The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Only way Lloris is coming is if Wenger doesn't think Szczesny is good enough. I doubt that will happen so any keeper who comes in will be mainly a back-up to Szczesny. We don't really have the funds to splash €15m when we already have someone good enough.

Only way Lloris is coming is if Wenger doesn't think Szczesny is good enough. I doubt that will happen so any keeper who comes in will be mainly a back-up to Szczesny. We don't really have the funds to splash €15m when we already have someone good enough.

One thing is certain and Wenger wont pay 10m+ for a goalkeeper. We also got Martinez coming through who will be competing for first team spot in year if he has succesful loan deal this season.

Sky sports are reporting Arsenal have turned down a €10 mil bid from Juventus for Robin Van Persie.

That Lloris rumor is out of there, Lyon just stated they would allow him to leave if they got a good offer. The only reason we are being so heavily linked is because we were a front runner two years ago when we decided to replace Almunia.

To be fair, 90% of these "offers" or "linked to" articles in the press are utter bullshit. Lloris? RVP for £8m? They just make it all up. Unless it's a direct link to the club I'd just not believe it.. The only thing shocking is that people continually fall for what people are making up, which is basically how they justify filling the football pages and keeping their jobs over the summer...

Hearing more and more rumors about Adrian from Atletico Madrid. If he comes, RVP is most definitely going to leave. :(

Actually from what i heard Lloris rumour came from Arsene himself, on air when he was commenting games for French TV.

Ouch, but hugely expected. Interesting to see where he goes.. City would probably offer the best.

Ouch. Would prefer to see him go abroad the watch city sign another arsenal player and get even stronger.

Not surprised. Once again Arsenal will be replacing stars rather than strengthening the team

Recent tests in the Catalan capital city of Barcelona have provided conclusive evidence of the presence of Barça DNA in Robin van Persie.

(?)

What a ****, goes on about how he is loyal he is to the club and then doesn't sign a new contract, I'm sorry for anyone that wants to defend him but this is disgraceful, sell him now, nobody is bigger than the club. But once again the club is being taken for granted, need to sort this mess out right now, all the positives we've built just fell apart.

Honestly don't blame him, Arsene Wenger and Ivan Gazidis are the ones to blame here. Looks like he's off to either City or Juve.

People might disagree with me but I think we need another striker now who's almost as reliable as RVP as I just don't think Giroud can have anywhere as much influence as RVP did

He's 28 and a world class striker who has barely won anything. Not a surprising move and I don't blame him 1 bit

Back