The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Or Theo Walcott. He should have stayed at Southhampton until he won the PLM with them. But no he just did not have the personality to see out that btough challenge and instead of waiting for things to improve he made a run for it. It was not like he was in his late twenties and that was his last chance at silverware but oh well

Arteta. Jeez he is a another one who just does not have the personality to see out a tough challenge. He could have waited for things to improve at Everton but instead of staying he made a run for it

Gervinho could have stayed at Lille but he neither has the personality to see a tough challenge out and instead of waiting for the team to improve he made a run for it

All of them made a run to Arsenal where they had a better chance of silverware as well as to further their careers and be remembered as players. Shame none of them had the personality to see out a tough challenge at their respective clubs. Absolute shame

Were Southampton in the Premier League when Walcott left? No. Were Lille? No. They play in the French League, a considerably worse League than the Premiership, where Gervinho wanted to be.

Arteta is the only example you could remotely compare to what I've just said, and his case is understandable - Everton were on standstill because of constant budget constraints, but when Nasri went to City from Arsenal - they were only slightly better going by League performances.

Dry your eyes kiddo, just because Chelsea only managed to rise up through the same way.

Probably everyone expected it, but im happy now that Ox can prove himself on an international level. Rock on Ox :P

Last edited:
Were Southampton in the Premier League when Walcott left? No. Were Lille? No. They play in the French League, a considerably worse League than the Premiership, where Gervinho wanted to be.

Arteta is the only example you could remotely compare to what I've just said, and his case is understandable - Everton were on standstill because of constant budget constraints, but when Nasri went to City from Arsenal - they were only slightly better going by League performances.

Dry your eyes kiddo, just because Chelsea only managed to rise up through the same way.

You based your criticism of Nasri on the fact that he supposedly did not have the personality to see out the challenge at Arsenal but instead moved to a club where he would have much much more chances of winning silverware and obtaining success.

Plus its hardly like City were only slightly better than Arsenal, their future capacity to win trophies far outweighed that of Arsenal and now they are League champions and are considerably a better team than Arsenal

My point is that your criticism of Nasri is flawed. You are basically insulting him for moving to a better club to win trophies which he knew he hardly had a chance of winning at Arsenal .. something which most players have done in an effort to show that Nasri is some sort of wimp for not staying at Arsenal and fighting a lost cause just because he humbled your club in an interview

In the process you also gained likes from a bunch of Arsenal fans who like you have a personal vendetta against Nasri because according to you lot, he is a greedy pig who only moved to City to earn more money. Completely ignoring the fact that he would attain greater success as well

Last edited:
Well it's not like City demolished us this season? They won against our reserves in Carling Cup by one goal. We also played better than they did in that game there's no question of that.

Away game in Prem we lost 1-0 and home game we won 1-0.

There was less difference between team quality than people think. Mostly City had much stronger bench only and were more consistent against lesser teams. AND didnt have same kind of injury problems Arsenal or United had.

Well it's not like City demolished us this season? They won against our reserves in Carling Cup by one goal. We also played better than they did in that game there's no question of that.

Away game in Prem we lost 1-0 and home game we won 1-0.

There was less difference between team quality than people think. Mostly City had much stronger bench only and were more consistent against lesser teams. AND didnt have same kind of injury problems Arsenal or United had.

Your basing your argument that City is not stronger than you on a Carling Cup game as well as 2 PLM games?

City have a far stronger squad than Arsenal and are a better team. Their is a big difference in quality. Comparing a head-to-head record does not prove anything

Last edited:
I know Alcaraz - we should be giving him a hero's welcome every time he comes back to the emirates. He left for his own good and we all care about that over the club.

xx

Not a fan of Nasri but I think he is a better player than Arteta.

I know Alcaraz - we should be giving him a hero's welcome every time he comes back to the emirates. He left for his own good and we all care about that over the club.

xx

Not asking you to give him a hero's welcome. Just asking you to stop your dumb criticism of him by saying he does not have a tough personality or only went for money

You based your criticism of Nasri on the fact that he supposedly did not have the personality to see out the challenge at Arsenal but instead moved to a club where he would have much much more chances of winning silverware and obtaining success.

Plus its hardly like City were only slightly better than Arsenal, their future capacity to win trophies far outweighed that of Arsenal and now they are League champions and are considerably a better team than Arsenal

My point is that your criticism of Nasri is flawed. You are basically insulting him for moving to a better club to win trophies which he knew he hardly had a chance of winning at Arsenal .. something which most players have done in an effort to show that Nasri is some sort of wimp for not staying at Arsenal and fighting a lost cause just because he humbled your club in an interview

In the process you also gained likes from a bunch of Arsenal fans who like you have a personal vendetta against Nasri because according to you lot, he is a greedy pig who only moved to City to earn more money. Completely ignoring the fact that he would attain greater success as well

Well he didn't have the personality to see out the challenge. Staying at Arsenal and winning trophies with us was a greater challenge than moving to Man City and winning trophies, so thanks for backing up my point - much appreciated.

You also need to learn the difference between insulting him and merely saying what he is, he joined City because he knew it would be easier to win titles there - why exactly does that make him a better person?

Oh, and when Nasri did leave us for Man City, they had the potential to be much better than us, but they weren't at the time, there's a difference. But thanks for your input, you pretty much just agreed with everything I said.

Wilshere seems to have some problems with his knee. Going to Sweden to get it operated.

According to some twitter sources we have people meeting Kagawa in Japan. If Dortmund are really interested in Bendtner we could use that to our advantage and manage money + Bendtner swap for Kagawa. Still seems more likely he will join United, but if they manage to get Hazard then I think we will get Kagawa.

According to some twitter sources we have people meeting Kagawa in Japan. If Dortmund are really interested in Bendtner we could use that to our advantage and manage money + Bendtner swap for Kagawa. Still seems more likely he will join United, but if they manage to get Hazard then I think we will get Kagawa.

I will be stunned if Hazard actually joins United. Anything's possible I guess these days.

Back