The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
4-4-2 would perhaps be possible as Spurs play it in the form of 4-4-1-1 with the CF dropping into midfield to provide the extra man. The way football is played now though, you need a packed midfield, and either sticking with 4-2-3-1 or dropping to a standard 4-3-3 may be an option, especially once Wilshere is back. I can see Podolski playing a lot like Villa does, which is providing breath and then bombing into the box to get on the end of moves, he seems to be good at link up play and has a brilliant shot on him, and agreed having back up for RVP is crucial as it lets us offload Chamakh, Bendtner and Park.

Just keep the same formation, with Podolski on the left, Walcott or Chamberlain on the right, Wilshere, Song and Ramsey or a new signing in the middle. Sagna and Gibbs as our backs, Vermaelen and Koscielny in the center. And our Polish hero in goal obviously.

Ryo man of the match for Bolton today, ran QPR ragid and set up the winner.

Cant wait till he is back with us, looks a brilliant player!

Does look a top player. Very very direct. You never know what he will do next :-) lookin forward to him and the ox on our wings :-D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Yea gave assist to the winning goal. Hope he continues that form and saves Bolton.

Does look a top player. Very very direct. You never know what he will do next :-) lookin forward to him and the ox on our wings :-D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I think Wenger intents to use Ox in the middle.

That too after he was being played on the right wing as opposed to his favored left wing. He does look a really good prospect although he needs to play regularly for a while before he is ready for us.

Ryo looks a very lively and skillful player indeed although he still needs some refinement in his development before he is ready for Arsenal.

Ryo looks a very lively and skillful player indeed although he still needs some refinement in his development before he is ready for Arsenal.

Yea good thing he gets games at Bolton. Might be good for him to go on loan for first part of next season as well.

Yea good thing he gets games at Bolton. Might be good for him to go on loan for first part of next season as well.

Yeah. He has had a couple of good games but he still makes mistakes. One of them was his positioning in the Chelsea match when Chelsea were taking a corner and we scored a goal due to his bad positioning.

But I might add that he looked good on the attack although his decision-making stills needs some work but he has the skill and pace, thats for sure.

We had better beat Newcastle on Monday. A win would put us just one point off Spurs and they have Man City next I think, so we have a great chance of overtaking them.

Also with Liverpool losing, we need to win this game. I hope we don't **** it up collosally. Need to keep the pressure on.

We had better beat Newcastle on Monday. A win would put us just one point off Spurs and they have Man City next I think, so we have a great chance of overtaking them.

They got Stoke, but that's never easy and after that Chelsea so now we have a really good chance of going 3rd.

Like usual when other teams drop points, Arsenal drop them too. I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with a draw.

We're going to have amazing depth in most positions next season. Kosicelny, Vermaelen, Mertesacker and if you believe the papers Vertonghen as our CB's. Santos and Gibbs at LB. Song, Coquelin and Frimpong as the holding mid. Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Rosicky, Diaby and Chamberlain as midfielders with Walcott, Gervinho, Podolski, Chamberlain and Ryo on the wings and RVP, Podolski, Campbell and Afobe up front. It's a team good enough to win something, it's up to the players to deliver.

Back