The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
"If all that I was interested in was money, the easiest decision would have been to stay at Arsenal, picking up my money every week and walking into the team,"

Yea the fact he doubled his wage by going into City and pocketing nice couple mil in signing fee had nothing to do with his desire to play for City.

Yea maybe he thought going to City would be shortcut to trophies, but he did it also for the money.

If you were offered more wages and​ trophies, would you say no?

Personally I wouldn't, unless I wasn't playing for Arsenal. If I were playing for a team and Arsenal came knocking there is no way in **** I would turn them down. But that is because I love the club. People need to understand that not everyone who plays for Arsenal love the club. I mean just look at Diaby who has personally come out and said he supports Spurs.

Lately I have been thinking about Manchester City winning the title and you know I really don't have a problem with it anymore because they haven't won in 44 years, it's about time they won. They spent the money, they deserve something. The only thing I don't get is how they work in the whole home grown rule when they continue to buy players out of England.

Personally I wouldn't, unless I wasn't playing for Arsenal. If I were playing for a team and Arsenal came knocking there is no way in **** I would turn them down. But that is because I love the club. People need to understand that not everyone who plays for Arsenal love the club. I mean just look at Diaby who has personally come out and said he supports Spurs.

Lately I have been thinking about Manchester City winning the title and you know I really don't have a problem with it anymore because they haven't won in 44 years, it's about time they won. They spent the money, they deserve something. The only thing I don't get is how they work in the whole home grown rule when they continue to buy players out of England.

That's my point. He has no personal affiliation with Arsenal.

Would be like you moving from CSKA Sofia to Zenit for x2 wages. We'd all do it.

That's my point. He has no personal affiliation with Arsenal.

Would be like you moving from CSKA Sofia to Zenit for x2 wages. We'd all do it.

It's exactly the reason why I didn't, and don't, mind James Milner moving to City. With Gareth Barry it was slightly different - he said he wanted to move for CL football first season, then moved to a club that wasn't in the CL, he said he wouldn't leave and then did, etc. - but I honestly can't begrudge Milner furthering his career and earning a little extra in the process.

If you were offered more wages and​ trophies, would you say no?

Never said I minded him leaving at all. Look couple pages back where I said I was quite happy when City came and paid over 20m for him. We got Arteta & OX for that money and Arteta & Ox > Nasri for me.

I minded him saying he left for trophies when that was mainly small part of his motivation on the move. If you remember he wanted way over 100k wages with us.

This will be the last I want to hear from Nasri. Sick and tired of hearing the same thing since the whole season started.

Plus he has became a shadow of himself, despite winning a trophy. And he should be showing some respect to us too.

Last edited:
He wants Arsenal fans to stop talking about him and yet only a couple of days after one of the biggest days in his life all he can do is talk about us. Personally, I don't really care about him any more. Yes he won the title but he didn't play much of a role in it and his performances given the fee were average. We got £22 million for him off the back of a good half of the season and he went missing when the pressure was on. Scored more goals, got more points and finished higher without him and got players who play for the team.

Don't understand what he means by 'If all that I was interested in was money, the easiest decision would have been to stay at Arsenal' though, because we'd only be paying him half (or less) than what he is on now. Surely going to City and getting at least double the money is easier?

^ And plus the media too should stop asking him about that particular topic.

Never said I minded him leaving at all. Look couple pages back where I said I was quite happy when City came and paid over 20m for him. We got Arteta & OX for that money and Arteta & Ox > Nasri for me.

Couldn't have put it better myself really, mutually beneficial.

To be honest Quasit, just Arteta on his own > Nasri IMO.

But yeah I can still understand why some fans are ****** with him, he's one of the footballers that doesn't have the personality to see a very tough challenge out. He knew we were currently a way off winning the title, so instead of staying and waiting for the team to improve and stand a better chance, he made a run for it. It's not even like he's in his late twenties and this was his last chance at some silverware, but oh well.

