The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Hmm, saw this yesterday. Not something I wanted to hear, although it's apparently a 'minor' issue. Anything else they want us to worry about?
Your medical dept should be sacked.

And keep your mitts off Kagawa, scrubs.

Your medical dept should be sacked.

And keep your mitts off Kagawa, scrubs.

Really needs to be sorted ahead of the next season.

We won't get Kagawa; if United are interested then there's simply no chance.

I think right now the best thing for Arsenal to do is keep RvP and risk losing him on a free next summer. If we do great this season then there is always the chance he will sign a new contract. We do need to be big players in the transfer market though.

According to Football.fr, M'Vila will announce his new club after Rennes final game on Sunday night.

if arsenal...id consider buying his jersey

I think it's either us or City. They seem to be looking to sell of De Jong and get M'vila.

Also Kagawa has been quoted saying
"But I want to go to a team where it'll be challenging for me. It'd be nice if I end up playing in the Premier League."

So I'd say coming to Arsenal and helping us win Prem would be more of a challenge than winning one in United ;)

No, your point was that Nasri did not have the toughness to see through a challenge with Arsenal while I argued that the same could be said for nearly every player in the world who transfers to a big club including quite a few of your players

Manchester City were always much better than Arsenal even if the league table did not reflect it. Your argument is based on the fact that Nasri should not have joined Man City because at the time they were only one place above and your are basically discarding the fact that City had huge future capability to win trophies which Arsenal does not have. Something which makes no sense because a player will likely consider the future prospects of his desired club before moving there

And I dont understand how you can decide if Nasri is a good or bad person based on his desire to move to a better club. Absurd

Yeah, unfortunately most players don't want to stay at the worse clubs to help them win something, instead all choosing to jump ship to sides with more quality. When did I argue this?

The League table reflects things quite clearly actually, City were only slightly better than Arsenal the season where they finished above us by just a few points. As Everton were better than Liverpool this season - it is absolute, so stop suggesting otherwise. The one thing you are right about is that City did have a 'future capacity' (I assume you mean the potential?) to win trophies - something I've said in a previous post. But the fact is, that does take away from Nasri's mental toughness, he realised it would be harder to win trophies with Arsenal, so he moved to Man City because he knew he would get more a higher success rate at trophies there, what is hard to understand? Most players do indeed have this same personality flaw, which is why every year there isn't a new title winner.

Turns out we aren't even close to signing M'Vila. Has been no contact with Rennes from us since August. Any interest we had in Suarez has ended as well after we were told he wouldn't get a work permit. Also, Vertonghen is not going to be signing for us. He wants Spurs, we have no interest. £10mill is the offer from Spurs, but Ajax want more.

M'Villa will talk about his future after Sunday's Ligue 1 season finale.

And as for Fabianski, not really surprised, but in all he needs to play more games. Good luck to where ever he goes. That said, we should be signing an experienced keeper to provide competition for Wojo and Daiman Martinez. 1st and 2nd choice shall be decided between the new keeper or Wojo, and future prospect Martinez will settle for 3rd.

Yeah, unfortunately most players don't want to stay at the worse clubs to help them win something, instead all choosing to jump ship to sides with more quality. When did I argue this?

The League table reflects things quite clearly actually, City were only slightly better than Arsenal the season where they finished above us by just a few points. As Everton were better than Liverpool this season - it is absolute, so stop suggesting otherwise. The one thing you are right about is that City did have a 'future capacity' (I assume you mean the potential?) to win trophies - something I've said in a previous post. But the fact is, that does take away from Nasri's mental toughness, he realised it would be harder to win trophies with Arsenal, so he moved to Man City because he knew he would get more a higher success rate at trophies there, what is hard to understand? Most players do indeed have this same personality flaw, which is why every year there isn't a new title winner.

Fair enough, I intepreted your post wrongly because I found it harsh that your criticizing Nasri for something most players at a big club can be accussed of

Mirror has really been backstabbing us again, and rewording Patrick Vieira's word to seem evil. Screw the Media.
http://a.yfrog.com/img877/5166/fuzpk.jpg

And here's the real report as to what Vieira said. At least EPSN does it better.
Patrick Vieira: Arsenal must act quickly to keep Robin van Persie - ESPN Soccernet

And also talking about RvP, the club has now placed a media ban on him so that so one media can't talk to him
Van Persie handed media ban while on international duty with the Netherlands - Goal.com

The media ban is stupid imo. If we want him to stay why limit him on what he does? I want to know what he has to say. I want to hear it from him and not these stupid tabloid newspapers. I mean I already pretty much know he's leaving but I want to know what he has to say.

We let Cesc talk to the media and we all know how that ended.

And it's amazing how many people are turning on him already, I never expected him to make a decision already. He'll want to see players come in before he re-signs, Wenger has probably told him what players are his targets but that doesn't mean we will get him. We're in the same position we have been all season, people just need to calm down.

Back