The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
When they were injured, who gave them support? Arsene & us, the fans. When they were playin` like ****, who gave them support? Arsene & us, the fans. Now it`s time for them to show some appreciation, it`s not the best times for the club, i know, but this is my view on things. So, if 6 M £/year for RvP & 4.8 M £/year for Walcott it`s not enough, than they should leave as soon as possible.

His career is on it's back legs. He deserves some trophies. Show some appreciation? He shot you into the top 4 last season, appreciate that.

I think most fans are taking that stance, Scouse. I don't see the player at fault at all, he wants to finish his playing career with some trophies and not think 'What if?..'. The bigger focus should be on why the club isn't challenging for trophies after being United's "rival" for nearly a decade, and turning into also-rans.

:P

Are you serious?

In terms of revenue and international support, Arsenal may be bigger than Dortmund, as they're not too popular outside of Germany. Aside from that... Dortmund>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Arsenal

Better fans, bigger stadium, if RvP leaves definitely a better squad (I'd go as far as to say it's a better squad already), a great young manager with the full backing of the board - a board that, unlike Arsenal's, actually provides funds for players every year and is commited to keeping the better players for as long as it's necessary. They also have a realistic chance of challenging for trophies, winning the Bundesliga twice in as many years and the DFB-Pokal once. Finally, when it comes to history, they have a history at least as rich as Arsenal's, with the added bonus that they have already won the CL once.

Don't take this as a swing at Arsenal because it's not, but it's pretty clear to me that most people have no clue about the Bundesliga.

In terms of revenue and international support, Arsenal may be bigger than Dortmund, as they're not too popular outside of Germany. Aside from that... Dortmund>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Arsenal

Better fans, bigger stadium, if RvP leaves definitely a better squad (I'd go as far as to say it's a better squad already), a great young manager with the full backing of the board - a board that, unlike Arsenal's, actually provides funds for players every year and is commited to keeping the better players for as long as it's necessary. They also have a realistic chance of challenging for trophies, winning the Bundesliga twice in as many years and the DFB-Pokal once. Finally, when it comes to history, they have a history at least as rich as Arsenal's, with the added bonus that they have already won the CL once.

Don't take this as a swing at Arsenal because it's not, but it's pretty clear to me that most people have no clue about the Bundesliga.

Better fans?

They probably have a slightly better squad and our manager is also fully backed by the board. They haven't got teams like Man City, Chelsea or United in their league who also challenge for the League as well as having the world wide reputation to sign top notch players (apart from Bayern) They can compete for the Bundesliga but they showed last year that they couldn't compete for the CL.

They clearly are not considerably better than Arsenal :P

Better fans?

They probably have a slightly better squad and our manager is also fully backed by the board. They haven't got teams like Man City, Chelsea or United in their league who also challenge for the League as well as having the world wide reputation to sign top notch players (apart from Bayern) They can compete for the Bundesliga but they showed last year that they couldn't compete for the CL.

With teams like United, City, etc in their league, Dortmund would also grow due to the added revenue. The fans in Germany are mental, turn out in massive amounts and support to **** and love singing. Arsenal, not so much.

Its a good read that letter and he certainly says the right things, not that that's hard. I'm am slowly leaning to wanting him to buy over the club just because the lack of involvement from stan is just stupid. I'm not sure if you saw his speech at the amt last year but it was pathetic and he didn't lay out any of his ambitions for the club which is strange.

Why would Lewandowski want to move from Dortmund to Arsenal. Dortmund are a considerably stronger team. Serious challengers on all 4 fronts. Better fan support than Arsenal. Play in a competitive Bundesliga. Unless its money-related or Lewandowski has some childhood dream of playing in the EPL like good ole Kagagwa

Jovetic rumour has legs though

A considerably stronger team?! Give over. We aren't as good as we used to be but that's too far.

I'd say it is definitely stronger, the degree of which, I'm not too sure.

I dont think there is much in it, but the clubs are going in different directions. Dortmund are going up, while Arsenal look like they are slipping backwards.

Better fans?

Definitely better fans, as a matter of fact most fans in Germany are more enthusiastic than their English counterparts. I've seen many games where the Emirates had plenty of empty seats despite having a significantly lower capacity than Dortmund's Signal Iduna Park (Did I ever say I hate all these sponsorship-related stadium names?).

Your manager is fully backed by the board? The board won't sack him, true, but that's different from being backed by the board. They've been selling the team's best players for a long time now and the manager has taken the hit every single time. Not only that, but even though they've been replaced the team's performance hasn't improved.

OTOH Dortmund have been improving ever since Klopp's arrival, and find themselves with a young, hungry squad that has been strengthened this season with the arrival of arguably the second-hottest prospect in the Bundesliga (Reus) - second only to their very own Mario Götze - even though they lost Kagawa. As a matter of fact, just look at the way they handled the Kagawa situation and look at what's happening with RvP.

Also, they don't have City, United or Chelsea, but they have Schalke and Bayern, and unlike the Premier League the Bundesliga is open to surprises (You need only look at Gladbach's last 2 seasons).

Finally, regarding the CL, IIRC they outplayed you both home and away, their games against Marseille at home and Olympiakos away were pretty crappy though. On paper, though, their squad is more than good enough.

I'd say it is definitely stronger, the degree of which, I'm not too sure.
If they were so good, they should have finished higher than fourth in OUR UCl group. Ffs, even Marseille finished above them and they are suddenly a much better team? Come on...without Kagawa they will drop at least 1 level in the football world, even with Reus's transfer. Bayern looked tired and lame for the last two seasons, but now with Mandzukic, Shaquiri, Dante etc. they are most probably going to win the BL.

Dortmund fans are some of the best in the world. If I'm not mistaken, they hold the record for average highest attendance in Europe, set last season.

And now its Kolo Toure's turn to say RVP must come to City. Im guessing its Nasri's turn for Saturday then, followed by Adebayor on Sunday.

Should we get Elia if Walcott does go ? Worrying times :(

Last edited:
Dortmund fans are some of the best in the world. Mainly because tickets are so well priced. I will be going to Germany in the autmun to watch football at some point. can't wait.

Dortmund have over 80k attendance thanks to low ticket prices and standing places. If Arsenal had standing places and lower ticket prices for those slots we could pull easily 100k crowds or more.

Also as long as Arsenal are competing at the top of prem and prem is considered higher quality league Arsenal have more pull than Dortmund. Things will be different if Arsenal drop down places, but that would probably scare off Kroenke selling to Usmanov who'd go apeshit with transfers to take Arsenal to top.

Also think if you have chance would you go to Dortmund or London?

Dortmund fans are incredible, I was at the Arsenal vs Dortmund game at the emirates last season. The best fans to have ever come to the Grove. They smashed up my local park afterwards though, cheeky bastards.

Dortmund have over 80k attendance thanks to low ticket prices and standing places. If Arsenal had standing places and lower ticket prices for those slots we could pull easily 100k crowds or more.

Also as long as Arsenal are competing at the top of prem and prem is considered higher quality league Arsenal have more pull than Dortmund. Things will be different if Arsenal drop down places, but that would probably scare off Kroenke selling to Usmanov who'd go apeshit with transfers to take Arsenal to top.

Also think if you have chance would you go to Dortmund or London?

No chance.

Back