The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
As I was saying under JM Chelsea WERE unstoppable and you cannot disagree with that whatever you say, the current squad now is basically JM's squad, he got the best out of them which no-one else can do. In the summer if Chelsea have a big clear-out and reshape the squad from top to bottom again, we will become great again with the right manager.

When you watched Chelsea under JM they was a joy to watch, now when I watch them there is no creativity, Mata is the only one out there with creativity and I will admit this watching Chelsea at times is dull and painful. Nothing like it was under JM

2 years, in which you didnt in the CL, then United got the better of Jose and Chelsea, then went on to win 3 in a row, and a CL. You forget the 3rd year under jose was not a big success, and you were not unstoppable then either.

Chelsea need stability , if Roman keeps sacking managers year in year out then they will go nowhere. One of the reasons i think Arsenal are such a fantastic team is because of their faith in the same manager for years. Even when fans were calling for his head , he turned it around and solidified Champions League for another season with a less than impressive squad. Next season we will come back as a powerful force and really challenge for the title, just need a bit of depth.

2 years, in which you didnt in the CL, then United got the better of Jose and Chelsea, then went on to win 3 in a row, and a CL. You forget the 3rd year under jose was not a big success, and you were not unstoppable then either.
two years which we won back-to-back titles, that says it all.

Chelsea need stability , if Roman keeps sacking managers year in year out then they will go nowhere. One of the reasons i think Arsenal are such a fantastic team is because of their faith in the same manager for years. Even when fans were calling for his head , he turned it around and solidified Champions League for another season with a less than impressive squad. Next season we will come back as a powerful force and really challenge for the title, just need a bit of depth.

Yes, fans say this every year, 8 years and counting now how long will it go? Yes I know RA needs to have faith but he is no patient man and wants that all important trophy, JM should have never gone but there's no going back. Need to look into the future which isn't bright as we might not even have CL footy but as I said top 4 and FA Cup then its no failed season. Come on Di Matteo you legend!

Ye I agree there but we deserved to win v Barcelona, we would have won it then, Chelsea was added to the list of teams robbed by Barcelona and the referee once again.

How exactly do you know you would have won? Arsenal came within 10mins of beating Barca in the actual final, by your logic, they were the best team in Europe.

Just because a team wins two titles doesn't make them unstoppable,

It makes them good though, we was unstoppable for around two seasons until managers worked out JM after two years. In them two years JM was one step ahead of everyone.

How exactly do you know you would have won? Arsenal came within 10mins of beating Barca in the actual final, by your logic, they were the best team in Europe.

Ye but was you robbed? Barca won fair and square v you and yes Arsenal was a top, top team then but didn't win any trophy's.

This is the Arsenal thread right? Awful lot of talk about Chelsea in here.

Oh, winning back to back titles, whilst playing boring, mediocre football does not make you 'unstoppable' - That would be the Arsenal team who went 46 games unbeaten or whatever it was whilst playing great football.

Also, last point, Chelsea need to go through a reshape like there's no tomorrow, it'll be a few years before you're sorted out, and let's be honest, which manager which actually get a few years with Roman there?

Ye but was you robbed? Barca won fair and square v you and yes Arsenal was a top, top team then but didn't win any trophy's.

So because you "deserved" to beat us, and Barca "deserved" to beat us, that means you would certainly have beaten us in the final? Get real.

Wigan beat United. United beat Chelsea. I therefore say that Wigan will 100% beat Chelsea. Your logic is amazing.

United are close to winning back to back titles. I support them, and would call them far from unstoppable right now.

Ok lets look at the League table of the 04/05 season.
[TABLE="class: toccolours, width: 1"]
[TR="bgcolor: #ACE1AF"]
[TD]Chelsea[/TD]
[TD]38[/TD]
[TD]29[/TD]
[TD]8[/TD]
[TD]1[/TD]
[TD]72[/TD]
[TD]15[/TD]
[TD]+57[/TD]
[TD]95[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

That says it all, one lost, 8 draws and 15 goals against. Have United got that this or last season? no. We were more and less unstoppable

two years which we won back-to-back titles, that says it all.

Great, united won 3 in a row. A hat trick and a CL is better than back to back.

None of that is relevant to now. Done with this, still haven't heard anything that credibly backs Chelsea for the CL and PL in three years, based on where they are now.

So because you "deserved" to beat us, and Barca "deserved" to beat us, that means you would certainly have beaten us in the final? Get real.

Wigan beat United. United beat Chelsea. I therefore say that Wigan will 100% beat Chelsea. Your logic is amazing.

United beat Chelsea with the assist of their new signing, Howard Webb. Great addition to your team.

This is getting tiresome and well off the Arsenal track.

This is the Arsenal thread right? Awful lot of talk about Chelsea in here.

Oh, winning back to back titles, whilst playing boring, mediocre football does not make you 'unstoppable' - That would be the Arsenal team who went 46 games unbeaten or whatever it was whilst playing great football.

Also, last point, Chelsea need to go through a reshape like there's no tomorrow, it'll be a few years before you're sorted out, and let's be honest, which manager which actually get a few years with Roman there?

Yeah its got a bit out of hand here. The football Chelsea played was boring but effective who blames them? Its the winning that counts, who cares about the style of play, picky football fans.

Yeah its got a bit out of hand here. The football Chelsea played was boring but effective who blames them? Its the winning that counts, who cares about the style of play, picky football fans.

Probably the majority of the world other than England? Very English opinion of you.

Because football is fundamentally a form of entertainment. Arsenal were actually unstoppable, doing so with attractive football.

Arsenal are in a far stronger position in terms of finances, youth, infrastructure, current squad, current position, stability and style of football. I'd take Arsenal's current position over Chelsea's any day.

If anyone mentions Chelsea in this thread in the next 24 hours (after this post, incase you fancy being a smart ****.. *CTPauley*) is getting a day ban (at minimum).

Comparing Chelsea and Arsenal is a bit like drinking a cheap young wine and having a **** and comparing it with a **** you had after drinking champagne. One might have been more expensive to start with, but both ended up the same. ****.

Last edited:
Back