The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I've always thought RVP being labelled as injury prone and made of glass a little harsh. If you look at his last 4 seasons he has played 44, 20, 33 and now 43. The 20 season was his serious ankle injury he got while playing for the Netherlands and the 33 was last season when he missed most of the first half with another ankle injury but from January onwards he missed only one game from an injury I think. Prehaps when he first arrived he was injury prone but of late I wouldn't label him injury prone at all, just a little unlucky with a couple of long term injuries.

please tell me how he 'looks' certain to get injured? is he walking with a hobble or is he carrying something that I can't see?

RVP does a lot of work on the pitch, I doubt he'll go another season perfectly injury-free. It's not common for any player who plays as much as him to not pick up a single injury throughout the season let alone RVP who has a history of injury issues.

But no, you're right he isn't walking with a hobble or something like that but I'm just saying every season something goes wrong. eg. Last season Fabregas, RVP, Vermealen had trouble staying fully fit. But when all 3 were on the pitch we played well and if they were fit for the whole season we might have atleast stayed 2nd (possibly). This season we started bad but the fullback problem cost us so many points. I'm not saying we would have won those games but it would have atleast made a difference having fullbacks in January. We'd be competing with City (again possibly) if we didn't have those injuries.

Yeah injuries are part of the game and we have to deal with it but I'm just saying things like this happen always to Arsenal and it's likely to happen next season.

Because as an Arsenal fan you must know this is how we roll. Dislike high pressure, I didn't see either goal mind you. Obvious Arsene Wenger going for his Comeback King! achievement ;)

He isn't that bad, he just has one major flaw for a possession team, he doesn't pass or trap the ball very cleanly. Needs to get into it.

I wouldn't worry too much, Arsenal havn't played for a while, probably rusty. We should come back unless we get any dodgy injuries or concede again.

Plus Ramsey isn't getting any better unless we play him.

Nah he had to slot in as our ball playing mid. Arteta has the highest passes in the entire Prem, but he needs the discipline to get in the right positions. Ramsey hasn't got the speed (nor has Arteta) to be out of position. His role in the team is crucial. Watch Ramsey, he's just picking it up, dropping deeper and moving it around. It's very weird, Song and Rosicky playing very wide. The team's looking good going forward now, at least.

Please let Wigan win?

I guess by putting Ramsey on you're helping them out a lot. Wales captain, LOL.

Please let Wigan win?

I guess by putting Ramsey on you're helping them out a lot. Wales captain, LOL.

Not sure why we're relying on Ramsey when we were 2-0 down at the time, it's like putting Henderson on if Liverpool are behind. Only worse -_-

Ramsey isn't nearly as bad as the criticism suggests, but it seems Arsenal fans love to have a midfielder to constantly rag on. Before it was Denilson but now he isn't here Ramsey is copping it. People seem to have forgotten how well he played at the start of the season, like when he bossed the midfield against Chelski.

Imagine if we don't score after the first 10-15 minutes Chamberlain will come on for Benayoun, need to keep our width and Yossi is drifting in too much. Plus Ox is the type of player who you need against a team with 11 behind the ball.

Yeah that's fair enough. I don't think Ramsey is bad at all, he just doesn't have the distribution just yet, I think that's a fact. I don't know if he's good enough at what he does just yet. As I said, he was getting into it, he just needs some games. His broken leg will take a while to get over, especially considering how good he looked before it.

Back