Arteta > Nasri now, but I think the 2010/2011 Nasri was better than Arteta. Though I was really disappointed with his decision to move to City, I've got to admit he really was amazing for us. Did some pretty great things. At City he's just one of 11 players, nothing special.

Arteta and Nasri are completely different players. One is a winger who thinks he can play in the middle but can't while the other is a quality central midfielder. Given we have plenty of wingers now, Nasri isn't a massive loss right now. On the flipside, we only won once without Arteta in the league this season and he plays a massive role in how we play now. But to say one is better than the other is sort of silly, but on his day Nasri would probably be the better of the two playing in their preferred role.

I've a sinking feeling we won't keep Van Persie. Then Wenger will say Podolski is a capable and adequate replacement and won't sign another striker. We just can't sell him to Man City, that would be unbearable.

I'd much rather see Walcott go than RVP, but then, who wants to buy Walcott?

I've a sinking feeling we won't keep Van Persie. Then Wenger will say Podolski is a capable and adequate replacement and won't sign another striker. We just can't sell him to Man City, that would be unbearable.

I'd much rather see Walcott go than RVP, but then, who wants to buy Walcott?

You ought to know how much Walcott has done this season. He's been contributing goals for RVP this season, and also improving. About time people stop hate him just because of old reasoning's.

Theo Walcott: 2011/2012 season review « SportsKeeda

And Juventus are very keen on Cavani instead of RVP now. RVP is to stay :)

Oh, I know what Walcott has accomplished this season, and I don't hate him. Just saying as both are up for contract extensions and if it was between the two I'd pick RVP as would most. But there hasn't been much sniffing around for Walcott, do you see any of the other Top 4 teams making a bid for him? Probably not.

Oh, I know what Walcott has accomplished this season, and I don't hate him. Just saying as both are up for contract extensions and if it was between the two I'd pick RVP as would most. But there hasn't been much sniffing around for Walcott, do you see any of the other Top 4 teams making a bid for him? Probably not.

It's not like we need to choose between Song, RVP and Walcott who gets extension and who doesnt :D We have plenty of money on bank to handle all of their wage demands.

Couldn't have put it better myself really, mutually beneficial.

To be honest Quasit, just Arteta on his own > Nasri IMO.

But yeah I can still understand why some fans are ****** with him, he's one of the footballers that doesn't have the personality to see a very tough challenge out. He knew we were currently a way off winning the title, so instead of staying and waiting for the team to improve and stand a better chance, he made a run for it. It's not even like he's in his late twenties and this was his last chance at some silverware, but oh well.

Or Theo Walcott. He should have stayed at Southhampton until he won the PLM with them. But no he just did not have the personality to see out that btough challenge and instead of waiting for things to improve he made a run for it. It was not like he was in his late twenties and that was his last chance at silverware but oh well

Arteta. Jeez he is a another one who just does not have the personality to see out a tough challenge. He could have waited for things to improve at Everton but instead of staying he made a run for it

Gervinho could have stayed at Lille but he neither has the personality to see a tough challenge out and instead of waiting for the team to improve he made a run for it

All of them made a run to Arsenal where they had a better chance of silverware as well as to further their careers and be remembered as players. Shame none of them had the personality to see out a tough challenge at their respective clubs. Absolute shame

I have no problem with Nasri jumping ship because he never said he loved the club. I have the problem with players who pledge their loyalty to clubs then jump ship the first time a big offer comes in. On to more important things, d-day is upon us the day we find out if RvP will be willing to sign a new contract or not and also AOC included in the England squad for Euro 2012.

You ought to know how much Walcott has done this season. He's been contributing goals for RVP this season, and also improving. About time people stop hate him just because of old reasoning's.

Theo Walcott: 2011/2012 season review « SportsKeeda

And Juventus are very keen on Cavani instead of RVP now. RVP is to stay :)
his stat of 0.5 accurate crosses per game in the PL is still pretty poor and is disposseed 1.9 times per game, which isn't great. Though he has 1.2 succesful dribbles per games which is decent and 8 assists is also decent. I would still say he isn't good enough for a team of Arsenal's stature

Back