?

ryo is arshavin replacement atm ;). tbh, giving of arsahin for free will be weird, since he is our most expensive player bought atm. reckon he might leave. rosicly might just retire with us or something nad be a back up player.

plus we have vela who is coming back too.

Ryo needs to go on loan for rest of season so he get's playing time. If he stays with us he gets some time when Gervinho's away and even that is unlikely cos Chambo is before him in the line.

Next year if he does well on loan he will be good backup for Gervinho. I also just remembered Rosicky signed new contract last year and it's until summer 2013 so I think he'll stay until summer and then we'll sell him. Then on summer we sign either Götze and Hazard and we are all good.

And I expect Vela will be sold next summer.

I don't think Vela's suited to the EPL. He's a great player, but I think he'll succeed in somewhere more technical and less physical, like LIGA BBVA or Ligue 1.

I don't think Vela's suited to the EPL. He's a great player, but I think he'll succeed in somewhere more technical and less physical, like LIGA BBVA or Ligue 1.

Yea not suited to Prem, but could be good player for any other league in europe. Mainly France and Spain, but also Germany and Italy.

I think it may be worth keeping Vela though. Who knows, he would pull of a spectacular overhead kick against Barcelona in the Champions League Final and become our hero...

I think it may be worth keeping Vela though. Who knows, he would pull of a spectacular overhead kick against Barcelona in the Champions League Final and become our hero...

And rest of the season playing ****. No thanks. I'd take consistent but boring player over specatular and inconsistent one any day.

Our season so far .....

a9517_a_500.jpg

yup, patience is the key.

coyg, lets win tmr !!!

He's got a goal to games ratio below 0.15 - That's Heskey-esque.

What a match that was. Shame about the result, anybody could have won that.

Back