The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Next season could be a very interesting one.

Our much talked about defence seems to be starting to really come together. The Vermaelen-Koscielny partnership has pretty much everything, and is only rivalled by Vidic/Rio at United and Kompany/Lescott at City. Gibbs, when fit, has proved to be a very capable replacement to Gael Clichy, and I actually think he's more solid in defence, with a slightly better end product. Bacary Sagna continues to amaze with his consistency.

In midfield - the resurgence of Tomas Rosicky has pretty much sparked a revival in our change of fortunes, and I'm hoping that AA23 can come back and do the same next season. Arteta and Song in midfield have struck a great partnership, and it will be interesting to see where Jack Wilshere will fit in.

I don't think I need to say much on RVP - other than he's amazing.

Who should we sign? I would like Younes Belhanda personally - or even Shinji Kagawa (I don't think we could afford Eden Hazard)
and then Lukas Podolski.

But other than the signings I just mentioned - the best signing we could make is signing Van Persie on a new contract.

Last edited:

Our much talked about defence seems to be starting to really come together. The Vermaelen-Koscielny partnership has pretty much everything, and is only rivalled by Vidic/Rio at United.

Agger/Skrtel.
Kompany/Lescott.

Both just as good. Would say Kompany and Lescott are better.

Agger/Skrtel.
Kompany/Lescott.

forgot about Lescott Kompany - but I would rate TV/LK over Liverpool's.

You would rather watch fancy football with no end product or success?

I would. Good football doesn't mean no end product unless you regard end product as winning trophies. If Fulham were managed by Pulis or McLeish i would not go. Winning doesn't mean that much to me because if it did, how would be able to support Fulham. I know we don't have much chance of winning trophies (although we came close a few years ago) but I do want to be entertained so if we appointed someone likes McLeish, Kean or Pulis, I probably wouldn't go.

Agger/Skrtel.
Kompany/Lescott.

My Agger/Skrtel sense was tingling! They're both baus, and in my completely biased view, are better than Verm and Koscielney.
Neither are not as good as Kompany, but probably better than Lescott imo.

Does have the possability to be one of the best around, signs in recent months is they are getting an understanding together.

Why not?

Terry is a beast of a player. Heart on Sleeve. ****** good in the air. Made more off the line clearances than I can count. Dominant no-nonsense defender. Excellent concentration

Luiz gifted with immense technical ability. Quick and Enteprising. Energetic. Eye for Interceptions. Has cut down on his mistakes after we reverted back to a deep line.

Why not?

Terry is a beast of a player. Heart on Sleeve. ****** good in the air. Made more off the line clearances than I can count. Dominant no-nonsense defender. Excellent concentration

Luiz gifted with immense technical ability. Quick and Enteprising. Energetic. Eye for Interceptions. Has cut down on his mistakes after we reverted back to a deep line.

Im agreeing with you lol.

Some guy who RVP follows says that he is a Arsenal season ticket holder and owns a box at the Emirates, RVP isn't stupid enough to post anything like that if he was City related anyway.

Squid Boy ‏ @TheSquidBoyLike

Mystery dude is the father-in-law of the Famlan guy who was mentioned in RvP's tweet. And judging by his TL, Famlan's a Gooner & RvP's pal.

Squid Boy ‏ @TheSquidBoyLike
Robin follows this Famlan person, just so you know. So the dude must be a family friend. I think we're okay, folks. You can breathe again.

Sasperellla@SasperEllla@7amkickoff He's an Arsenal supporter and owns a box at the Emirates ..Not Man city at all..I know him well

Famlan himself (who RvP clearly knows personally, and seems to be an Arsenal fan judging by his tweets) says to someone called 'Sasperella' (who happened to be tweeted by RvP and doesn't seem remotely suspicious) that "the old guy in the middle" is his father-in-law.

No way is RvP that stupid.

Our much talked about defence seems to be starting to really come together. The Vermaelen-Koscielny partnership has pretty much everything, and is only rivalled by Vidic/Rio at United and Kompany/Lescott at City. Gibbs, when fit, has proved to be a very capable replacement to Gael Clichy, and I actually think he's more solid in defence, with a slightly better end product. Bacary Sagna continues to amaze with his consistency.

In midfield - the resurgence of Tomas Rosicky has pretty much sparked a revival in our change of fortunes, and I'm hoping that AA23 can come back and do the same next season. Arteta and Song in midfield have struck a great partnership, and it will be interesting to see where Jack Wilshere will fit in.

I don't think I need to say much on RVP - other than he's amazing.

Who should we sign? I would like Younes Belhanda personally - or even Shinji Kagawa (I don't think we could afford Eden Hazard)
and then Lukas Podolski.

But other than the signings I just mentioned - the best signing we could make is signing Van Persie on a new contract.

I think this was simply a one off season. I'd hate to say it but RVP looks certain to get injured.

Even if he was talking to Man City officials - which he probably isnt - he wouldn't be stupid enough to post it to his millions of followers.

I think this was simply a one off season. I'd hate to say it but RVP looks certain to get injured.

please tell me how he 'looks' certain to get injured? is he walking with a hobble or is he carrying something that I can't see?

please tell me how he 'looks' certain to get injured? is he walking with a hobble or is he carrying something that I can't see?

Going by his injury record I dont think is wrong to say this was one off season, same for Robben, Sneijder, Pato and many other players.

I wont be surprised to see him getting injured next season like he used to, after all this summer he wont get break.

Going by his injury record I dont think is wrong to say this was one off season, same for Robben, Sneijder, Pato and many other players.

I wont be surprised to see him getting injured next season like he used to, after all this summer he wont get break.

I understand that he hasn't had an injury - and that he could pick up one next season - but I don't understand how he looks certain to get injured.

I understand that he hasn't had an injury - and that he could pick up one next season - but I don't understand how he looks certain to get injured.

Oh ok. For me its not certain, most probably he will.

Because, Frank, he hasn't played a full season without getting injured since he arrived. Some players pick up niggles. Hopefully he will get a bit of a rest in August if we hold onto 3rd as we won't be playing qualifying games early on again. Giving him a forced rest is probably the only way, as he's given a **** of a lot this season, especially given the way defenders kick him a lot.

Back