The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
‎"My heart is with Arsenal and I just can’t picture myself in a different shirt. I just can’t see it now because I love this Club so much.'' Robin Van Persie, 2009.

‎"My heart is with Arsenal and I just can’t picture myself in a different shirt. I just can’t see it now because I love this Club so much.'' Robin Van Persie, 2009.

You can fall out of love...

And things can change, that was 3 years ago.

I don't blame him one bit. If he is missing out on trophies then the least Arsenal could do is pay him a handsome amount of money. If not then why wouldn't he want to leave where he can have the money and the medals, good luck to him i say.

I don't blame him one bit. If he is missing out on trophies then the least Arsenal could do is pay him a handsome amount of money. If not then why wouldn't he want to leave where he can have the money and the medals, good luck to him i say.

I dont mind at all him leaving, but I have problem with his statement. He lowered his valuation and I think made impossible to get even 20m from him. Generally players loyal to club which they respect want that club to get good amount of money when they leave and not pennies.

I wouldn't say so. Yes City won Prem, but no thanks to Nasri or Clichy.

Regardless of the level of contribution from both players, they are still winning trophies. That's the reason they left - to win trophies (part of it anyway, other half is money).

I'm a Chelsea fan by the way.

Turns out he hadn't informed the club he was going to announce it. Seriously c**tish move and clearly one that was made with the view of forcing a move away from the club ASAP. Lost a heap of respect for him.

You were the one that drew instant conclusions from a quote.

Did I say that you said you couldn't fall out of love? (lol)

you posted an article about RVP's love for Arsenal.

I stated that, obviously, you can fall out of love. Shouldn't really read much into such a quote.

But I'm really not going to argue with you about a harmless comment I made.

Turns out he hadn't informed the club he was going to announce it. Seriously c**tish move and clearly one that was made with the view of forcing a move away from the club ASAP. Lost a heap of respect for him.

From loved to hated by one statement. Good achievement. Backfired nicely because club cant get their valuation from him now which means basically his chances of getting sold are minimal.

I dont mind at all him leaving, but I have problem with his statement. He lowered his valuation and I think made impossible to get even 20m from him. Generally players loyal to club which they respect want that club to get good amount of money when they leave and not pennies.

His valuation was low anyway as he only had one year left on his contract. If nothing was said at all you would have ended up getting much less for him in January or absolutely nothing for him next summer.

His valuation was low anyway as he only had one year left on his contract. If nothing was said at all you would have ended up getting much less for him in January or absolutely nothing for him next summer.

Yes low compared to what it would be if he had 3+ years on his contract, but not low like now when he has said he has no intention of signing. There's difference of speculating if he signs or not situation and situation we are in where we know he will be gone next year.

Before he announced this we could of forced offers around the 20mill mark if he informed the club behind closed doors of his decision. Instead he decides to announce to the world that he is for sale now or pick him up for nothing next season and if we do sell him now clubs aren't going to put up massive offers like they might of.

Before he announced this we could of forced offers around the 20mill mark if he informed the club behind closed doors of his decision. Instead he decides to announce to the world that he is for sale now or pick him up for nothing next season and if we do sell him now clubs aren't going to put up massive offers like they might of.

Why should he have to inform the club behind doors? He is looking at his future not Arsenal's now and in this day and age nothing stays behind closed doors. And if you sell him this summer i still believe you will get 20mill for him.

Why should he have to inform the club behind doors? He is looking at his future not Arsenal's now and in this day and age nothing stays behind closed doors. And if you sell him this summer i still believe you will get 20mill for him.
Because he is an employee of the club? I'm not saying it would of stayed behind closed doors but to not even let the club know of your decision before making the announcement is not right at all. For someone who claims to love the club and all the other PR rubbish that was in the statement you would of thought he might of shown at least a little respect to the club that has had a considerable say in the player he has become.

Because he is an employee of the club? I'm not saying it would of stayed behind closed doors but to not even let the club no of your decision before making the announcement is not right at all. For someone who claims to love the club and all the other PR rubbish that was in the statement you would of thought he might of shown at least a little respect to the club that has had a considerable say in the player he has become.

I just can't agree, he wanted Arsenal to show him how much they wanted him and its quite obvious they won't break the bank for him. He is thinking of his next venture not his past.

I just can't agree, he wanted Arsenal to show him how much they wanted him and its quite obvious they won't break the bank for him. He is thinking of his next venture not his past.

Considering his history I wouldn't expect him to suddenly start demanding a lot from Arsenal. He hasn't produced that much here compared to some players we've had.

Back