The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
People might disagree with me but I think we need another striker now who's almost as reliable as RVP as I just don't think Giroud can have anywhere as much influence as RVP did

Any half decent striker will get at least 15 goals from the chances we create. Only couple of RVP's goals were world class. Also I think we will keep him unless we get good enough offer from Italy/Spain.

Any half decent striker will get at least 15 goals from the chances we create. Only couple of RVP's goals were world class. Also I think we will keep him unless we get good enough offer from Italy/Spain.

But we don't really know that Giroud is half decent. He's had one good season in Ligue 1 which doesn't match up to the PL quality wise, not enough to make a real judgement on him imo. Chamakh was also supposed to be a good signng and look how he's turned out.

But we don't really know that Giroud is half decent. He's had one good season in Ligue 1 which doesn't match up to the PL quality wise, not enough to make a real judgement on him imo. Chamakh was also supposed to be a good signng and look how he's turned out.

As you said we cant make real judgement on him YET. So be patient. Also Giroud is more complete striker compared to Chamakh. I have no doubt we will do well even if we sell RVP now. Rest of team just needs to start scoring more.

Man City and Juventus are the most probable destinations for RVP.

Man City and Juventus are the most probable destinations for RVP.

I think City really need to break the bank to sign him. Selling him or keeping him for a year wont affect our finances a bit. For Juve I think lower offer is sufficient.

As you said we cant make real judgement on him YET. So be patient. Also Giroud is more complete striker compared to Chamakh. I have no doubt we will do well even if we sell RVP now. Rest of team just needs to start scoring more.

Sadly, patience isn't really an option when you're selling your best player and replacing him with a guy who's only sparked for one season and how do we know the rest of the team is just going to start scoring?

So this will be the second straight summer that we lose our captain. This season it seems we will now be lucky to get 15m for RvP since he came out and said he will be leaving the club if not this summer then for free next summer. It doesn't surprise me one bit I just wish he would have a bit of decency towards the club to allow them to get the best price for him. Arsenal have a lot of areas to fill this summer and it just got a bit harder.

We need a new Right back, a new defensive midfielder, either a back up or a leading goalkeeper for competition, a left back as I am not convinced by either Andre Santos or Kieran Gibbs (never rated him highly) we also now need another striker seeing as Podolski had a disappointing Euro 2012 imo and Giroud came from the French league which isn't as physical or impressive as the Premier League.

It sucks because I believe this won't be the only big name to leave this summer. Walcott will probably leave too now. We really need to sort out our transfer policies because this could lead us down the road to falling down from being a top club in England.

Sadly, patience isn't really an option when you're selling your best player and replacing him with a guy who's only sparked for one season and how do we know the rest of the team is just going to start scoring?

Do we know for certain he is going to be sold? No. Even Deadwood has said that he wont be sold.

Do we know for certain he is going to be sold? No. Even Deadwood has said that he wont be sold.

An unhappy player at the club who will receive £90-£100k per week for the next year with mediocre performances only to leave for free at the end of it all (H)

Doubt it :P

An unhappy player at the club who will receive £90-£100k per week for the next year with mediocre performances only to leave for free at the end of it all (H)

Doubt it :P

It would really show his loyalty to the club if he needs to stay for season. Doubt he'll do Fabregas and go on strike, but you never know.

Arsene Wenger said he's staying, RVP says he won't extend the contract. So he's staying and leaving for a free transfer by the looks of it.Van Persie wants to see out his contract otherwise he would have handed a transfer request in.

I doubt he will be sold, unless he specifically demands it. Player at his age that can be approached for free signing within half a year? Cant hope to get the money he is worth, so why not have him play that last year while looking for replacement. Who knows when you willl have striker of his class next time.

He's already said he's leaving whether be it now or at the end of the season. It will still have a negative effect on the players around him knowing his days at the club are numbered and he might as well have handed in a transfer request seeing as he knows how much this club values profits.

Wenger also said Cesc and Nasri were staying...

To be honest i really don't blame RVP for wanting out. Football is a very short career and he has seen former team mates of his (Nasri, Cole and Fabregas) move on to other clubs and be very successful and he deserves that too. I do worry about Arsenal next season if he is to leave this summer which personally if a player wants out then it's best to get rid straight away. RVP scored over 30 goals last season and that is a lot to replace.

A few Tweets:

Ian McGarry ‏@garbosj
Van Persie will complete his move to #MCFC within two weeks. Fee of around £22m. Contract worth £225k per week already agreed. #AFC

michael woods ‏@woodsyyy
Van persie announces "he won't be signing a new deal"... Hahaha take that you dirty gooners!!!!

AFC Arena ‏@AFC_Arena
**** OFF RVP. WE DON'T NEED YOU. WE HAVE GIROUD, PODOLSKI AND POSSIBLY ANOTHER ONE TO ******* REPLACE YOU. GTFO. NEVER COME BACK.

Last edited:
Hope pe get rid of both Bendtner and Chamakh to make some money for Adrian Lopez. Would offer great rotation for the ST spot with Giroud.

Imo it would be better to sell him if they can get good deal, it was his first injury free season and not sure whether he will have one more in his career going by his injury record. Just sell him to foreign club and improve squad as you have already signed 2 strikers.

Back