The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Pretty sure you had £21m rejected in the summer, don't see why Rennes would drop their valuation when he has a deal till 2015.

Would be a phenomenally good signing, though.

I also remember hearing that over 20m bid was rejected, but also that bid was actually just 10m dont know if it really was 10 or 20m back then.

Pretty optimistic, but still waiting for Arsenal.com to confirm it.

I'm calling utter bs. I'm waiting us to announce our new holding midfielder is that useless **** Denilson back from Brazil.

I'm calling utter bs. I'm waiting us to announce our new holding midfielder is that useless **** Denilson back from Brazil.

Wouldn't mind us paying someone to take him of our books.

I'm convinced we will sign M'vila but not as soon as everyone suspects. I do not believe that rumor. As for jersey for next season, I have set standards where I refuse to buy an Arsenal home jersey because that should be one where I would buy only for a club legend or player I feel will be at the club for awhile. When Henry resigned on loan I jumped at his jersey and got the home one. The only other current Arsenal player I feel I would get their home jersey in is RvP if he re-signs. I bought a Nasri away jersey last season and we see what happened there. I'm actually thinking about getting a Podolski away jersey for next season.

As for transfer rumors what are you guys opinion on the rumour of us signing Alessandro Del Piero? I am quite mixed on it as he would bring in huge experience but I think we don't really need him. Also according to Arsene Wenger we won't be very active in the transfer market until atleast pre-season gets underway due to the players that are currently injured (Diaby, Wilshere, Mertesacker.)

I'm not going to hold my breath that M'Vila will be announced anytime soon - especially not until one of the more reputable Arsenal people start talking about it. Also, why would Rennes sell to us now when there is Euros coming up which is a massve shop window to get another 5-10 million if he plays well? Only reason that would happen was if he said he wanted to leave and would only come to us and I don't see that happening.

Also according to Arsene Wenger we won't be very active in the transfer market until atleast pre-season gets underway due to the players that are currently injured (Diaby, Wilshere, Mertesacker.)

Reports suggests otherwise and if those are correct we might have all our business done well before Euro's which would be ideal. Last year our business was delayed mostly because of Cesc saga and now we have no such thing hampering our business. Get deals done and get Robin and others to sign new contracts before Euro's.

We can then use rest of the time offloading the deadwoods. Most important is to get players in quickly.

Rumours that we have signed a marquee player and will announce him soon after the West Brom game. The source says he would walk straight into the Man City team. Confirmed not to be Hazard.

Its this guy :D

yann-m-vila_12043_w250.jpg

Walcott will apparently be fit in time for the West Brom game according to the rumors floating around. That should provide a real boost if true.

Sad thing is, that's exactly what I thought at first glance of it as well.

Love that away kit. Also love the small AFC logo on the top of the back, incorporates Chapmans famous WM formation.

https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/LaurensJulien
Reports M'Vila is a done deal, but relies on us getting 3rd. Chose us over Inter at a fee of €22mill (£17.7 mill) which is a new Arsenal record. Unbelievably happy we are getting him, proper defensive midfielder.

I think it's Arsene Wenger which decided that he joins us rather than Inter. He has said many times playing for french coach would be great. Also CL football isnt looking likely for Inter next season so we have that advantage on us.

I think it will be first announced by Rennes so he can have his goodbye game on 20th and after that by us.

That home kit is also starting to grow on me and I might order it as soon as I know that Robin stays.

Back