The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I'd be suprised to see anything official from us before the end of the season.

As for Wenger saying that Wilshere could play again this season, I'd wish we didn't. While I know he'll want to play for England at Euros as an Arsenal fan I'd rather see him not play again this season and thus shouldn't be an option for the national team or the Olympics and we get a fully rested Wilshere to start the next season. Seems silly to bring him back for one or two games.

Wenger said if Wilshere doesn't make the Euros he'll go for the Olympics which apparently is worse since it'll ruin his start to our season.

Song has played that sort of a floated through ball so many times this season to perfection. Absolutely loving the display so far not to mention we should hopefully go 3 clear in third.

Love Walcott's goal so much. The ball by Song, the touch by Theo and then the finish. Walcott has been really good this half, as has the rest of the team. Still goals in this one.

Could not be a better weekend for Arsenal with all our direct opposition dropping points (esp if Liverpool lose again). Felt RVP could have picked up a goal, but having seen the team play they seem pretty controlled. Santos is still poor sadly, he's clearly a winger and would do a great job playing left wing for us as he's a liability in defence. Ramsey seems by far the poorer player at retaining possession compared to Arteta/Song/Rosicky, he needs to work on that as I can see Chamberlain taking his role in the team since he's so versatile. Absolutely need to capitalise on this to build on the gap.

Plus we need to get better at corners, 14 of them and every single one ****.

Edit: Utterly dominated the 2nd half, Djourou played a half decent game and blocked a run well, and Arteta finishes with a good goal. Brilliant to see Chamberlain's quick feet too.

Last edited:
Harsh on Santos there given his first game for 3 months and before his injury he was playing really well. And wrong on the corners, most of them were good corners just well defended by Villa.

Really good win and a brilliant FK from Arteta to cap it. 3 points ahead of Spurs and 8 ahead of Chelsea, getting into a very solid position.

Goal of the Weekend has to be Mikel Arteta's Free kick. what a Phenomenal strike :)

that makes it 7 wins now, and holding 3rd place, 3 points ahead from Spuds :P #COYG !!!!!

Last edited:
Harsh on Santos there given his first game for 3 months and before his injury he was playing really well. And wrong on the corners, most of them were good corners just well defended by Villa.

Really good win and a brilliant FK from Arteta to cap it. 3 points ahead of Spurs and 8 ahead of Chelsea, getting into a very solid position.

Yeah I'd agree with that phil. Obviously he's been playing reserve fixtures though, and I do think he's a brilliant player going forward with great technique. As for the corners, perhaps I'm being harsh, it just seems silly to have RVP take them unless it's a ploy to keep him injury free, as Arteta was pretty great at them for Everton and RVP does get a few in with his head.

just got back from the game today great win especially as rvp wasn't at his best.

if man city lose today and we beat them in two weeks time there will be and 8 point gap can we dare to dream or is that just greedy?

There could just, just be a very interesting development here in the run-up to the end of the season. City and United are looking like they're becoming too pre-occupied with out-doing each other, all Arsenal have got to do is keep their heads down. The unthinkable is still on...

Catching Utd? No chance. Catching Citeh? Very very slight one. If results start going badly they will crumble down. Might get revenge for stealing our 3rd place last season by taking 2nd.

Assuming we were to beat City we would still be 9 points behind them. That would mean we'd need them to drop 10 points (they have a huge GD advantage) in 7 games. That isn't going to happen. Third is as good as it's going to get and given our start that will be a very sweet reward.

Assuming we were to beat City we would still be 9 points behind them. That would mean we'd need them to drop 10 points (they have a huge GD advantage) in 7 games. That isn't going to happen. Third is as good as it's going to get and given our start that will be a very sweet reward.

Yeah, I don't think it's happening either. We're better off admitting Spurs have a better chance of making it back. Since we have Stoke (A), Man City, (H), Chelsea (H). tough games.

Catching City is a bit too ambitious. :P

Just a few weeks ago it seemed 4th place was the best available. Team have been on great form at the right time. Song with 10 assists in the league now - another magical pass to Walcott.

Back