The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Supposedly Wenger is looking at 4 players this summer. Podolski, Hazard, Gotze, and Hoillet

Estimated 77 million euros for all 4

We know wenger has stated multiple times that he's only looking to bring in world class players this summer to get us over the hump.

We don't really need Hoilett imo. Podolski's almost certain. And I think we'll go for 1 of the 2 others, certainly not both. And by saying this, I don't mean we'll succeed in getting them.

Apparently Wenger expects Podolski to sign. I just hope we can get either Gotze or Hazard.

Supposedly Wenger is looking at 4 players this summer. Podolski, Hazard, Gotze, and HoilletEstimated 77 million euros for all 4We know wenger has stated multiple times that he's only looking to bring in world class players this summer to get us over the hump.
Gotze and Hazard alone are 80m euros.

Can't see Wenger ever paying top prices for top players. As was said earlier in the thread, if Messi was available for 25m Wenger still wouldn't buy him. The young players are looking very promising right now, and while I'd like to see a top AMC at the club to help create, beyond Podolski, I don't see any of them coming -unless- RVP squeezes him to invest. The simple economics of it may appeal to Wenger, in that losing 1 world class player costs a lot more than retaining one and buying one.

Supposedly Wenger is looking at 4 players this summer. Podolski, Hazard, Gotze, and Hoillet

Estimated 77 million euros for all 4

We know wenger has stated multiple times that he's only looking to bring in world class players this summer to get us over the hump.

Sanford_Son_Laughing.gif

We would only buy one of Gotze and Hazard, but I'm not expecting either. Their prices are going to be massive and I just don't see Wenger spending around 40million on just one player - it provides far too much expectation on said player seen as they are almost 3 times our previous highest fee.

If we get Vertonghen, M'Vila and Podolski while getting rid of Almunia, Squillaci, Denilson, Arshavin and Chamakh I would be very happy.

As for Hoilett, good player but won't be coming to us. Not when we have Walcott, Gervinho, Chamberlain, Ryo and likely Podolski who can play on the wings.

Add Bendtner to the sell list. And imo we don't need Verthongen or M'vila. Vermaelen + Koscielny is awesome, and for the defensive mid spot we have Song, and Coquelin and Frimpong if he gets injured.

Apparently Song has been offered new 5 year deal worth 75k p/w.

Frimpong isn't ready to play for us yet. He's injuries have been bad for his progress and he needs loan move to get some games under his belt. Coquelin is good rotation option, but if we lose Song to injury he's not good enough to play week in week out. Also Diaby's not exactly the Mr. Reliable so thats why we need new DM. Best option in my opinion is Vertonghen.

But what if Song doesn't get injured? Just keep Verthongen on the bench? Nah, I think Coquelin would do fine if Song gets injured for a few weeks.

But what if Song doesn't get injured? Just keep Verthongen on the bench? Nah, I think Coquelin would do fine if Song gets injured for a few weeks.

Well if he doesnt get injured we just use Vertonghen in central defence which is his natural position. Main thing we need is quality players in every position so we can rotate more than we do now.

vertoghen would be a good buy. we need at least 4 cbs...we have 3 now (mertesacker is out however). 3 solid french speaking cbs would solidify our d. And why wouldnt wenger spend? He says he would for the right player and his clock is ticking. you think he is uninterested in making one last push for glory?

But Djourou signed a new contract, so then we'd have 4 CD... + the youth..
And I think we do have enough quality already, if we sign Podolski.
Szeszny as our GK, if we're lucky he wont get injured.
Sagna at RB, Jenkinson as his substitute. He did allright earlier this season. Yennaris as a third option.
Vermaelen and Koscielny as our central defenders, Djourou if one gets injured. Miquel if it gets really bad.
Gibbs or Santos at LB, the other one as substitute, if both get injured Vermaelen will have to play there again. Or Coquelin. Santos was doing OK before his injury, Gibbs is doing pretty well atm.
Song as DM, Coquelin if he gets injured. If both get injured, we might have a problem, but in that case we could try to let Arteta or Wilshere play a little deeper.
Plenty of options in central midfield: Wilshere, Arteta, Ramsey, Rosicky, AOC...
Right-wing: Walcott, AOC, Gervinho, Miyaichi (?)
left-wing: Gervinho, Miyaichi, AOC, Podolski if we get him.
Striker: van Persie, Walcott and Podolski can play there if van Persie gets injured... Let's hope that never happens. Or Park...

vertoghen would be a good buy. we need at least 4 cbs...we have 3 now (mertesacker is out however). 3 solid french speaking cbs would solidify our d. And why wouldnt wenger spend? He says he would for the right player and his clock is ticking. you think he is uninterested in making one last push for glory?

Right, I even forgot Mertesacker. Well, don't like him anyway... 3 french-speaking? Vermaelen and Verthongen both speak dutch.

Nope, Dutch is their native one. Don't even know if they speak French.

Mertesacker is out? Really? I wouldn't put him in the starting lineup that often seeing as how you have Vermelean and Koscielny forming a nice little partnership but he's better than Djourou and leaps and bounds ahead of Miquel.

dutch and french then. french is their native tounge

Belgium is split predominantly into the Dutch speaking northern side, and the French speaking southern side.

I just checked Wiki and both were both at the extreme north of the country. Whether they speak French or not, I'm unsure, but it certainly isn't their native tongue.

Back