The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Scsezcny was scarily bad, gave away a goal, got red carded and gave away a penalty. Quite an achievement in one game.

was watching 2nd half. he seemed to dribble too much and lost possession often similar to what he did at arsenal.

was watching 2nd half. he seemed to dribble too much and lost possession often similar to what he did at arsenal.

Arshavin's stats for the game

Passes - 31/36
Completed - 86%
Received - 39
Attacking third - 18/23
Assists - 2
Chances Created - 7
Short - 31/35
Forward - 20/25
Backward - 2/2
Square - 9/9

Scsezcny was scarily bad, gave away a goal, got red carded and gave away a penalty. Quite an achievement in one game.

Not his best game true, but in first goal greek run from behind Szczesny and then Wasilewski who was marking that attacker run also past Szczesny and blocked him.

Penalty was pretty much result of defenders failing in offside trap and Szczesny tried to cover first time shot which didn't come and then tripped the Greek. There's a rule change coming up for these kind of situations that keeper wont get red card and have a penalty. I personally think IF ref had been decent in match and hadn't given those stupid yellows in first half he should've given Szczesny yellow and penalty.

Blame for not winning the match goes to all Polish players. They were pretty poor overall in second half.

Rosicky was playing with an injury though so you can't really fault him to much. This is just what Arshavin needs to get his confidence back. I hope he keeps it up and we don't sell him really. Today we see Captain vantastic and new boy Podolski. Hope they both win.

Arshavin was fantastic yesterday with 2 assist, but Dragozev sure took the headline of the match. Czech were defensively poor, thus Rosicky had a a sub par game.

Rosicky was playing with an injury though so you can't really fault him to much. This is just what Arshavin needs to get his confidence back. I hope he keeps it up and we don't sell him really. Today we see Captain Vantastic and new boy Podolski. Hope they both win.
Capitan Vantastic is very poor so far. Huntelaar for RVP at halftime - no brainer.

Nice to see RVP doing his best to dampen down the interest of other teams with a very average performance.

According to Djourou's agent some club have offered 8.1m for him. There seems to be interest at least from Italy.

Not his best game true, but in first goal greek run from behind Szczesny and then Wasilewski who was marking that attacker run also past Szczesny and blocked him.

Penalty was pretty much result of defenders failing in offside trap and Szczesny tried to cover first time shot which didn't come and then tripped the Greek. There's a rule change coming up for these kind of situations that keeper wont get red card and have a penalty. I personally think IF ref had been decent in match and hadn't given those stupid yellows in first half he should've given Szczesny yellow and penalty.

Blame for not winning the match goes to all Polish players. They were pretty poor overall in second half.

Of course he did not lose the game singlehandedly and in fact in general I think he's quality, but there is no doubt that he could've done better for both the goal and the red card, the goal more so.

Of course he did not lose the game singlehandedly and in fact in general I think he's quality, but there is no doubt that he could've done better for both the goal and the red card, the goal more so.

Yes I agree that the goal could have been saved if he was more aware of his surroundings and just not go for ball with tunnel vision. Partly blame falls on Wasilewski, but he had to follow player he was marking who did great run there.

Penalty/Red card incindent I think he did what he could. If he hadn't tried to block it and stayed nearer goal the Greek would've most likely scored easily. IF Greek's had gone 2-1 up I think they could have kept that and won.

He is quality, but in recent times he hasn't been that good.

Apparently Al Jazeera are reporting that we have had a bid accepted by Montpellier for Olivier Giroud, they also first broke the Chamakh to Arsenal story back in 2010. I haven't actually seen anything about from Al Jazeera myself so I'm quite sceptical about its legitimacy.

Back