The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
@redrup Yeah would you be happy to settle for that every year? By the looks of things you could. What is it coming to 8 years without a trophy, disgraceful. No wonder some fans are turning their back On AW.

I don't like trolls. So do one before you pick up an infraction.

lollol

260zgd4.jpg

Not if your opinion is an attempt to get the backs up on Arsenal fans.

It wasn't that at all it was my honest opinion and if you ask any Arsenal fan they think Trophy drought for 8 years is poor and I was basically adding on that saying its time up for AW as I said my opinion.

It wasn't that at all it was my honest opinion and if you ask any Arsenal fan they think Trophy drought for 8 years is poor and I was basically adding on that saying its time up for AW as I said my opinion.

8 Year drought is sort of poor but it's not like Arsenal haven't been competitive. It's pretty clear that Wenger is getting the best out of the group of players he's got and I'm not sure any other manager could do better. The longer the drought, the sweeter winning one will actually be!

8 Year drought is sort of poor but it's not like Arsenal haven't been competitive. It's pretty clear that Wenger is getting the best out of the group of players he's got and I'm not sure any other manager could do better. The longer the drought, the sweeter winning one will actually be!

Ye, wouldn't say you have been competitive if I'm honest, where did you get in to FA/Carling and CL, you haven't challenged for title this year either, another failed season trophy wise but current form is great I have to say but its too little too late.

Ye, wouldn't say you have been competitive if I'm honest, where did you get in to FA/Carling and CL, you haven't challenged for title this year either, another failed season trophy wise but current form is great I have to say but its too little too late.

You would think the Fulham in his name would give away who he supports...

They have been competitive, top 3 is certainly competitive.

They have been competitive, top 3 is certainly competitive.
Competitive for the any trophy or the title no but if the Arsenal fans are happy with top 3 every season, fine with me not my idea of something to be happy over.

Competitive for the any trophy or the title no but if the Arsenal fans are happy with top 3 every season, fine with me not my idea of something to be happy over.

If I had the choice of being outside the top 4 and winning the odd CC or FA cup, or being consistently in the top 3, I'd much rather be playing amongst Europe's elite. Constantly being in the top 3 can be quantified as success relative to 17 other PL teams.

Well if I was Arsenal I'd be happy. Financially secure for the future, playing well after a blip, have long-term stability management wise, great youth players coming through, better chance of CL football compared to Chelsea. Least they can keep their manager if they finish 2nd and win silverware in the previous season and don't have a chairman who breaks promises and can't stay with the same gaffer long term

Well if I was Arsenal I'd be happy. Financially secure for the future, playing well after a blip, have long-term stability management wise, great youth players coming through, better chance of CL football compared to Chelsea

Yes but they are not delivering trophy wise, the aim of Football is to get success and win trophy's. Meanwhile Chelsea are in contention of winning a possible double(unlikely) and we could go crashing out of 2 of them in two weeks.

Yes but they are not delivering trophy wise, the aim of Football is to get success and win trophy's. Meanwhile Chelsea are in contention of winning a possible double(unlikely) and we could go crashing out of 2 of them in two weeks.

Another aim is stability. Somewhere Chelsea need to improve greatly to achieve anything tbh

But, you're not an Arsenal fan. Besides, Chelsea have bigger issues of their own. Top 3 and regularly playing the elite is a dream for some, and Arsenal hope to build on that.

And yet you may well finish outside the top, and find it hard to push on for better players. so if you win nothing, which is fairly likely, you are in a far worse position than Arsenal. Where is the sense in that? Football isnt all about winning, that is a highly simplistic view.

I will admit Chelsea have issues of their own, top 4 is obviously an if now but if we win the CL its automatic, FA Cup would be good achievement too. Top 4 and FA Cup win would avoid a 'failed season'. Pull it off Chelsea.

I will admit Chelsea have issues of their own, top 4 is obviously an if now but if we win the CL its automatic, FA Cup would be good achievement too. Top 4 and FA Cup win would avoid a 'failed season'. Pull it off Chelsea.

That is why top 3 is so important, if you fail at everything else, it gives you a platform to try again next year.

Back