The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Dortmund have over 80k attendance thanks to low ticket prices and standing places. If Arsenal had standing places and lower ticket prices for those slots we could pull easily 100k crowds or more.

Also as long as Arsenal are competing at the top of prem and prem is considered higher quality league Arsenal have more pull than Dortmund. Things will be different if Arsenal drop down places, but that would probably scare off Kroenke selling to Usmanov who'd go apeshit with transfers to take Arsenal to top.

Also think if you have chance would you go to Dortmund or London?

Agree with some of this, but I dont think you can argue you have more pull than Dortmund

If they were so good, they should have finished higher than fourth in OUR UCl group. Ffs, even Marseille finished above them and they are suddenly a much better team? Come on...without Kagawa they will drop at least 1 level in the football world, even with Reus's transfer. Bayern looked tired and lame for the last two seasons, but now with Mandzukic, Shaquiri, Dante etc. they are most probably going to win the BL.

You can't base the quality of a team around one CL group. Dortmund also had Götze injured for a large part of the last season so between Gündogan improving massively as a player since the beginning of the last season, the transfer of Reus and Götze hopefully not getting injured they should be able to perform as well as they did with Kagawa. Time will tell, though. Dante and Mandzukic don't look particularly scary tbh. Shaqiri will probably be world class eventually, though, but not next season.

Dortmund are amazingly fun to watch. Im not surprised they draw huge crowds

Last edited:
Simply looking at results doesn't tell the whole story. Dortmund did not just have a good year. They completely crushed Bundesliga, beating some all-time records on the way, including most points in the season. You just dont leave team like that unless if to join another serious title contender in a bigger league - thats a very small group of clubs and Arsenal aint in it.

And not making it out of CL group stages...well...neither did both Manchesters, and they still were head and shoulders over Arsenal in EPL.

I guess theres always a chance he doesn't care about titles at this point of his career and just wants more money.

When they were injured, who gave them support? Arsene & us, the fans.

Unless the fans were taking turns giving Robin massages, i don't see how's that important? Chanting and applauses is a nice gesture,but believe it or not, it wont heal a broken leg.

Unless the fans were taking turns giving Robin massages, i don't see how's that important? Chanting and applauses is a nice gesture,but believe it or not, it wont heal a broken leg.

Agree with this. Loads of player suffer a spate of injuries and most clubs/fans worth their salt do the best they can to support the player. Look at Man Utd for Hargreaves etc. Does not mean the player should stay at the club and give up better opportunities through a misguided sense of loyalty

Lot of talk of Barca joining in on RVP hunt and are looking to sell Villa off so they have funds for RVP.

Dont completely believe it's true, but I'd gladly take Villa off Barca along with one of Cuenca/Tello/Semper or Rafinha.

Still I see Jovetic as most likely replacement for RVP and he is amazing player. Also Fiorentina have been after Chamakh since january so we could include him in the deal to take it bit lower.

Last edited:
Lot of talk of Barca joining in on RVP hunt and are looking to sell Villa off so they have funds for RVP.

Dont completely believe it's true, but I'd gladly take Villa off Barca along with one of Cuenca/Tello/Semper or Rafinha.

Still I see Jovetic as most likely replacement for RVP and he is amazing player. Also Fiorentina have been after Chamakh since january so we could include him in the deal to take it bit lower.

There have been rumours that Juve are after Villa, so that might happen.

Jovetic, Robert Lewandoski, Adrian Lopez. Just a few names is being linked up with us now to place RVP. Cant see any off those moves happen unless we get like a good 20m+ fee for RVP. plus he have to start increasing a bit on our wage cap to get the best players possible.

And this is for you RVP :P

[video=youtube;FgCq7oQ-dZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgCq7oQ-dZE[/video]

Moving on, Capoue [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]seems for like a better buy compared to Yann. Capoue was named Team of year for Ligue 1 last season ahead of Yann, and so is the stats. Since Yann had a police bust up, and now the french team bust up, i would rather much [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]have[/FONT] capoue than the troublemaker Yann

Football premier-league: Arsenal turn attention to Toulouse midfielder | Radio talkSPORT

[video=youtube;mH0ywzaOLaQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH0ywzaOLaQ[/video]

Rumors on twitter saying David Villa and 13m for RvP, honestly if anyone believes that we will get David Villa they are kinda stupid. One how is he going to pass a medical with a broken leg, two if you think RvP's demands were high imagine Villa's.

I'll take Jovetic or Lewandowski, never heard of Adrian Lopez.

Simply looking at results doesn't tell the whole story. Dortmund did not just have a good year. They completely crushed Bundesliga, beating some all-time records on the way, including most points in the season. You just dont leave team like that unless if to join another serious title contender in a bigger league - thats a very small group of clubs and Arsenal aint in it.

And not making it out of CL group stages...well...neither did both Manchesters, and they still were head and shoulders over Arsenal in EPL.

I guess theres always a chance he doesn't care about titles at this point of his career and just wants more money.

Neither Manchester team came fourth in their CL group :P

And you really think if we went for one of BVB's players, they would reject Arsenal without thinking?

Rumors on twitter saying David Villa and 13m for RvP, honestly if anyone believes that we will get David Villa they are kinda stupid. One how is he going to pass a medical with a broken leg, two if you think RvP's demands were high imagine Villa's.

I'll take Jovetic or Lewandowski, never heard of Adrian Lopez.

this is Adrian Lopez

Arsenal chase Adrian Lopez, Spurs keep Gareth Bale but can they still land Jan Vertonghen; Luka Modric wants out | Premier League News | The Week UK

These rumors came during the Euro.

Back