The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Was a pretty obvious shoulder barge on Walcott, thought he went over easy at first but for the replay it definitely shows it. At least a free kick. Still, got to say Wigan have played well, frustrated. Oh, and Gervinho is *****, slows it right down, and seemingly unable to go outside the man and cross with his left. Need that tricky Miyaichi to improve!

Too little too late. Never looked like any invention in the final third.

Very good win for Wigan, RVP sulking again lol, needs to calm it. Well deserved win and out played by Wigan. Great game!

Well done to Wigan, deserved win.

RVP made to look like a mug at the end, though.

Yellow card for time wasting (which came about 70 minutes after it started) and another for a foul and only an extra 25 seconds added on? Ok ref.... Knew it would be tough once they got 2-0 up and put everyone behind the ball. Win against Chelsea and it's all forgotten, got to react like we did after QPR.

Roberto Martinez is a beast.

Knowing that we beat them with some refereeing mistakes - they probably should have been the winners + they beat United and Arsenal. I dare say Wigan dont deserve the relegation.

Victor Moses made fun of you. Amazing player.

On behalf of everyone at Chelsea, Newcastle and Spurs, thank you very much Wigan Athletic.

Missed the first half so all the goals but that was one of Arsenal's poorest performances i have seen this season from the second half alone. Yes they had a lot of the ball which as we know is standard from Arsenal but a lot of their passes were sloppy and the ones that wearn't Wigan pressed very quickly and won the ball back. Oh i will add on that performance Andre Santos is shocking and for me its been a problem position since Cole left. #besttrade+5millever

Missed the first half so all the goals but that was one of Arsenal's poorest performances i have seen this season from the second half alone. Yes they had a lot of the ball which as we know is standard from Arsenal but a lot of their passes were sloppy and the ones that wearn't Wigan pressed very quickly and won the ball back. Oh i will add on that performance Andre Santos is shocking and for me its been a problem position since Cole left. #besttrade+5millever
The passes were sloppy because they had everyone behind the ball so we had to take more risks to try to make chances. As for Santos, it's his second start after missing three months he started of slow when he joined but the more he played the better he got, you of all people should know after his performance in the second half against Chelsea. He is far from shocking, but I feel we are a better team with Gibbs there.

What a game from Wigan ! They never really looked like they would lose that lead in my opinion . Moses, Caldwell and McCarthy really played well .

Disagree with a lot of that, the team looked decent, although unbalanced. Don't think Wigan looked that great to be fair, they were efficient at keeping their lead though, disciplined without too many mistakes. Foul on Walcott not seen was a potential moment, but it wasn't a pen, so doesn't matter.

Breaking down teams needs some good interplay, didn't see too much give and go, and could have done with some long shots to test the keeper. Santos actually was doing some good stuff, he looked alright defensively, but definitely not assured.

Didn't see enough from the wingers either. Walcott and Gervinho completely outshone by Benayoun? Why? His willingness to run at the man and go behind. Chamberlain looked full of energy mind you, but not enough to overcome the self inflicted deficit with the defence a bit dodgy.

Very poor attitude from Van Persie. Thought he was better than that

Very poor attitude from Van Persie. Thought he was better than that
He shook Caldwell's hand, just not the way Caldwell wanted. Caldwell just wanting to rub it in more, RVP is frustrated so doesn't want to hang around and have a chat but shook his hand so nothing to it.

He shook Caldwell's hand, just not the way Caldwell wanted. Caldwell just wanting to rub it in more, RVP is frustrated so doesn't want to hang around and have a chat but shook his hand so nothing to it.
not really. Vaguely slapped his hand and then walked off. wouldn't call that a handshake

And Ramsey's not bad... He just needs to get a bit more confidence...

As much as Walcott is a decent player he's really poor when it comes to beating his man. When any team has men behind the ball Walcott just seems afraid. He just gets the ball and passes it back. No attempt to get the ball into the box. We missed that midfield control from Arteta.

I give credit to Wigan, they played their part. They deserve being in the EPL.

Time to move one, and lets focus on Super Saturday

Wenger confirms that Wilshere will miss the rest of the season and with it Euro and the Olympics as well. Shattered for him but at least he'll come back at 100% come the start of next season. Also, Arteta is wearing a protective boot and left Emirates on crutches so sounds like his season could well be over too.

And Ramsey's not bad... He just needs to get a bit more confidence...

Rambo needs some confidence and even form.

and I'm hearing that Arteta is on the boot protection now. FFS!!! Defo out for the season now.

Wenger confirms that Wilshere will miss the rest of the season and with it Euro and the Olympics as well. Shattered for him but at least he'll come back at 100% come the start of next season. Also, Arteta is wearing a protective boot and left Emirates on crutches so sounds like his season could well be over too.

Time for Diaby to pick up ground now.

Back