The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Hmm. If we get Verthongen, I hope we sell Mertesacker. Not sure if Ryo's will be ready. We may need to lend him out one more season. Not sure if Campbell's good enough, too. Same with Rosicky and Diaby. Diaby was good, but he's suffered some bad injuries, don't know what to expect from him. Rosicky is doing very well now, but he's getting really old and tbh I was really surprised he's doing well right now. Santos can't defend, so I hope we'll sell him too. But yeah, we've got some good players.

Hmm. If we get Verthongen, I hope we sell Mertesacker. Not sure if Ryo's will be ready. We may need to lend him out one more season. Not sure if Campbell's good enough, too. Same with Rosicky and Diaby. Diaby was good, but he's suffered some bad injuries, don't know what to expect from him. Rosicky is doing very well now, but he's getting really old and tbh I was really surprised he's doing well right now. Santos can't defend, so I hope we'll sell him too. But yeah, we've got some good players.

Haha do you seriously believe Wenger would sell Mert after one season? If anyone's leaving besides Squillaci it's going to be Djourou.

Campbell is far from ready. Probably will take 2 seasons before he's ready. Second year in Lorient for him or maybe loan to Everton because working with Moyes would be good for him and getting used in Prem.

Ryo needs game time and I think he could do with at least first part of next season in loan at Bolton. Other options also Swansea and Everton

Rosicky's going to get new contract which is good. Diaby will be offloaded most likely on loan to France just because noone will take risk signing him straightaway. He's great player if he manages to stay injury free.

Santos won't be sold. He might be **** defensively in FM, but RL he was quite good in his last games. Remember he just got here from Turkey so difference between quality of play is huge.

356909_Arsenal.jpg

I do admit, I have a soft spot for Arsenal. My dads ex work colleague had season tickets at Arsenal the first season at the Emirates and I went to a few games. One of them being the West Ham game and me being a West Ham fan was really awkward being in the Arsenal end.

I do think to myself where Arsenal would be now if they hadn't had the start to the season they did. Certainly up there with Utd & City. Podolski is a great great signing. Jan Vertonghen & maybe Gotze going in the summer. Next season could be title contenders?

Haha do you seriously believe Wenger would sell Mert after one season? If anyone's leaving besides Squillaci it's going to be Djourou.

Campbell is far from ready. Probably will take 2 seasons before he's ready. Second year in Lorient for him or maybe loan to Everton because working with Moyes would be good for him and getting used in Prem.

Ryo needs game time and I think he could do with at least first part of next season in loan at Bolton. Other options also Swansea and Everton

Rosicky's going to get new contract which is good. Diaby will be offloaded most likely on loan to France just because noone will take risk signing him straightaway. He's great player if he manages to stay injury free.

Santos won't be sold. He might be **** defensively in FM, but RL he was quite good in his last games. Remember he just got here from Turkey so difference between quality of play is huge.

Well Djourou won't be leaving, he signed a contract extension recently.

Ramsey over Arteta?
Mertesacker over Koscielny?
Santos over Gibbs?

I'd say Yes, no and no.

@Quasit, no, I don't think he'll sell Mertesacker, I just hope it. And my opinion about Santos wasn't based on any FM experience, I just thought he was **** defensively early in this season.
Rumors going around that Wenger's going for Gotze btw.

Everyone's going for Götze. That's not news :D That will be news if Götze says that he's ready to move which he hasn't said yet.

Wenger isn't going to pay 40m or so for Gotze. **** he wouldn't even pay 40M for Messi if he was offered to us lol. Unfortunately when people like Gotze and Hazard become household names all across europe, we miss out on them automatically cause the price goes up ten-fold.

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Song, Rosicky, Arteta, Walcott, van Persie, Oxlade-Chamberlain. Subs: Fabianski, Andre Santos, Ramsey, Djourou, Gervinho, Chamakh, Benayoun.

Newcastle: Krul, Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini, Santon, Ben Arfa, Tiote, Cabaye, Gutierrez, Obertan, Ba. Subs: Elliot, Guthrie, Cisse, Perch, Gosling, Shola Ameobi, Vuckic.

Very impressed by Rosicky in that half. Excellent stuff

**** Rozza's on fire! If he's that good after getting new contract I can only dream of RVP's form WHEN he signs.

Great game for Rosicky. MoM? I'd say so

Pretty pathetic attempt on goal from 10 yards out though. I'd say Walcott is playing better.. Unless RVP scores again, then he'll get it.

Back