The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Was far from a liability. Not his best game but showed signs of being the player from the first half of the season, was one of only a few who looked likely to create chances in the final 20-30 minutes.

Did you see the sheer number of times he was dispossessed and left us exposed?

You could tell me missed Arteta. Chelsea otherwise defended amazing. Walcott had a poor game again, whenever he got the ball he lost it or ended up passing back. Unnecesary pressure. Ramsey was playing bad, I was wondering why Rosicky came off for Diaby and not Ramsey.

To top it all of RVP was unlucky, we've seen him put away those chances before but he just was off form recently.

Ridiculing Ramsey is beyond. He's a class player and he'll only get better. We probably won't see his ability until next season as the current one is coming to an end. Arteta's ageing (despite still being quality) and Wilshere's not set to return until next season so Ramsey'll be handy to have around. Selling him is not the answer and in fact is just stupid.

agreeing with Mike about ramsey. and tbh, many gunners worldwide expect too much from him, same like how they did for walcott. People think Ramsey should be playing like cesc in a flash,....ohh please (fu bandwagon fans).

We played poorly today though. You can't blame Ramsey entirely, because, he is still a developing player and has recovered from a serious injury. But, he did play poor for the first half. For the last 30 minutes of the game, he actually played ok - if he only managed to play consistently like that for the entire game, we could have created more chances. I think we would make a horrible mistake if we sell Ramsey - and it's almost certain we wont. Wenger brought him to develop - he can't replace Fabregas straight away!
And Rosicky game off because he was ill - that's why Diaby came on (who, I thought, did pretty well - considering he has only played an hour of competitive football.)
Without Arteta, it's going to be hard to qualify for Champions League. Yes, we are still 3 points ahead of Newcastle (who recently beat Stoke 3-0) - but we're playing poorly. Mainly because everyone we're playing against is playing 6-3-1!
We have to beat Stoke, and Norwich - and hope Spurs slip up continuously. (At the moment, they're losing 1-0 against QPR.)

We need to qualify for Champions League. We could finally strengthen, and buy class players like M'Vila (To play Anchorman. Song drifts forward too often, and, with the lobbed balls he can produce, we can play him further up the field), and Podolski.

I don't actually know who we REALLY need to buy (other than a Striker) Almost every department has either a good player, or someone promising (such as Frimpong.)

agreeing with Mike about ramsey. and tbh, many gunners worldwide expect too much from him, same like how they did for walcott. People think Ramsey should be playing like cesc in a flash,....ohh please (fu bandwagon fans).

I didn't expect Ramsey to play like Fabregas but what I did expect was him not to get tackled by Torres 3 times in dangerous positions due to him not passing the ball quick enough.

Did you see the sheer number of times he was dispossessed and left us exposed?
He was dispossed four times, incidently Chamberlain was dispossed three times having played 20 minutes less and seeing the ball far less than Ramsey did. Should we rip into Chamberlain too? Of course we won't. And Ramsey completed 63 of his 65 passes so only gave the ball away 6 times in 95 minutes. A couple of times I reckon he should of got a shout from someone around him he was gettng pressure from behind also. He wasn't nearly as bad as people are making out but alot of Arsenal fans seem to love hating on Ramsey right now.

He was dispossed four times, incidently Chamberlain was dispossed three times having played 20 minutes less and seeing the ball far less than Ramsey did. Should we rip into Chamberlain too? Of course we won't. And Ramsey completed 63 of his 65 passes so only gave the ball away 6 times in 95 minutes. A couple of times I reckon he should of got a shout from someone around him he was gettng pressure from behind also. He wasn't nearly as bad as people are making out but alot of Arsenal fans seem to love hating on Ramsey right now.

Well Chamberlain must've been dispossessed further up the pitch considering his position, which isn't the same as losing the ball at the half way point (or nearby). The fact is that Ramsey has been very poor in the last few months. He deserves the criticism leveled at him. That isn't to say he isn't a good player or should be sold. He is excellent (take the Chelsea game at Stamford Bridge for instance) on his day and is a very useful player to have around, but he definitely, at this moment in time, is low on confidence and it's showing on his game.

