The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Why can't Wenger admit that Wigan deserved to win? Everyone knows we're the experts at time wasting when we really need to. RVP was a **** at the end, the linesman ran over to Caldwell and I'm sure he said something like "It's not worth it".

I'm just over the moon and I don't think I've sweat so much as I have watching us Vs Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal this season. Almost everyone in the football world, always, every season, has Wigan favourites to go down. I wouldn't be surprised if the odds have made at least one millionaire during the time they have been in the Premiership.

Extatic run of form, I think 3rd best in the league atm? Just need a better start to the season next season and knoqwing that none of our first team players are going back to another club from a loan is a massive weight off our shoulders. I think Diamé and Hugo are off, but they haven't been starting recently so they won't be a massive blow. I think Moses will stay and as for everyone else. Kudos. For me, 1 more win from Fulham, Newcastle, Blackburn and Wolves and we're safe.

Why can't Wenger admit that Wigan deserved to win? Everyone knows we're the experts at time wasting when we really need to. RVP was a **** at the end, the linesman ran over to Caldwell and I'm sure he said something like "It's not worth it".
As was Caldwell for twice moving his hand when RVP went with his left. Can't blame RVP for deciding if he wasn't happy with that he could jog on, doubt every single handshake after the game is a perfect one but Caldwell wanted to rub it in a bit more.

If I'd have had Van Persie in my pocket all game, I'd want to rub it in. Caldwell bossed him, RVP couldn't take it.

If I'd have had Van Persie in my pocket all game, I'd want to rub it in. Caldwell bossed him, RVP couldn't take it.

Just because Caldwell had a great game, it still doesn't justify that he had to be a sore winner and rub it in. He got the win, why rub it in? Doubt RVP would have done the same had it been the other way around.

Just because Caldwell had a great game, it still doesn't justify that he had to be a sore winner and rub it in. He got the win, why rub it in? Doubt RVP would have done the same had it been the other way around.

Nah of course not. RVP's a model pro, he'd never wind up another player.

View attachment 239697

So with Jack out for rest of the season, and for the Euros, should he go for the Olympics or not. ?

Last edited:
So with Jack out for rest of the season, and for the Euros, should he go for the Olympics or not. ?
Think Wenger said he won't go. Don't think he should, give him a full pre season to get fit again

From what I've read he's prepared to respect Wenger and not bother with the Olympics. Not a bad thing imo, as he'll be fully rested and ready for next season.

The NextGen Series*-*ARSENAL BECOME FOURTH NEW TEAM

The NextGen Series, the exciting European competition showcasing football’s finest young stars, has today confirmed Arsenal F.C. as the fourth new club to sign up to the tournament’s second season.

Arsenal joins Chelsea FC, Olympiacos and PSG in signing up for next season’s NextGen Series as the competition expands from 16 to 24 clubs. The Gunners are now the seventh British team competing alongside Liverpool, Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspur, Aston Villa, Celtic and Chelsea – they join some of Europe’s most elite teams, including Barcelona, Ajax, Inter Milan and Sporting Lisbon.

The tournament has proven to be a huge success in its first year, providing Europe’s finest youth talent with a solid platform on which to hone their skills in a competitive international environment.

Arsenal Manager Arsène Wenger said: “We are excited about joining the NextGen Series next season. It’s a very good challenge to confront yourselves with the best young players in Europe. We have spoken to Inter Milan, who practiced at our Training Ground ahead of a NextGen match and they said their players improved tremendously through the season because of the quality of the competition. You play against the best players of your age and it will be a very interesting experience for us. It’s also a good way to assess your players and to give you an idea of the future potential of the Club.”

Head of Youth Development at Arsenal, Liam Brady said: “We are delighted to be involved in the NextGen Series and are looking forward to participating in the competition. It will provide our young players with fantastic experience against high quality opposition from around Europe. We always try to give our young players wider experience through participating in International tournaments, but NextGen takes this to the next level. We watched NextGen this season with great interest and the standard of competition was very high and will therefore offer a good challenge to our young players.”

Commenting on Arsenal’s participation in next season’s NextGen Series, Justin Andrews, the tournament’s co-founder said: “Arsenal have one of the finest youth academies in the world, it is brilliant news to be adding them to the list of Europe’s most distinguished clubs. We are very excited to be taking NextGen into its second year and hope to continue with the success of the inaugural season.”

The winners of the inaugural NextGen Series were Internazionale Milano, beating AFC Ajax on penalties in the final played at London’s Leyton Orient on March 25th​ 2012.

I'd prefer to see him go through pre-season with us. If Great Britan were to get to the final I believe that is played only a week or so before the EPL is due to kick off so there is every chance he would miss the first and maybe second games. Just give him a full rest until Arsenal get back together for pre-season to start.

I'm worried about tomorrow's match. Chelsea look pretty good. I mean really they kinda got lucky against Barcelona but they did beat the "best team in the world". As for the NextGen series, is that like U18 European league? Doesn't FM 2012 have the U18's champions league in it? I thought I had my youth side in that competition once. I think it is great for our youngsters to get European experience.

Ramsey playing today in Arteta role and what i've seen he cant keep possession at all. Loses it all the time. Dont know how he can get in team after both Arteta and Wilshere recover from injuries. Also I think Ox would do better job in that role.

Ramsey's been a liability today......time after time he's been dispossessed. Very hard to see how he will become a regular after Wilshere comes back.

No, I'd keep him. He did lose the ball much too often, but near the end of the game he made some good passes. He obviously isn't good enough for the first team atm, but maybe he'll get better, and he's still a good substitute.

Ramsey's been a liability today......time after time he's been dispossessed. Very hard to see how he will become a regular after Wilshere comes back.
Was far from a liability. Not his best game but showed signs of being the player from the first half of the season, was one of only a few who looked likely to create chances in the final 20-30 minutes.

/facepalm. There's no set date... Well, I don't think there is...

Back