The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
We let Cesc talk to the media and we all know how that ended.

And it's amazing how many people are turning on him already, I never expected him to make a decision already. He'll want to see players come in before he re-signs, Wenger has probably told him what players are his targets but that doesn't mean we will get him. We're in the same position we have been all season, people just need to calm down.

Cesc talking to the media had no result on him leaving for Barcelona. Everyone knew he wanted to go back. I never expected van Persie to sign a new contract on Wednesday I think if he does sign one it won't be until well after the Euros.

Cesc talking to the media had no result on him leaving for Barcelona. Everyone knew he wanted to go back. I never expected van Persie to sign a new contract on Wednesday I think if he does sign one it won't be until well after the Euros.
I was more getting at the anytime the media had a chance they would talk to Cesc about it. This way they can't talk to Robin about it.

This may be a silly hope, but maybe with Spurs out of the Champions League leading the possibility of Bale and Modric being lured away it will give RVP's suitors some other possible targets to consider instead.

Hahahaha I didnt even look at it, a guy from IRC sent it to us. Brian I think.

That's a very interesting read for sure. I know I am getting tired of how we approach things in the transfer market.

Been looking for something like that for an age. Vital reading for any Arsenal fan.

Turns out Djourou got his new contract after he activated a clause by playing a certain number of games. Eboue had earned a new contract in the same circumstances the previous season so it's not a sign Djourou will definitely be here next season. Couple of teams in Italy are said to be interested and there has been rumors linking us to Montpellier captain Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa who is capable of playing RB, LB as well as his favored CB.

Rumor circulating that we are looking at Isco from Malaga.

With Ramsey being meh and Wilshere being banged up, Isco could be a good buy.

Apparently Arsenal are in for Etienne Capoue due to Rennes asking too much money for M'Vila. Maybe it's just an attempt to lower their demands, though.

Juventus seems interested in Djourou. As for that Isco rumor, i think its kinda made up. we'll have to see how the Kagawa deal goes through. Capoue rumor's seem to steam up now, and Rennes be asking like 22m or something. But for crying out lout, I prefer Yann over Capoue anyday. (6)

Some great news too, as Almunia is now set to leave the club (PARTY TIME, YEAH !!!) along with other 6 players in the reserves. Fabianski for certian too to leave the club. leaves us to get anotehr keepr to prove competin for Wojo.

Couple of rumors on our deadwoods:

"Arsenal will also listen to offers for Ju-Young Park. (Telegraph)"

"Arsenal are also seeking buyers for Marouane Chamakh, Denilson and Johan Djourou. (Mail)" :S

"Borussia Dortmund are understood to have inquired about striker Nicklas Bendtner. (Mail)" XD

"Negotiations have already taken place with Zenit St Petersburg over the permanent transfer of Andrey Arshavin. (Mail)"

Grand approx Total on deadwood

JY Park - 3m
Fabianski - 4m
Denilson - 4m
Chamakh - 6m
Bendtner - 6m
Vela - 6m
Djourou - 6m
Arshavin - 10m

Total: 45m

Back