Well Chamberlain must've been dispossessed further up the pitch considering his position, which isn't the same as losing the ball at the half way point (or nearby). The fact is that Ramsey has been very poor in the last few months. He deserves the criticism leveled at him. That isn't to say he isn't a good player or should be sold. He is excellent (take the Chelsea game at Stamford Bridge for instance) on his day and is a very useful player to have around, but he definitely, at this moment in time, is low on confidence and it's showing on his game.
He deserves some of the criticism - people blaming him for the defeat at Wigan when he wasn't even on the field when we conceded twice isa case and point of him getting unfairly criticised. Every loss or poor performance is all due to Ramsey according to some.

As for him being low on confidence, little wonder when people freak out upon seeing him in he team or step out on the pitch, get on his back the moment he does something wrong and most of all the mass of abuse/death threats he cops via his twitter it's not a shock the lad is a little down. He is 21 and in his first full season at this level, his first season back from a horrific injury and a season in which his Wales manager who was a mentor for him passed away. People need to give him a break.

He deserves some of the criticism - people blaming him for the defeat at Wigan when he wasn't even on the field when we conceded twice isa case and point of him getting unfairly criticised. Every loss or poor performance is all due to Ramsey according to some.

As for him being low on confidence, little wonder when people freak out upon seeing him in he team or step out on the pitch, get on his back the moment he does something wrong and most of all the mass of abuse/death threats he cops via his twitter it's not a shock the lad is a little down. He is 21 and in his first full season at this level, his first season back from a horrific injury and a season in which his Wales manager who was a mentor for him passed away. People need to give him a break.

death threats? really? Yes he gets criticism but I don't think your right that anyone blamed him for Wigan. And I doubt he gets death threats. Most people are just saying we expect a little more from him.

And there's nothing wrong with that, most players like a bit of criticism to improve their game but yeah that reasons you give that he's just back from a horrific injury and mentor passed away are good reasons but people can't cover Ramsey up everytime if he gives a below-par performance. He's a professional footballer and he needs to push on. If someone asked him about a bad performance I'm quite sure he wouldn't say "Just got back from an injury, sorry". It's be more along the lines of "I'll try harder next time, sorry".

Chamberlain didn't play better than Ramsey did, yet I don't see anyone complain about him...

Chamberlain didn't play better than Ramsey did, yet I don't see anyone complain about him...

Chamberlain, at 18 years old and just coming into the team and staying there on the back of good performances, has a lot more goodwill built up than Ramsey, a 21 year old who has been inconsistently poor for the majority of the season.

That's bullshit. In the first months of the season, he was one of the best players.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't one of the best players mate. Nobody is saying he's ****, however, just he isn't good when put under pressure. Teams know this, so they put him under specific pressure, which only highlights it more.

More importantly, without Arteta and Walcott we're going to have to be inventive in sewing up a CL place. I can see it being very hard for us to score unless players perform well and we keep the defence tight.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't one of the best players mate. Nobody is saying he's ****, however, just he isn't good when put under pressure. Teams know this, so they put him under specific pressure, which only highlights it more.

More importantly, without Arteta and Walcott we're going to have to be inventive in sewing up a CL place. I can see it being very hard for us to score unless players perform well and we keep the defence tight.

We'll miss Arteta and it's going to be showing over the next few games. Walcott isn't that much of a blow since Gervinho can play there and against Chelsea Gervinho played better than Walcott.

Good thing we have Benayoun. We are going to need him for the rest of the games as well as Gervinho and Ox. Also Coquelin seems to be fit so I think he should be tried in that "Arteta position" or allow Song more freedom and put Coq's in the DM spot.

7 points from the 3 games and we are 3rd unless Ncastle win all and go on goal rampage.

Newcastle's game in hand is against in-form Chelsea. I hope it's a draw. Like Arsene said, we need to win all of our remaining matches. Stoke (A), Norwich (H), and W.B.A (A).

I would play Coquelin and Song deep in midfield - and allow Rosicky license to roam. Then, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Gervinho on the wings offer pace and power. Quietly confident of third; although we are Arsenal (i.e. chokers).

Back