The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Yeah huge result, absolutely massive to get this win after Newcastle. We have a reasonable run-in now, against a couple of big sides at the Emirates, too. Vermaelen and Kos were brilliant, but I don't understand why we took our feet off the gas. The pressing game was working so well, but we just.. stopped? And played an entirely defensive second half...

What a result, so glad the team didn't crack under the massive pressure, and so glad Stoke did us a favour.

Now the challenge to maintain 3rd begins. People didn't see this as possible after that nightmare start.

People still calling for Wenger's head now? I doubt it.

I think we have an excellent chance of making it into the UCL next season be it in 3rd or 4th. We just have to focus and pray that injuries don't hit. It would be wonderful to finish in 3rd and make it into the group stages directly next season.

Well, we're out of pretty much everything else. You can tell the difference from last season where we would have had CL midweek, where for this game we had about 10 days of preperation. I'd love to see a couple more players to rotate for next season so we don't get destroyed in the weekend games like we have for years against physical teams. Rotation, rotation, rotation.

Also Gervinho looks lively in a lot of games, I'm still pretty unimpressed with Walcott in any game where we need to press, and the 1st/2nd half were total contrasts with each other. We need that extra discipline to get anywhere, and to be honest, Everton were very unfortunate not to at least get a draw.

Last edited:
Well, we're out of pretty much everything else. You can tell the difference from last season where we would have had CL midweek, where for this game we had about 10 games of preperation. I'd love to see a couple more players to rotate for next season so we don't get destroyed in the weekend games like we have for years against physical teams. Rotation, rotation, rotation.

Also Gervinho looks lively in a lot of games, I'm still pretty unimpressed with Walcott in any game where we need to press, and the 1st/2nd half were total contrasts with each other. We need that extra discipline to get anywhere, and to be honest, Everton were very unfortunate not to at least get a draw.

Agree should've been a draw-and I thought we had a chance when Howard saved that potentially second goal going in, in the first half. But the way we conceded that first goal was just proper schoolboy error stuff. It was very inept and there was no help from anyone stopping it going in. What Fellaini was looking at is beyond me.

Seems many people have changed their tune about Wenger, and somehow believe they have the right to be smug now.

Heh. :)

Seems many people have changed their tune about Wenger, and somehow believe they have the right to be smug now.

Heh. :)

I presume you're speaking more generally than in FM Base? Because I don't think a single Arsenal fan on this forum wanted him out in the tough times.

I presume you're speaking more generally than in FM Base? Because I don't think a single Arsenal fan on this forum wanted him out in the tough times.

Does Calum count as a person? If he does, then there was one.

Does Calum count as a person? If he does, then there was one.

Lol I was just in a rage after the 4-0 defeat by Milan and cup defeat to Sunderland. :(

He still has to improve the team in the summer though and sell the deadwood.

Can you hear the Tottenham fan sing? Because I can't ******* hear them ;)

Anyone have any good downloadable tactics for Arsenal? I'm fairly new to the game. I'm playing a network game with my friend and he is Tottenham.

Also can anyone give me tips on how to get players for a lower transfer. I really want Gotze, Hummels, Cavani and Draxler but they want outrageous money for them.

EZE try posting this in Football Manager Discussions, this thread is about real life Arsenal.

LoL 101, I really hope this is true this time. Imo it is the same rehashed article that said he passed a medical a couple weeks ago. Not sure how reliable James Olley is as i'm from USA.

Arsene himself said in the press conference today the usual "No's", but said that the deal could happen 'soon'.

I'd be suprised to see anything official from us before the end of the season.

As for Wenger saying that Wilshere could play again this season, I'd wish we didn't. While I know he'll want to play for England at Euros as an Arsenal fan I'd rather see him not play again this season and thus shouldn't be an option for the national team or the Olympics and we get a fully rested Wilshere to start the next season. Seems silly to bring him back for one or two games.

Last edited:
Kinda agree with that, the team is working well right now, Wilshere would be a great option but this is at least giving Ramsey a great chance to work on his game, as I think he'd be the first man to drop for Wilshere in a 3-man midfield over Song and Arteta.

As for Podolski, tbh I'm believing nothing until it's confirmed. It's nice to think it's going to work out, but until Arsene himself confirms it then I'm not going to be too happy.

Lastly, the Villa game today really should be a win.. usually Bent is always a problem, but with him out injured I can't help thinking if we lose it we're throwing away points.

Back