The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Gotze just extended his contract until 2016, but thats not really an obstacle for Wenger, right? ;)

Ii think Igor Akinfeev is a good GK to buy, but i think he won't leave CSKA...

Sczshezny is a beast, what r u talking about? Arsenal have finally found a brilliant GK, why would they buy another one near that quality?

not sure if we really need a another GK, or unless we sell Lucas Fabianski. but we have been rumoured to get some other GK, like jack Bultland

Knew it was going to be difficult to sign Gotze, oh well would like to see us still try and sign Hazard. I wouldn't mind Podolski and Hazard and M'Vila being our only signings.

Knew it was going to be difficult to sign Gotze, oh well would like to see us still try and sign Hazard. I wouldn't mind Podolski and Hazard and M'Vila being our only signings.

Wouldn't mind?

Add Bendtner to the sell list. And imo we don't need Verthongen or M'vila. Vermaelen + Koscielny is awesome, and for the defensive mid spot we have Song, and Coquelin and Frimpong if he gets injured.
Frimpong isn't good enough for us and coming off a second cruciate injury is three years you have got to wonder how effective he would be anyway. Coquelin is too raw as well, has great potential but if Song got a long term injury we would be up **** creek.

And I was talking about getting Vertonghen to give more defensive cover, seen as he is primarally a CB/LB and not a DM.

But what if Song doesn't get injured? Just keep Verthongen on the bench? Nah, I think Coquelin would do fine if Song gets injured for a few weeks.
Rotation? A few times this season Song has looked exhausted in games which 1) increases the chance of an injury and 2) makes him less effective. Having someone like M'Vila would allow him to miss the odd game and keep him more effective. Could even play them together and let Wilshere, Arteta, etc have a free role above the two of them.

Mertesacker is out? Really? I wouldn't put him in the starting lineup that often seeing as how you have Vermelean and Koscielny forming a nice little partnership but he's better than Djourou and leaps and bounds ahead of Miquel.

his ankle, bro. and regardless of language. the two belgians speak same language fluently and want to play together

Well yeah I mean, this summer if we don't sign atleast 2 of these players then I might consider our summer transfer a waste. I mean sure he could sign others but I am just thinking of the quality of these signings.

I've been posting from my phone lately, I haven't been able to really add much detail to my posts. So yes, I meant he was out injured at the moment.

Frimpong isn't good enough for us and coming off a second cruciate injury is three years you have got to wonder how effective he would be anyway. Coquelin is too raw as well, has great potential but if Song got a long term injury we would be up **** creek.

And I was talking about getting Vertonghen to give more defensive cover, seen as he is primarally a CB/LB and not a DM.

Rotation? A few times this season Song has looked exhausted in games which 1) increases the chance of an injury and 2) makes him less effective. Having someone like M'Vila would allow him to miss the odd game and keep him more effective. Could even play them together and let Wilshere, Arteta, etc have a free role above the two of them.

Completely agree look what happened to liverpool without lucas, if arsenal lose song it will cause lot of unstability in the middle of the park as arsenal has no holding midfielder of his quality.

he would cost around 20 mil if i am not wrong you want a backup keeper for 20 mil ? Bad idea and why would one of the best keepers in the world sign as backup ?

Some of you guys really have no clue, this isn't FM. You can't have two world class keepers fighting for one spot, in real life one just finds a new club. I would say that I agree with Vertonghen being an option, as he wants to come to the club and this would allow us to have a little CB/Left Back support, as Vermaelen has played very well there earlier in the season, and also gives a backup enforcer for Song as he can play DM, though admittedly I have no idea if he's quick enough on the ball to play this role with. This perhaps lets Wilshere drop into the AMC role. Hazard or Gotze would be great, but lets be realistic, Podolski and Vertonghen I'd be happy with.

M'Villa has been talked about for a while alongside buying Fellani from Everton, and perhaps for 4-2-3-1 against tough sides it would give us the dual defensive midfielder lineup we've not had since Petit/Vieira which sured up the middle and allowed good possession. I just can't see him joining when we already have Song, Arteta, Wilshere and Ramsey, it isn't the way Wenger does transfers. Perhaps this would encourage Ramsey to really work on his game, though.

Back