The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Personally I can't think of one player we've offered more than £20m for..

Yann M'vila last summer near the end of transfer window when panic set in for one.

I don't rate Jenkinson too highly, he looks very clumsy and offers very little going forward.. As for Coquelin at RB, again I don't think that will work, he didn't have the greatest of time whilst filling in there, his best position is in the middle.. I do think we need another right back because Sagna broke his leg TWICE last season, and looks like he's going to be out for much longer than the first time, how unlucky can you get? And right now we don't have adequate cover

Yea Jenkinson just manages to make simple running look so awkward. Dont know how he does that.

I think Le Coq did pretty good as RB when he played there. LB wasn't as good, but he did alright. Sagna has been so unfortunate with the injuries. I just hope he comes back as good as before. He surprised me when he recovered from that first injury. It took him only couple games to find the old form.

Really the arsenal exodus could be huge this summer, diaby, squallaci, fabianksi, mannone, lansbury, vela, chamakh, bendtner, djorou, park, arshavin. Hopefully not van persie.

Now this should create atleast 15m minimum.

podolski is a great signing, if we can get a good holding midfielder and a centre back we should be good next season if we can just get rid of this jinx. With rosicky finding form and wilshere returning its like having two new signings anyway. Ramsey needs to step up, he's not impressed me atall this year, i would like to see more of ox and myiachi after a good loan spell with bolton.

If we didnt have such a poor start to the season and quite a bad finish we would have been right up there, we through silly points away continuously. Im quietly optimistic about next season.

We aren't likely to see nearly as many players leave as we would like. Vela will probably go to Spain seen as he was very good last season so teams are interested, Arshavin may go back to Zenit on a permanent as he was fairly decent for them. Bendtner hopefully does well at Euros to raise more interest and Chamakh would ideally leave as part of a deal for Giroud. Mannone will probably go to Hull but other than that I'm not expecting much else.

As for what we need to bring in, the main focal points will be a DM and a back-up striker. On top of that we could do with a keeper to provide competition and a better back-up to Sagna but those two aren't nearly as important as the other positions. I'd love to see M'Vila and Giroud come in (as it would appear many Arsenal fans would) but wouldn't be massively shocked to see go for someone other than M'Vila.

We should go in for Sneijder ;)
Inter missed out on Champions League football - something we can offer.
Although, I highly doubt we would be able to pay his wages - even Man Utd couldn't during January.
Still, it would definitely show ambition.

So, instead of Sneijder, we'll have to go the classic cheap Arsenal way - Ibrahim Afellay. I heard his link up play with van Persie was good, and van Persie even mentioned that he had only experienced a similar footballing relationship with Fabregas.

Sneijder had a horrible season with Inter last year. I personally would rather us go for Afellay.

We should go in for Sneijder ;)
Inter missed out on Champions League football - something we can offer.
Although, I highly doubt we would be able to pay his wages - even Man Utd couldn't during January.
Still, it would definitely show ambition.

So, instead of Sneijder, we'll have to go the classic cheap Arsenal way - Ibrahim Afellay. I heard his link up play with van Persie was good, and van Persie even mentioned that he had only experienced a similar footballing relationship with Fabregas.

i agree he'll bring experience to the midfield, but no he's just to expensive. no point wasting around 25m on a player who'll reach his end years in a couple of years. Arteta is 30 and rosicky is 31, so need need for another older one again.

Afellay seems like the only option.

Afellay seems like the only option.

Apparently not anymore. He has been in amazing form and there's some rumour going that his agent has stopped finding him a new club --> He's staying at Barcelona.

Southampton want Miyaichi on loan, I think that would definitely be a better move than Bolton.

Southampton want Miyaichi on loan, I think that would definitely be a better move than Bolton.

Apparently they want De Bruyne on loan as well. I mentioned this before, De Bruyne and Myiachi on the wings for Southampton could be a treat to watch

Apparently they want De Bruyne on loan as well. I mentioned this before, De Bruyne and Myiachi on the wings for Southampton could be a treat to watch

Didn't you say that about West Ham though? Also they are signing Jay Rodriguez as well so should be a good squad, hope they stay up tbh.

Rennes have confirmed they have received two bids from big European clubs for Yann M'vila, thought to be either Man Utd, Inter Milan and Arsenal.

Last edited:
Didn't you say that about West Ham though? Also they are signing Jay Rodriguez as well so should be a good squad, hope they stay up tbh.

Rennes have confirmed they have received two bids from big European clubs for Yann M'vila, thought to be either Man Utd, Inter Milan and Arsenal.

Would not be suprised if Man U were after him, he has a physical presence in midfield and is someone who would partner someone like Carrick/Scholes extremely well in my opinion.

Turkish media say Oğuzhan Özyakup will have a medical at Beşiktaş tomorrow. Arsenal will get €700k and 25% sell on fee. Good luck to Ozzy in Turkey

I`m missing " The King - Thierry Henry " ... my GOD what a PLAYER he was, seen all his games in Arsenal shirt , by far "the king of the club". When i was a kid , i was like mad crazy about Ian Wright, debut in the League against Southampton with a hat-trick, good times for the club.

Thierry Henry " a story of a legend "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm7LObIjUps&feature=related

As a bonus :
Arsenal 49: The Complete Unbeaten Record

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9SH4GGxg0g&feature=related

Last edited:
arshavin was pretty meh in his game today and rosicky was decent.

Woj got sent off |)

Back