The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
The board annoy me as much as the board of Everton at times (not just ol' Bill). The message they're basically sending out is "we're happy with the way things are". They've pretty much said earlier that they're building to have a successful next season. Well....whoopefuckindo. How can they be happy with the way things are when they're about to lose a marquee player for ***** sake. They've lost quality players, they're about to lose a world class player.....it's all very well saving up a fuckton of cash, but what good is it if it's just going to sit there when the mugs on the board are so terrified about spending, after claiming a while back that they have spend to compete against the likes of Man Utd to be successful. Well, they had that chance, but with the way City are drawing world class players in like flies round poo, that ship is sailed. Unless they actually take a chance, like every other club has. I think it's about time Wenger said something about the situation. He can only fall on his sword so many times.

So... here`s the deal: Van Persie is leaving, this means Walcott wants out too, from what i hear he rejected £100.000/week ? Are ya f.....g kidding me ? That`s what: 4.8 M £/year ??? For Walcott ? Not enough for him ? If all this is true , RvP & Walcott = Gold diggin` biatches ---> Kanye West - Gold Digger ft. Jamie Foxx - YouTube

So... here`s the deal: Van Persie is leaving, this means Walcott wants out too, from what i hear he rejected £100.000/week ? Are ya f.....g kidding me ? That`s what: 4.8 M £/year ??? For Walcott ? Not enough for him ? If all this is true , RvP & Walcott = Gold diggin` biatches ---> Kanye West - Gold Digger ft. Jamie Foxx - YouTube

Probably more to do with club ambition rather than money. Assuming Walcott has turned that down, it would definitely be due to club ambition, not quite sure where else he would go though, maybe Tottenham, all I can think of who would need him.

It's not always about money, they want to win things too!

Totally said Walcott was going to read minutes after RvP stated it. Honestly tired of seeing players confess their love of the club they play for just to stab them in the back. I say sell them both, we seem to be linked with Stevan Jovetic and Robert Lewandowski today as replacements for RvP and Walcott. If we get 30m for both Walcott and RvP I will be happy but something seriously needs to change at this club or we will turn into a mid table team quickly.

Totally said Walcott was going to read minutes after RvP stated it. Honestly tired of seeing players confess their love of the club they play for just to stab them in the back. I say sell them both, we seem to be linked with Stevan Jovetic and Robert Lewandowski today as replacements for RvP and Walcott. If we get 30m for both Walcott and RvP I will be happy but something seriously needs to change at this club or we will turn into a mid table team quickly.

Why would Lewandowski want to move from Dortmund to Arsenal. Dortmund are a considerably stronger team. Serious challengers on all 4 fronts. Better fan support than Arsenal. Play in a competitive Bundesliga. Unless its money-related or Lewandowski has some childhood dream of playing in the EPL like good ole Kagagwa

Jovetic rumour has legs though

People calling RvP a money grabber are laughable.

When they were injured, who gave them support? Arsene & us, the fans. When they were playin` like ****, who gave them support? Arsene & us, the fans. Now it`s time for them to show some appreciation, it`s not the best times for the club, i know, but this is my view on things. So, if 6 M £/year for RvP & 4.8 M £/year for Walcott it`s not enough, than they should leave as soon as possible.

If we get 15 M£ for vP and 10 M£ for Walcott, i think it`s ok with 1 year contract to go.

Isn't Song's contract running out in 1 year as well? IMO, he would be the biggest loss. Good strikers you can find, but midfield players as complete as Song are a lot harder to find.

I admire Arsenal for their financial model but they need to take a long,hard look at why they are losing their best players every season.

RVP's departure could have a dominoe effect. Arsenal would probably still be a top 4 side but every year they seem to be moving further and further away from that celebrated top 4 places. They would not have been in the CL if not for Spurs self-destruction towards the end.

Were they even serious title contenders last season at any point? This slow decline of the team needs to be rectified

These next two weeks are going to be crucial for us. We need to wrap up our transfers before or during the beginning of pre-season. We can't have another transfer deadline day like last season.

Why would Lewandowski want to move from Dortmund to Arsenal. Dortmund are a considerably stronger team. Serious challengers on all 4 fronts. Better fan support than Arsenal. Play in a competitive Bundesliga. Unless its money-related or Lewandowski has some childhood dream of playing in the EPL like good ole Kagagwa

:P

Are you serious?

Ask Cabaye why he moved from French champions to team that was not even in Europe.

Arsenal are bigger club worldwide than Dortmund.

Isn't Song's contract running out in 1 year as well? IMO, he would be the biggest loss. Good strikers you can find, but midfield players as complete as Song are a lot harder to find.

2 years. Still this has affect on his contract negotiations which should have also started already.

Commercially they're twice the size; I get what Alcaraz is trying to say though. Dortmund have some quality players and a chance of picking up more silverware on the domestic front, whilst it is more competitve in the English competitions so you need substantially better sides to take it. For the players who want to prove themselves though, playing in the EPL is a big draw (alongside the wage increase); as you can see from Cabaye and even Santon.

The model itself has long been critised, but certainly the club was never going to splash the cash. The biggest problem the club faces isn't about maintaining players at all, it's about direction of the club and how as the "brand" grows the shareholders are cashing out with big returns. Say what you like about Chelsea and them being plastic, but at least the owner actually wants to win trophies over saving a few quid. I'm pretty sure there are ways of financing the club without contantly selling the best players, though they may involve reduced returns for the shareholders.

Last edited:
Back