The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
[video=youtube;zKksMZdJdgY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKksMZdJdgY[/video]
XD

I doubt he will be sold, unless he specifically demands it. Player at his age that can be approached for free signing within half a year? Cant hope to get the money he is worth, so why not have him play that last year while looking for replacement. Who knows when you willl have striker of his class next time.

Whats the point of keeping a player who does not want to be at the club. Might as well sell him and get whatever money you can out of him

Whats the point of keeping a player who does not want to be at the club. Might as well sell him and get whatever money you can out of him

Not wanting to be there after his contract doesn't mean he will perform poorly in any way.

Paul Merson on RVP:
"not many players make it a success when they leave Arsenal". Ermm:
Ashley Cole
Viera
Henry
Fabregas
Nasri
Clichy
Anelka

Not wanting to be there after his contract doesn't mean he will perform poorly in any way.

Not saying he will perform poorly although their is the risk of that. Just saying it makes much more sense to sell him now instead of letting him go for free after one season. Use the money from his sale to get a replacement who is there for good

Paul Merson on RVP:
"not many players make it a success when they leave Arsenal". Ermm:
Ashley Cole
Viera
Henry
Fabregas
Nasri
Clichy
Anelka

Aye but I remember Joss used to say on a personal level they would not be a success after they left Arsenal. I would disagree on Ashley Cole and the jury is still out on Fabregas,Nasri, Clichy

Most people just read headlines and come to one conclusion... MONEY.

RVP:

"As announced earlier this year I had a meeting with the boss and Mr Gazidis after the season. This was a meeting about the club's future strategy and their policy. Financial terms or a contract have not been discussed, since that is not my priority at all.

"I personally have had a great season but my goal has been to win trophies with the team and to bring the club back to its glory days.

"Out of my huge respect for Mr Wenger, the players and the fans I don't want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal FC should move forward."

Fair enough, probably not going to win much at Arsenal.. Although I'd hardly consider Juventus a massive step forward.

a) you cant get really decent replacement in time
b) he still has to play his best if he expects to get good contract from new club c
c) Whats the point of selling him at all without good offer on the table? He is still word class striker that you can have for one more year. All depends on the offer, 20m would be great, 10m is a daylight robbery for player his class.

jury is still out on Fabregas,Nasri, Clichy

All 3 kind of already had a lot more success then Arsenal did after they left.

Nasri if anything has declined. Glad we sold him, plus he's a ****. Cole obviously has done very well, but the "family club" atmosphere to develop players is all fine and good but only seems to get you so far with the competition now at the top of the league.

Perhaps RVP just sat down with Wenger + the chairman and they told him their summer spending was going to be limited; so Wenger replaced him with Giroud in the anticipation of him leaving either this year or next, and picked up Podolski to replace Arshavin. That'd be more in line with Wenger's recent spending, that is to say, little first class depth in any position.

Slightly dissapointed he came out and said he's going to not sign a new contract, not because he deserves trophies, as he does (the Dutch national team certainly arn't filling in those gaps!), but because the club could have done with selling him for as much as possible to strengthen the squad. Perhaps he'll see how this season goes, if we win nothing (again) he will be off. That'd be pretty fair I'd say, he's given us some of the best years of his career.

"

We have to respect Robin's decision not to renew his contract. Robin has one year to run on his current contract and we are confident that he will fulfil his commitments to the Club.
We are planning with ambition and confidence for next season with Arsenal's best interests in mind."
The last part is complete bull if you ask me, but seems he'll play for another year and then leave on a free...

So if Arsenal go on to win the Champions league or Premier League will RVP stay? ;) I'm not saying it will happen but a front four of Walcott - Giroud - RVP - Podolski is pretty lethal!

I understand you probably don't like either of them (neither do I) but come on now...

I dont like or dislike them. They both contributed true, but not enough to say that they were key players like Silva, Aguero or Kompany.

Not going to lie, I'm pretty disappointed in RVP. We've stood by him from when he joined as a petulant teen to the constant injury plagued seasons and over the past few seasons (last season in particular) he has finally shown why we stood by him. Now he has decided that the lure of winning something has become too strong to ignore but I can't really blame him for wanting to win things. I would of much rather he was sold rather than come out with this statement because now it means the club will only get lowish offers for him because clubs now he will walk out on us at the end of next season. So not only is his wanting to leave but he has severly impacted the chance of the club getting a fairly big fee to go towards a replacement should he leave before the season.

Pretty gutted because I was confident he was going to stay maybe even without a new contract but didn't expect him to announce it to the world. I know Walcott was waiting to see what happened with RVP before making a decision on his future with the club so there is a real oppurtunity we're going to lose both of them. But no player is bigger than the club and we've lost big players before and moved on.

I say keep him.

We are not hard up for cash.

If he flounders, Juve and Man City might turn off to him.

If he plays on last years level...we could win the league, which may convince him to stay.

He may be the captain, but I figure he would lose his teammates respect if he started moaning about wanting out and acting unprofessionally.

I think Clichy had a solid contribution, but Nasri was pretty poor all season; effectively Silva/Kompany/Aguero carried that team.

Arsenal should keep hold of him. It's not like they're going to lose out on the money, as they're already rather rich.

Keep him for a year, and hopefully he'll have a good year and help arsenal. Also a lot can happen in a year, RVP may change his mind and sign a new contract.

Just saw this image on the first page... lol

tumblr_lfu384gdEC1qgnkdyo1_500.gif

Back