The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
M'Vila went off after 5 minutes for France with an ankle injury. Was in tears after it so looks like his Euro tournament is over before it even started. Must be an Arsenal player already....

M'Vila went off after 5 minutes for France with an ankle injury. Was in tears after it so looks like his Euro tournament is over before it even started. Must be an Arsenal player already....

Real shame. Hopefully not bad injury though so we can sign him this summer and he passes medical. Koscielny looking impressive as usual for France.

If anyone wants to see more of Giroud start watching France vs Serbia Live Stream Online

He is just about to come on field it seems.

Was listening to a French pundict the other day and he says M'Villa's form has been very poor of late. Not sure if that's true as i don't watch him.

Was listening to a French pundict the other day and he says M'Villa's form has been very poor of late. Not sure if that's true as i don't watch him.

Yea it's true. If he came to Arsenal he'd be used in same role as he is used for France. In Rennes he runs midfield and it's too big of a job for one man to be anchor man and main creator for team at same time.

Park Chu-Young has been found again after going AWOL at the end of the season. Has unsurprisingly asked to leave the club some club in Abu Dhabi or something are said to be interested in taking him.

Man, I feel for him. It was better for him not to come here,and continue this proposed move to Lille. Time to move on now.

Only time will tell who we'll sign, Giroud or Llorente, M'Villa and etc. For now, most of those players wanna focus on the Euros, and then later think about their future.

Llorente's a bit old for £28m, don't see this ever happening. We might get Giroud, he'll be fine knowing RVP is injury prone which increase his chance to play.

Llorente's a bit old for £28m, don't see this ever happening. We might get Giroud, he'll be fine knowing RVP is injury prone which increase his chance to play.

He's one of the best strikers in the world right now, 28m is a steal.

Nothing above 18-20m is realistic. But still, if you keep RVP, you wouldnt buy any of them, knowing you've signed Podolski.

RVP and Podolski our only attacking options? Not likely. 1 more will be coming in. Campbell and Afobe are far from ready.

RVP and Podolski our only attacking options? Not likely. 1 more will be coming in. Campbell and Afobe are far from ready.

You will not sign a 30m rated player just for backup. What system would you play?

You will not sign a 30m rated player just for backup. What system would you play?

Have you checked RVP's history. Before last seasons he had averaged around 20 games a season. We cant exactly put all our hopes on him can we? I'd bet my money that Podolski will play on left so we could do with 1 more main man. Still agree we wont use 30m. That's why I've said countless times Giroud is most likely with his 12.8m release clause.

Have you checked RVP's history. Before last seasons he had averaged around 20 games a season. We cant exactly put all our hopes on him can we? I'd bet my money that Podolski will play on left so we could do with 1 more main man. Still agree we wont use 30m. That's why I've said countless times Giroud is most likely with his 12.8m release clause.

You've got a point there. RVP is a lucky man he didnt get injured this season. Couldnt believe it either. Giroud is your best shot yes.

We'll have to see what happens after the Euros.
To be honest, I wouldn't mind if we don't sign M'Vila (as long as he doesn't go to Sp*rs - haha, that was a good joke! xD)
We have Frimpong and Coquelin, who are both quite good - especially Coquelin.

However, we need one more attacker. Benayoun has finished his loan, and he was vital towards the end of the season. Wilshere will be back, so, we have good cover for Arteta if he is injured. We also have Ramsey, Song, Rosicky, Coquelin, and Frimpong who can play in Midfield.
Up front, though, we only have van Persie, Podolski, Walcott, and Gervinho. Since we play 3 up front, I think we need one more player. I've seen reports of Doumbia. He would be an excellent signing - but not for 28mil!

Basically, we need a BIG player, a player to show we're ambitious, and a player to show we can challenge for the league.
Chelsea have apparently signed Hazard, and have also agreed a few and contract for Hulk!
We need to make sure we don't fall horribly behind them. Finishing in top four is getting harder and harder, and more so since we don't strengthen!
Imagine if we signed Mata before Chelsea. We scored 74 goals without him - how many would we have been able to score with him?!

dempsey is starting to sound like the more realistic prospect. in his prime and can play striker or either wing and should be cheap

We'll have to see what happens after the Euros.
To be honest, I wouldn't mind if we don't sign M'Vila (as long as he doesn't go to Sp*rs - haha, that was a good joke! xD)
We have Frimpong and Coquelin, who are both quite good - especially Coquelin.

However, we need one more attacker. Benayoun has finished his loan, and he was vital towards the end of the season. Wilshere will be back, so, we have good cover for Arteta if he is injured. We also have Ramsey, Song, Rosicky, Coquelin, and Frimpong who can play in Midfield.
Up front, though, we only have van Persie, Podolski, Walcott, and Gervinho. Since we play 3 up front, I think we need one more player. I've seen reports of Doumbia. He would be an excellent signing - but not for 28mil!

Basically, we need a BIG player, a player to show we're ambitious, and a player to show we can challenge for the league.
Chelsea have apparently signed Hazard, and have also agreed a few and contract for Hulk!
We need to make sure we don't fall horribly behind them. Finishing in top four is getting harder and harder, and more so since we don't strengthen!
Imagine if we signed Mata before Chelsea. We scored 74 goals without him - how many would we have been able to score with him?!

We almost did sign Mata. We ****** the transfer up because of Cesc saga and then Chelsea swooped in.

dempsey is starting to sound like the more realistic prospect. in his prime and can play striker or either wing and should be cheap
what would you class as cheap? I can't see him going for less than £10 mill

I don't think Arsenal need Dempsey to be honest, think Giroud would be a nice signing though along with M'Vila.

Back