The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Along with couple first team players who I'd like to see ( Mainly Eriksen , Giroud and M'vila ) I'd like us to go for Jores Okore and Rafal Wolski. Jores Okore impressed me alot when I saw him against Finland ( though Finland attack aint best he still did really well ) and also seen some videos of Wolski and looks pretty good. Besides Ox and Le Coq no real prospects have arrived in couple years.

Ryo and Joel Campbell? And Coquelin has been at the club since 2008.

I would not classify Joel Campbell as a huge prospect just yet. Chelsea's Ulises Davilla is a better player than him but even then Davilla has struggled massively when we sent him on loan to Vitesse this season. Both players need to put in hard work to get themselves ready for European Football

Reports suggesting Arsenal are RAPIDLY stepping up the chase to sign Doumbia after learning CSKA may drop the asking price to 15million, with add-ons that could take it to 21million. Also rumoured to be interested in
Yevhen Konoplyanka as a replacement for Arshavin if he leaves (which I don't want him to)

Reports suggesting Arsenal are RAPIDLY stepping up the chase to sign Doumbia after learning CSKA may drop the asking price to 15million, with add-ons that could take it to 21million. Also rumoured to be interested in
Yevhen Konoplyanka as a replacement for Arshavin if he leaves (which I don't want him to)

I think Doumbia is ready to step up to another level now. His main traits are his pace and athleticism. Would provide good cover for RVP

Ryo and Joel Campbell? And Coquelin has been at the club since 2008.

Of course they are good prospects. But by exciting prospect I meant player who could already jump into rotation / Squad role in first team. We have pretty good prospects : Aneke, Gnabry, Miquel, Martinez, Afobe, Ryo, Campbell, but they are not ready for first team yet and need loans.

Llorente's a bit old for £28m, don't see this ever happening. We might get Giroud, he'll be fine knowing RVP is injury prone which increase his chance to play.

28m is his release clause, but i think Bilabo will lessen the fee if Llorente really wants to leave.

Tbh, Arshavin's situation should be assessed after the Euros. He has done we'll to get his form back at Zenit (in turn also winning the RPL). If Zenit want him, then they can pay at least 10m for him.

[h=6]Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini believes Robin van Persie is a more realistic transfer target than Edinson Cavani[/h]

Alisher Usmanov can really help us in the financially in the transfer market for us. Still holds 30% of the shares.

Arsenal shareholder Usmanov's £300m cash splash

Thoughts Gonners ?

He's not going to be on board of directors as long as Deadwood is chairman. Wouldn't even want him that much, but if it's Usmanov vs Kroenke than I prefer Usmanov. I fear Kroenke will start pumping money out of Arsenal in future.

Not really he has already bought two of your best players, I would not put it past him to get RVP.

For him to get RVP we'd need to be willing to sell him. IF he goes free after this season there will likely be competition for him from bigger clubs than City. So unless we are willing to cash in then no.

Alisher Usmanov can really help us in the financially in the transfer market for us. Still holds 30% of the shares.

Arsenal shareholder Usmanov's £300m cash splash

Thoughts Gonners ?
The board will do all they can to avoid turning into City and Chelsea and fund trophies off the back of massive spending sprees. If they believe we can compete and win without doing so I don't see why we would change. Plus there are some pretty big question marks about how Usmanov has made his money.

Surely there's a difference between 'spending like City and Chelsea' and spending a decent amount of money?
Chelsea have spent what, 60 million already? Arsenal's net spend will be no higher than 15/20 million. Based off the last few years, you really could do with spending money.

Surely there's a difference between 'spending like City and Chelsea' and spending a decent amount of money?
Chelsea have spent what, 60 million already? Arsenal's net spend will be no higher than 15/20 million. Based off the last few years, you really could do with spending money.

AST has calculated we have 50m to spend this summer. We are not going to spend that much everyone knows, but we have more money available than any other Prem club which is generated by club and not sugardaddy. United would have more, but their cash reserves were depleted last summer so thats why we have more.

Only thing I'd like from our owners to do is clear the debts and work out better sponsorships ( Which according to some reports are being negotiated which will raise our shirt and kit sponsorship by 26m. )

Back