The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I would argue it's hardly naive at all. What is naive is blowing £40-£50 million on a player from abroad and expect immediate success in the Prem, without taking into account other factors. Like wether or not that player can adapt another country quickly, a different style of football for example. Just because a player is World Class, is it by no means certain he will adapt immediately to a totally different league of football and new formation/tactics.

I think any Arsenal fan who believes Wenger will sign Gotze or Hazard for £40 million, they are seriously delusional. It won't happen, and rightly so.

When you sign a player for that kind of money, you expect them to be the difference between a 4th place finish and winning the title. The only player I'd be confident who could make that kind of difference for Arsenal is Ronaldo, but obviously that's also out of the question.

All that hype for Arsenal to turn around the losing streak is out the window now. Flabbyanski is being his usual self. How can a defence have confidence when he's between the sticks?

All that hype for Arsenal to turn around the losing streak is out the window now. Flabbyanski is being his usual self. How can a defence have confidence when he's between the sticks?

What exactly are you blaming him for? I thought he wasn't bad considering the defence in front of him was dreadful.

What exactly are you blaming him for? I thought he wasn't bad considering the defence in front of him was dreadful.

I'm saying he's not a good keeper. Sure the defence weren't great but I wouldn't call them dreaful. The 2nd goal unless I saw it wrong was Fabianski poorly punching it away. I'm pretty sure Szczesny would have done better in these situations.

I'm saying he's not a good keeper. Sure the defence weren't great but I wouldn't call them dreaful. The 2nd goal unless I saw it wrong was Fabianski poorly punching it away. I'm pretty sure Szczesny would have done better in these situations.

You wouldn't call them dreadful? The first goal comes through a corner conceded poorly by Koscielny after Mertesacker went on a walkabout, and then it's converted after 8 Arsenal players fail to clear a ball against 4 Villa players. I don't think the Arsenal players even jumped for the ball. The second goal is hardly a mistake by Fabianski, IMO - he made a good save to deny Bent after you got caught on the break, and it was hardly a 'poor punch'. Bent's finish is a great one from an extremely tight angle, I think he should take all the credit.

You wouldn't call them dreadful? The first goal comes through a corner conceded poorly by Koscielny after Mertesacker went on a walkabout, and then it's converted after 8 Arsenal players fail to clear a ball against 4 Villa players. I don't think the Arsenal players even jumped for the ball. The second goal is hardly a mistake by Fabianski, IMO - he made a good save to deny Bent after you got caught on the break, and it was hardly a 'poor punch'. Bent's finish is a great one from an extremely tight angle, I think he should take all the credit.

The first goal was because Dunne was stronger than Coquelin in the air. I don't see how Koscielny was at fault, don't know about Mertasacker. And a lot of teams get caught on the break, arsenal more than others but still doesn't justify Arsenal defence as "dreadful". And that's what I'm trying to say. Song should have more discipline as a holding midfielder. Credit to his pass that got us a penalty though.

The first goal was because Dunne was stronger than Coquelin in the air. I don't see how Koscielny was at fault, don't know about Mertasacker.

Mertesacker and Koscielny were at fault for conceding the corner that lead to the goal. Dunne being stronger than Coquelin in the air leads to the question "Why on earth would Coquelin mark Dunne?", but IMO the biggest problem is that none of the Arsenal players even tried to get to the ball and clear it. They were outnumbering the Villa players 2:1 yet they managed to concede a goal.

Think we would be interested in Christian Ericksen? He scored a great goal today.

Ryo looks set to join Bolton on loan until the end of the season. Excellent that he will be getting experience in the EPL - all saw what going there did to Wilshere, fingers crossed it benefits Ryo just as much.

Ryo looks set to join Bolton on loan until the end of the season. Excellent that he will be getting experience in the EPL - all saw what going there did to Wilshere, fingers crossed it benefits Ryo just as much.

hope it goes well, unlike what happened to vela in WBA.

hope he also learns lots from thier wingers, eagles and petrov, too XD

Arsenal about to sign 19 year old Borussia Dortmund attacking midfielder Thomas Eisfeld subject to a medical.

He will probably go into our reserves.

Arsenal about to sign 19 year old Borussia Dortmund attacking midfielder Thomas Eisfeld subject to a medical.

He will probably go into our reserves.
I guess everyone expected a different Dortmund AM :P

Back