The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
lol XD no wonder we are linked to him :P

AuELDKtCAAAbbHY.jpg

Also Arsene is quite tall... Hmm are they related? Arsene's lost lovechild perhaps? :D

Tomas Rosicky earned third place, and deservedly so. With 4.79% of all votes the 31 year old is still flying high. Hopefully his legs will still work for another couple of seasons.

Can only see Song second and RvP first.

Arsenal History 1886-2009

[video=youtube_share;8ff__Y9lMCo]http://youtu.be/8ff__Y9lMCo[/video]

Park Chu-Young has been found again after going AWOL at the end of the season. Has unsurprisingly asked to leave the club some club in Abu Dhabi or something are said to be interested in taking him.

Song has taken out P2 in Player of the Season which means there will be a shock result with van Persie of all people taking it out with a likely 75% or so of the vote. Areta, Kos, Rosicky and Song were all between 4.1-4.9% so it was fairly tight between those four.

Park Chu-Young has been found again after going AWOL at the end of the season. Has unsurprisingly asked to leave the club some club in Abu Dhabi or something are said to be interested in taking him.

Allah akhbar to that.

RVP has said on interview that there are few players in world who he "clicks" automatically. Cesc was one and Afellay is another. I think he wants us to sign him. Barca seem to want to let him go for 6m.

Also seems like we have offered 10m for Dempsey. Liverpool offered same.

He came on for the final 30 minutes for USA last night, should probably have scored one for us as well.

He came on for the final 30 minutes for USA last night, should probably have scored one for us as well.

I'd still prefer Afellay if it's him or Dempsey. Looked really good against Slovakia yesterday.

I'd go with Afellay as well because he is younger. They both bring good arguments though, proven Premier League player or a younger Dutch player that will fit well with van Persie.

Arsenal being linked with Doumbia from CSKA Moscow. Chelsea were linked with him as well but I suspect the signing of Hazard has more or less ended the possibility of him wearing Blue

From what I recall- Doumbia has fantastic pace and is very athletic. One of the best players in the Russian league and fairly young.

Thoughts? Would Arsenal take him

Arsenal being linked with Doumbia from CSKA Moscow. Chelsea were linked with him as well but I suspect the signing of Hazard has more or less ended the possibility of him wearing Blue

From what I recall- Doumbia has fantastic pace and is very athletic. One of the best players in the Russian league and fairly young.

Thoughts? Would Arsenal take him

Not seen very much about him, but has good track record in first Switzerland and now in Russia.

Still I think Giroud is the most realistic transfer for us.

I don't think Giroud or Llorente will come if van Persie stays. We have already signed Podolski, and, either of them two will want first team football. How the **** are we going to play van Persie, Podolski, and Llorente at the same time?! I prefer Llorente to Giroud, mainly because I haven't really seen Giroud play...
Is he all that?
If van Persie does leave, I want us to go in for Cavani. If a world class player like RVP leaves, we need to show that we will recover, and we can do that by signing Cavani. Cavani is perfectly suited to the Premier League: He's fast, strong, got good stamina, and can challenge in the air, thus, providing us with a back up plan. (He also scores 80 goals in FM!)

I don't think Giroud or Llorente will come if van Persie stays. We have already signed Podolski, and, either of them two will want first team football. How the **** are we going to play van Persie, Podolski, and Llorente at the same time?! I prefer Llorente to Giroud, mainly because I haven't really seen Giroud play...
Is he all that?
If van Persie does leave, I want us to go in for Cavani. If a world class player like RVP leaves, we need to show that we will recover, and we can do that by signing Cavani. Cavani is perfectly suited to the Premier League: He's fast, strong, got good stamina, and can challenge in the air, thus, providing us with a back up plan. (He also scores 80 goals in FM!)

Giroud is good technical big man. Left footed, but good also on right. Also when he was rumoured for Bayern he understood he wouldnt start playing straight away, he said he needs to keep his head down and work hard and opportunity would come. For 12.8m release clause he'd be a steal and massive upgrade to Chamakh and Park.

RVP has had tough season and now playing in Euros. He cant play every game and his history isn't best. Also Podolski will play on wing and only occasionally through middle if needed. So RVP, Giroud and Podolski is perfect set up.

Cavani is too expensive for us. Even if we'd sell RVP we'd never pay enough to convince Napoli to sell. Never. Same as Falcao. Need to be realistic. Also Llorente is just not happening. We wont pay that 28m release clause which is in his contract.

Last edited:
Back