The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I will be stunned if Hazard actually joins United. Anything's possible I guess these days.

If true that United are looking to sell Nani then it becomes more likely. But still believe he will go to City.

I will be stunned if Hazard actually joins United. Anything's possible I guess these days.

At what point would you be stunned? At the 35m fee, which we can pay, or the reported 130k wage, which we can pay?

United won't sell Nani, nobody will pay the 30m fee they want for him. Nani isn't that good. Not heard anything on the Matias Suarez thing and not sure about the Kagawa thing either i'm more focused on RvP really, which I heard he is waiting until after the Euros now because of clubs interested in him.

Words can't describe what I would do if we managed to get Kagawa. Unfortunately he seems really keen on United and they seem keen on him so I doubt it will be Arsenal red I will get to see him in.

This Kagawa situation reminds me of when we signed Ramsey, with United also very interest like this Kagawa one. It shouldn't be surprising if United end up with, and I reckon United will do everything they can to get a creative CM. But yea, it depends also where Hazard ends up in, the Blue or Red Manchester half.

And good point made by Patrick Vieira,
Patrick Vieira: Arsenal must act quickly to keep Robin van Persie - ESPN Soccernet

United won't sell Nani, nobody will pay the 30m fee they want for him. Nani isn't that good. Not heard anything on the Matias Suarez thing and not sure about the Kagawa thing either i'm more focused on RvP really, which I heard he is waiting until after the Euros now because of clubs interested in him.

Inter have been interested in Nani for long time so if they choose to sell they will at least be on line to take him.

Well he didn't have the personality to see out the challenge. Staying at Arsenal and winning trophies with us was a greater challenge than moving to Man City and winning trophies, so thanks for backing up my point - much appreciated.

You also need to learn the difference between insulting him and merely saying what he is, he joined City because he knew it would be easier to win titles there - why exactly does that make him a better person?

Oh, and when Nasri did leave us for Man City, they had the potential to be much better than us, but they weren't at the time, there's a difference. But thanks for your input, you pretty much just agreed with everything I said.

No, your point was that Nasri did not have the toughness to see through a challenge with Arsenal while I argued that the same could be said for nearly every player in the world who transfers to a big club including quite a few of your players

Manchester City were always much better than Arsenal even if the league table did not reflect it. Your argument is based on the fact that Nasri should not have joined Man City because at the time they were only one place above and your are basically discarding the fact that City had huge future capability to win trophies which Arsenal does not have. Something which makes no sense because a player will likely consider the future prospects of his desired club before moving there

And I dont understand how you can decide if Nasri is a good or bad person based on his desire to move to a better club. Absurd

Nani is a great player on his day, problem is he has too many days where he does not perform. Still better than any wingers Arsenal have though so I think you ar being a bit harsh saying "he isn't that good". On his day he is one of the best wingers in the league.

At what point would you be stunned? At the 35m fee, which we can pay, or the reported 130k wage, which we can pay?

Yes, but what if City offer more? Thats the thing, if City dont outbid you, it will be weird to say the least.

Juventus have already shown an interest.

[h=6]Arsenal have announced that midfielder Jack Wilshere requires knee surgery but should be fit for the start of the 2012/13 Barclays Premier League campaign. [/h]

Arsenal have announced that midfielder Jack Wilshere requires knee surgery but should be fit for the start of the 2012/13 Barclays Premier League campaign.

Hmm, saw this yesterday. Not something I wanted to hear, although it's apparently a 'minor' issue. Anything else they want us to worry about?

Back