The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Seriously though, hope that its just a rumor about Wenger losing interest in Yann :( I know there are cheaper options other than Yann, but still :S

Feels to me this is a ploy to reduce price Rennes wants. They probably wanted a bidding war to start with and now that we are only club after him they lost that option.

If we get him fine, but there are other options out there if we dont so I'm not worried.

Feels to me this is a ploy to reduce price Rennes wants. They probably wanted a bidding war to start with and now that we are only club after him they lost that option.

If we get him fine, but there are other options out there if we dont so I'm not worried.

well there is Javi Matrinez as an option still :P

Last edited:
I'm really scared that our transfer business is done. I know we still have to get rid of our deadwood but I really don't see any clear cut targets right now, I mean we all knew we were linked to Podolski and it was a done deal weeks before announced, same thing with Giroud really. I just am not sure who will get now. None of the rumors are clear cut.

I'm really scared that our transfer business is done. I know we still have to get rid of our deadwood but I really don't see any clear cut targets right now, I mean we all knew we were linked to Podolski and it was a done deal weeks before announced, same thing with Giroud really. I just am not sure who will get now. None of the rumors are clear cut.

I think we are far from done. I'd expect 2-3 new players coming in still.

i think we are done bringing in players except maybe one midfielder ala mvila and a couple youths

I would prefer Javi Martinez over Yann M'Vila if I'm honest! xD
Both are great players, though - I wouldn't mind either.

According to SkySport24 we are in talks to sign the goalkeeper Emiliano Viviano from Palermo, would be a great back-up to Szczesny.

According to SkySport24 we are in talks to sign the goalkeeper Emiliano Viviano from Palermo, would be a great back-up to Szczesny.

Would be good move. Possibly next Italy #1 after Buffon. Still co-owned by Inter I think.

Would be good move. Possibly next Italy #1 after Buffon. Still co-owned by Inter I think.

Didn't Buffon himself say Sirigu would be one of the best goalkeepers in the world? So I presume he is the Italian's future keeper.

Didn't Buffon himself say Sirigu would be one of the best goalkeepers in the world? So I presume he is the Italian's future keeper.

Yes I think he said that, but Viviano has been quite good last season and Sirigu is no sure thing for next Italy #1.

Arsenal have handed six scholars professional forms, and announced 12 new scholars for the new season.

Six young Gunners sign professional terms | News Archive | News | Arsenal.com

Goalkeeper, Reice Charles-Cook, left-back Samir Bihmoutine, winger Hector Bellerin, play-maker Kristoffer Olsson, striker Phil Roberts and versatile midfielder Jordan Wynter have all had their scholarships turned into professional deals. Good moves.

Others scholars Alban Bunjaku, Jeffrey Monakana and James Campbell have been released. Bunjaku and Monakana have already joined new clubs, in Sevilla and Preston. Campbell has moved to Dundee on trial.

Bunjaku is a talented play-maker, with bags of potential, but coaches have become frustrated with his attitude, and he's moved abroad on excellent terms. Monakana and Campbell good lads, but didn't quite make the grade. Wish them luck.

Elsewhere, Arsenal have a new and very exciting crop of scholars.

Goalkeeper Josh Vickers, centre backs Thomas Dallison and Leander Siemann, full-backs Brandon Ormonde-Ottewill and Arinse Uade, defensive midfielder Glenn Roberts, play-maker Jack Jebb, wingers Tarum Dawkins and Alfred Mugabo and forwards Chuba Akpom, Alex Iwobi and Austin Lipman. Like the look of this group.

Akpom, Jebb and Lipman are rated as one of the best talents in the country, while lots of scouts are excited about left-back Ormonde-Ottewill, who's very much in the Ashley Cole mould.

All in all, some smart decisions and some excellent prospects there. Will be interesting to see how they develop."

Jamie Sanderson, YoungGuns Blog

Last edited:
Krist, Hector and Serge where impressive last season in the reserves. I think Wenger will give them chances in the Capital-One Cup. If their attitude is right, unlike Alban, then for sure they'll stay at the club.

Krist, Hector and Serge where impressive last season in the reserves. I think Wenger will give them chances in the Capital-One Cup. If their attitude is right, unlike Alban, then for sure they'll stay at the club.

Read in Swedish interview about Kris Olsson that when everyone else went for holidays he stayed behind to train and improve himself some more.

Robin Bairner ‏@RBairner
According to TF1, Lyon goalkeeper Hugo #Lloris could join #Arsenal this summer. Fee would have to be around €15m. #AFC

Lyon open to Lloris offers | Arsenal News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Competition is the only reason we are in for him, and Wojo really needs some competition if he too wants to improve. Fabianski can't offer that competition, and Almulia is past it by a mile. Martinez is still young, but i reckon he'll be 3rd choice. If Hugo does come, expect Wojo to be bench and be played mostly in Cup games. Lyon are in need of money though, but i think 15m is just to much. 10-11m should do.

Lyon open to Lloris offers | Arsenal News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Well this is interesting. If we do get him, then this means Wojo will defo be benched for most of the season, exception of cup games though.

Now there's competition for the GK spots

Its a bit tough to have 2 quality keepers in one side. Especially ones of the calibre of Lloris and Wojo.... Cant see it happening because Wojo has done well and is still young, no reason to bench him because he will find it very very tough to displace Lloris from the side

Back